The Peterborough Minor Illness and Injury Unit (MIIU) is based at City Care Centre, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, PE3 6DB.
The MIIU provides a range of services, including information on staying healthy, advice and treatment for minor illnesses and injuries without having to make an appointment.
The unit is led by staff with both nursing and medical backgrounds, enabling them to see, treat and discharge patients independently.
No appointment is necessary and the service aims to see and start patients’ treatments within 45 minutes of their arrival.
The MIIU can treat the following ailments:
- Minor illnesses
- Cuts, grazes and lacerations (but not very deep cuts or lacerations that will not stop bleeding)
- Minor scalds and burns
- Strains, sprains and suspected fractures
- Bites and stings
- Ear and throat infections
- Minor skin infections/rashes
- Minor eye conditions/infections
- Stomach upsets
- Coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
Telephone Number: 01733 293800
Open: 8am-8pm, seven days a week, including weekends and Bank Holidays