The Shelley Care Home

Based on 14 ratings for this care provider

Based on 14 ratings for this care provider

Carmel M reviewed The Shelley Care Home

Standards consistently high

Only stayed one week as needed to rest. Staff all very kind and all had enough time for a chat. Management very considerate and caring. Standards consistently high. Room spacious and light. Very clean. Felt very safe. Food very good.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017 using Most Recommended Care

Fiona H reviewed The Shelley Care Home

Nothing but wonderful praise

I have nothing but wonderful praise for the Shelley. The staff are full of love for their residents, something that Im not sure would happen in many such homes. My mother has been there for two and a half years now and she is, I honestly believe, much happier than when she was living at home by herself.

She feels loved, is surrounded by caring, funny, thoughtful people and is truly relaxed and content. The facilities at The Shelley are beautiful - everything is fresh and well tended. The entertainment is beyond compare - a constant stream of outings, musical events, local school children, pets and even a llama visit!

My mother, never a foodie, has told me numerous times how good the food is - and they have a Facebook page showing the residents and staff just loving life (and yes, the food looks amazing!). I could not be happier for my mother to be living there, and when the time comes, I might just book myself in!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017 using Most Recommended Care

Joan B reviewed The Shelley Care Home

The Shelley Care Home

All staff are friendly and helpful. Senior staff have surpassed my expectations with help in what to do, how to do it etc. Chairs and bed comfortable, and I love the food.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 23 May 2017 using Most Recommended Care

R Poland reviewed The Shelley Care Home

I have been showered with care and kindness

I have lived at The Shelley for four years now and have always found it excellent, but it is the last few weeks that really proved to me they are the best since my knee surgery last month, I have been showered with care and kindness second to none. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they all without exception attend to me with kindness. I am very fortunate to have found The Shelley when I did.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 24 June 2016 using Most Recommended Care

E Webb reviewed The Shelley Care Home

Respite care

I came for three weeks respite over Christmas and could not have had a better time. The care is very good, staff friendly, kind and compassionate. Management presence and visibility not stuck in their offices but around. My room was very comfortable, I had everything I needed. The home is spotlessly clean. Plenty of food and a lot of choice throughout the day. Very nice coffee and a glass of wine with your meals. I am coming back again three times this year when my family go on a holiday.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 24 June 2016 using Most Recommended Care

J Knight reviewed The Shelley Care Home

A most wonderful place to live

We had such a lot going on this Christmas. The whole of December was packed with extra activities and things going on. The home was beautifully decorated, so much so that people were bringing int heir friends to have a look around. We had a marvelous time, had a wonderful Christmas party and we saw the New Year in with many staff who came in especially our visitors and friends. A most wonderful place to live in.

C Colfer reviewed The Shelley Care Home

My second home

I have lived at The Shelley for 8 years and it has become my second home. The owner, manager, deputies and all of the staff treat me as a human being and care for me in a gentle and positive way. Nothing is too much trouble and I have all the independence I need. The security of living here is a massive relief and I have no need to worry anymore. I am pampered, respected and loved greatly by many. There is a constant buzz about the home and laughter and love is everywhere. The food is of an extremely high standard with no shortage of anything and superb choice at all times. The activities, entertainment, outings and daily happenings are in abundance. There is no need to be bored. My family live overseas but they dont have to worry about me now. I love living here and I am most fortunate to be able to do so.

P Ireland reviewed The Shelley Care Home

The staff are wonderful

I have been a happy resident at The Shelley for 8 years now. The staff are wonderful, nothing is too much trouble for them. They are always willing to help and do their best for you as always. Christmas is very special here with everyone doing their best to make it a time to remember. I love the food here, plentiful and always a lot of choice. I would not want to be anywhere else.

C Filce reviewed The Shelley Care Home

One happy fmaily

I cannot speak highly enough of The Shelley, its wonderful, everybody is so kind and thoughtful. To me it is one happy family.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 22 January 2016 using Most Recommended Care

Anonymous reviewed The Shelley Care Home

So kind and caring

The Shelley is a wonderful place, all the staff are so kind and caring. My father has enjoyed his stay and will be sad to leave all the wonderful staff to go to his new flat. They have been so attentive when he has been ill and know if he doesn't feel himself. The entertainment has been good, lots of singing and outings. The 2 organisers are full of fun. The food is wonderful, my Dad has put on a bit of weight but looks much healthier for it. My Dad has said that if he doesn't get on independently at his flat he will be back. Thank you for so much.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 22 January 2016 using Most Recommended Care