Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office

01789 443234 Helping Hands House, 10 Tything Road West, Kinwarton , Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6EP

Based on 64 ratings for this care provider

Based on 64 ratings for this care provider

Ann gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 1 stars

shambolic service

We have used the hourly visit care for 16 months and have been very happy with it for our mum, 93 years old with dementia - we moved to live in care in July and out of seven occasions of a carer turning up it has failed 5 times now. The upset to our mum and the inconvenience to our family has had a huge impact. Last night we were due to handover to another carer and yet again a no show - it is now 945 am and no communication yet! We have lost all confidence that the company has the ability to provide a safe caring efficient service.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 04 November 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 06 November 2018

Hello,

We are truly very sorry to hear about the negative experience you have had with our live in care service. This does not reflect our usual high standards of care and support that is seen across the rest of the company.

Your local live in care manager is coming out to meet with you today to rectify this situation, and provide any further support that is needed regarding this incident. It is extremely important to us that all of our customers are extremely satisfied with the care they are receiving. Our Head of Homecare Keeley will be very happy to speak with you if you would like any further contact or support. You can email her at keeley.mitchell@helpinghands.co.uk

Kindest regards,
Faye

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Carers who really do CARE about the person they look after

I want to say than you for the very flexible support that has been given in quite difficult circumstances. Have used live in, day care and night sitting service. All have been very good. The present main carer is amazing and treating my friend like he were her dad

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 07 November 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. We understand that care is crucially important to keeping people safe and comfortable, and can make a huge difference in a difficult time. It’s wonderful to hear that you have had success with all of the care services that we offer and we are delighted to hear that it is making a difference to your friend. For a carer to slot in so well and become almost part of the family is exactly what we strive for.

Would you like to let me know your local branch and the current carer so that I can pass on your great feedback? You can drop me an email to marketing@helpinghands.co.uk

With kindest regards,
Faye

Ann gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 1 stars

HH response to my Review called Shambolic Service

Although HH responded to the review I posted on the 4th November and they stated they would come out and visit this did not happen. I am not sure where they thought they may visit ? my mother with dementia ?or myself who lives over 30 miles away? (which is why we have a live in carer service). Nobody has rung emailed or visited to discuss and review the shambolic service we have encountered since July.The service started later than planned due to a last minute rearrangement of carer, then the next arranged carer did not turn up due to transport issues with the weather, then the next one did not turn up as the flight had not been booked by HH, we then had a lovely carer. However handover from her to the next carer was delayed by one week even though she had a flight booked as HH forgot to arrange a replacement carer. The next carer I cannot discuss other than to say there was a gap between carers of 5 hours leaving our mother without a carer. She was due to arrive at 1pm and at 5pm still had not caught her train from London! Last weeks carer was fine but again the handover was a disgrace as the carer did not turn up which led to my review. In summary she has had 4 carers and the plan is 4 more carers up to the end of the year. 8 major changes for someone with dementia. I rest my case.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 08 November 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 09 November 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to get back in touch with us, we are aware that our Head of Service Keeley Mitchell has been in contact with you personally and will be investigating the concerns that you have raised. Keeley will again be in touch very soon, but in the meantime if you do have anything urgent that you’d like to discuss with her please email her at Keeley.Mitchell@helpinghands.co.uk and she’ll happily give you a call.

Excellent live in care

My mum has two amazing live in carers - not only do they care for her beautifully, they make her happy and enable her to enjoy things we never thought possible after a devastating stroke. Thanks to them, her quality of life is the best it can be.
Head Office and the managers have been excellent too - flexible, compassionate and supportive.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 06 September 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 07 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your kind words and personal recommendation about our live-in care service. We’re delighted to hear how pleased you are with the support that you and your mum are receiving, from the carers but also from the care manager and head office team in managing and coordinating the support. It’s fantastic to hear how together we’re helping to improve your mum’s quality of life – this is exactly what we’re here to do.

Keeley Mitchell
Head of Service for Live-in Care

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 2 stars

Money grabbing

I used Helping Hands in November 2017 to provide 1 night overnight care for my mother. This year they want to charge £100 for an "assessment" prior to providing the service. With £140 per night and £20.50 each additional hour, this would cost around £600 pounds to have my mother looked after from 5pm to 9pm next day. Outrageous. A week in a care home would be more cost effective.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 06 August 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 16 August 2018

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Unlike many other home care providers, we don’t normally charge an assessment fee. However, if the care visits are for four weeks or less, we do charge a fee to cover the costs of the initial assessment, compiling your support plan and putting care in place.

As the last time you received support was in November last year, we would need to revisit your support plan to ensure that everything is up-to-date and that we’re providing the right level of care and support to your mother. It also helps us to ensure we have found the most suitable carer and that they are fully briefed.

We do have prices for live-in care on a temporary basis from three days and up. As a company, we are very upfront about our charges and pride ourselves on making them clear from the start to each of our customers. If you’d like to discuss this further, please do contact me directly by emailing caroline.redman@helpinghands.co.uk

With best wishes,

Caroline
Head of Customer Service

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

My father has had live in care for the last 3+ years provided by Helping Hands. The Carers are very well trained and professional and they are all so kind and deliver excellent levels of care -enabling him to live happily in his own home. It’s everything that home care should be and they work hard to ensure he is safe and very well cared for.
The area manager pops in frequently to check on the Carers and always ensures that they are meeting my fathers needs and receive training and she always checks we are happy with the service.
We have also recently had input from their nurse lead who helped us with a successful Continuing Healthcare assessment - ensuring the care plan and documentation reflected everything the Carers do to help.
Having had experience of several care agencies and nursing homes I rate Helping Hands as one of the best agencies for home care and a great option for those who want to remain in their own home.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 04 July 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 16 July 2018

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback about the live-in care and support we've been providing to your father for the last three years. We are delighted to hear how much of a difference this has made to you as a family, and especially the additional support and checks from our area manager to ensure you are happy with everything.

It's also great to hear how our clinical team was able to support you recently with your successful CHC assessment.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and recommendation. We'll share this with the rest of the team - they will be very pleased to hear how happy you are with our services.

V H gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic live-in care

Helping Hands provided live-in care for my mother for over 10 years. Mum died in early July at the fantastic age of 101, and we were so grateful for the excellent support that Helping Hands provided. It enabled us to keep Mum safe in her own home right until the end.

They provided some excellent carers over the years. One stayed with Mum for about 7 years (which is unusual) and they had a very good relationship. Then after that we were fortunate to have two carers who between them organised their time so that one would always cover for the other's holidays. This was invaluable - as Mum became more frail, the fact that she knew both carers well was hugely reassuring. Both women were extremely loving and caring towards Mum - I don’t think we could have had better carers.

Mum was able to live as she had always wanted - in her own home, with all her things around her, loved and cared for by amazing people.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 August 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 20 August 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for taking the time to share your feedback, especially during what must be such a difficult time for your family. On behalf of the whole team here, it was a real pleasure to support your Mum so she could live safely and comfortably at home. The carers will be delighted to hear how much of a difference they made to her and to the rest of your family - it's the whole reason that we do what we do each day.

Caroline Cannon
Live-in Care Manager

Carole Stokes gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Clinical Team given me stability at home

I was in hospital and no hope of going home without a care package to enable me to live with my son and my dog.
Everything has been going so well and I am so pleased with all of my carers and with the way I am being managed and supported by a member of staff and her team of clincal nurses and carers.
Just has my chc review and it's the first time they have been happy with my care at home for years

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 27 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your review! Enabling independent living is exactly what we strive for here at Helping Hands, and we're delighted to hear about the high standard of support you've received from our clinical team and carers so you could return home from hospital, especially when you'd given up hope. To hear that it's the first time that the CHC has been happy with your care for years is a real testament to our team's expertise and attention to detail.

We'll pass your feedback to everyone involved. Thank you again for sharing, and do let us know if there's ever anything more we can do to help.

Warmest wishes,

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 1 stars

Most carers good , managers awful

My mother has had several visits a day from helping hands for a while now

The carers are mainly very nice , though they do spend most of the time sitting down whilst my mother chats to them , they offer her drinks and make her a sandwich or a variety of food.

They tend to write long , largely superfluous notes , instead of short accurate succinct accounts of the visit.

They have not updated my mother's care plan, they have not been walking with her and helping her to maintain independence, mainly sit down with her.

Apparently the carers have 3 days training, they seem to have little understanding of fluid balance, hydration etc

The management is not good, difficult, not flexible and unwilling to change my mother's hours to reflect her care needs , managers did not listen or respond effectively , have their own agenda which is essentially cost driven, I believe, it's a shame

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 16 August 2018

Hello,

We really are concerned to read your review and would very much like the opportunity to investigate this properly as it is not reflective of the care and support that is provided in the rest of the company.

Would you mind emailing me directly with details of the branch that you deal with and your mother’s name so we can follow this up immediately?

I look forward to hearing from you – my email address is victoria.greenwood@helpinghands.co.uk

Best wishes,

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care.

Overnight stay and full days care. All very satisfactory.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 05 June 2018

Thanks for your sharing your feedback and personal recommendation! We're pleased to hear that you've been satisfied with our services.