Heatherdene Nursing Home

01424 224518 30 The Highlands , Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN39 5HL

Based on 6 ratings for this care provider

Based on 6 ratings for this care provider

Terry, Glen & Tracy gave Heatherdene Nursing Home a rating of 5 stars

Thank you is not enough!!

My mum was a resident at Heatherdene for 3 years until she passed away in January of this year. The care that my mum received over the last 3 years has been superb. Every single staff member was so caring and very professional. Nothing was ever a problem and they always had time for my mum. The last 2 weeks that my mum was with us was obviously a very difficult time for our family but All the staff were so good with us all. They looked after my mum with dignity and so much care. My family would have no hesitation in recommending Heatherdene. We would like to thank all of them so much.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 06 March 2018

Tracy gave Heatherdene Nursing Home a rating of 5 stars

Great Nursing home

My mum has been a resident at Heatherdene for 2 years. When mum came to the home she was very poorly and bed bound. With the excellent care from all the staff, that mum receives she is now hoisted into a chair, something the family never thought they would see mum do again. She is well and happy and has settled into nursing home life very well. We recently celebrated a big birthday for mum and all the staff helped us make it a special day for mum. The food is always fresh and tasty. The cleanliness of the home is very good. We are so pleased that we had the opportunity to be able to choose this home for mum.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

Eileen gave Heatherdene Nursing Home a rating of 5 stars

Considerate meeting of individual's needs

I think generally the care and attention my father receives is excellent considering that at times it must be difficult dealing with someone who basically is having to do things he wouldn't necessarily want to do, whilst being unable to do things he would like to, due to his incapacity to walk, eat food in a normal way, etc.

I am kept informed as and when his condition changes, i.e. if he is being prescribed antibiotics, etc. When we visit we are greeted in a welcoming manner.

I am appreciative of all the staff involved in my father's care and would certainly recommend this particular Home to anybody who is in a similar position.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

A visitor's impression of Heatherdene

I visited a friend at Heatherdene on a regular basis for over 4 years.

She was not the easiest of people to get on with even before she needed care and was a very private person.

She had never experienced the need for assistance with her care needs before and made it quite clear she resented any personal interventions. She presented with some very challenging issues at times and could be aggressive at times. I witnessed some of the behavioural problems she displayed during my visits.

However, she enjoyed bantering with the staff and the social contact they provided.

The staff managed her needs extremely well and treated her with respect and dignity she deserved. There approach was always sensitive and caring. As my friend's physical and mental health deteriorated and her needs increased, she lost her independence. She was given excellent care and treated with empathy and understanding.

I would like to thank the staff for the care given to my friend in sometimes very difficult circumstances.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 30 March 2017

Anonymous gave Heatherdene Nursing Home a rating of 5 stars

Nursing care provided for terminally ill family member

The level of care shown by nurses, carers and auxiliary staff towards my family member has been excellent. The extremely complex care required for a comfortable 'end of life' have been adressed with a good level of promptness and consideration.
The home is clean, well appointed and provides in house meals that are nutritional and varied.
I know they offer a lot more but my family member has been to ill to participate.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

Excellent - Friendly, Quality Care

Have been visiting my grandmother who's been resident for years. From the start the staff were friendly, helpful and dedicated to looking after her. Always accommodating and flexible, willing to meet individual needs and happy to allow visits anytime. The family are very happy grandma's in the best care possible.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 05 October 2018