Parkside Lodge

Based on 5 ratings for this care provider

Based on 5 ratings for this care provider

Anonymous gave Parkside Lodge a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

My mother came to the home in 2017 and she has come on leaps & bounds ever since. All the staff are kind and attentive, and is easy to tell the staff genuinely love their job. A new manager took over earlier this year and it has been nothing but a positive experience. There are lots of ideas for the home which is exciting to see taking place. It's a comfort to read the recent CQC report which backs up my thoughts on the wonderful care that is given here at Parkside Lodge Care Home.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

jenny penny gave Parkside Lodge a rating of 5 stars

lovely care home

after being discharged from hospital the family had to find a care home for my friends mum and as my friend lives in Australia I visit her mum every week I am very happy with the care she gets and there is a good choice on the menu, activities in the lounge like a quiz, sing a longs they also take them out on outings which are always enjoyed, her room is nice with plenty of storage and TV ,in the summer the staff took them into the garden and they planted seeds in pots which was a great idea as they watched them grow the gardens are lovely and they have afternoon tea out side when its nice .
The home is situated in a ideal location with a bus stopping just 100 yards away taking you into Worthing or along the road to Goring and just a 10 minute walk to the beach ideal if you want to take your loved one for a walk and also a nice park behind the home , there is also a weekly visit from a hairdresser ,my friends mum calls me her adopted daughter and I am happy with the family's choice and report every week to my friend how well her mum is being looked after .

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Karen Kelly gave Parkside Lodge a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary Care

My mother came to live at Parkside Lodge in 2014 and Initially she was very scared after social services told her she was unable to return to her own flat due to multiple falls.

I knew nothing about choosing a care home for mum so relied on NHS choices to read the write ups and reports. Social services gave me a list of homes with available rooms and Parkside was the home we settled on.
Mum sadly passed away Feb 2017 and i felt i would like to let others know what a wonderful Care home Parkside is, in the hope it may help someone else in the same position as I was very scared when looking for a safe loving home for mum back in 2014.

The care home manager has been very kind and caring at all times I have found them to be professional and understanding in all mums needs.
I would also like to say a big thank you to the rest of the staff who went out of there way on many occasions to make sure mum was happy and comfortable. Visiting mum when she was in hospital after their shifts at work had finished.
Parkside Lodge offered mum a warm safe environment and she was well cared for at all times. Although mum didn't want to participate in organised activities and outings they were on offer and I quite often heard laughter and fun going on at a quiz game in the lounge.
The gardens are lovely to sit in and next door is a small park. Easy parking for visitors and local shops in Goring or Worthing town centre were all within easy reach.
Great security so residents couldn't just wander off if they had this tendency but for those who wanted to keep independent going out was not an issue if they liked to attend outside clubs.
I am so glad we chose Parkside Lodge for mum it was like home from home but for me as her daughter i knew she was safe and well cared for and loved.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Anonymous gave Parkside Lodge a rating of 5 stars

A Year on

A year has gone by since my friend moved into Parkside & apart from two minor medical problems he is still coping well . He enjoys the well ordered routine that the home provides.He enjoys the meals , some taken in his room some taken in the dining room with other residents. He enjoys the afternoon activities which vary from bingo to ten pin bowling..Occasionally a music afternoon with someone with a musical instrument keeps everyone happy . He has enjoyed a trip to the pier during the summer & the varied programme over the Christmas period. He continues to praise the staff who provide his care telling me & other people who visit him how kind & considerate they are . Looking back I am so pleased that we chose Parkside Lodge for him .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Philip Broadbridge gave Parkside Lodge a rating of 5 stars

The blessings of Parkside Lodge.

After resisting the thought of extra care, my stepmother at 90, was forced by a fall and broken femur to accept the idea.
It has proved to be a wonderful blessing to her. She has a lovely downstairs room with a french door looking out onto the garden, a very comfortable special bed, her own chair and various pieces of furniture including pictures and it feels like home to her.
Now feeding properly and with other people and events to occupy her mind, her memory which had become very hazy has returned to some extent,and she is able to enter in to conversations again. She has become very fond of the staff who are exceedingly kind and patient and recently told me she is very grateful for all the help and happiness that she now has found instead of being somewhat isolated and lonely.
So thank you all for all that you do for her,

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 09 March 2017