Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office

Based on 44 ratings for this care provider

Based on 44 ratings for this care provider

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 3 stars

Great carers, dreadful organisation

The majority of carers are outstanding and go the extra mile. The organisation of care is awful though and my experience is that they're not organised as a company to provide what they say they will. Although they do try to send a regular carer this has become increasingly less reliable as rotas are consistently wrong so either the carer has changed and you're not told or they come at a different time. Communication is really bad so even multiple messages don't warrant a response. Social services response is that these are issues typical of care companies but that's hardly a commendation for a person centred industry that apparently is there to help promote independence. If you're laid back as to times and carer they might be a good company to consider but if you like consistency and to have your wishes respected and be kept informed, look elsewhere!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 20 February 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 21 February 2018

Hello,

We’re truly sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me reassure you that this does not reflect the usual high standards here at Helping Hands.

We’re very keen to find out more about your experience so we can investigate and ensure any necessary improvements can be made. Would you mind sending some more information to marketing@helpinghands.co.uk so we can look into this matter for you?

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Helping Hands Solihull

Helping Hands carers have visited Mum (Hilda 91yrs) three times a day for nearly a year.
The carers have dealt with Mums reduced ability to look after herself as well as her dementia in a professional manner and have always been friendly, caring and reliable.
The carers we see and the team at Solihull branch have helped and supported me with issues that have arisen.
My sister and I would definitely recommend Helping Hands to any family whose relative needs are and support in their own home,
Many thanks to all the lovely ladies who visited Mum
Chris

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 25 January 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 26 January 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback about the support your Mum has been receiving from our team in Solihull. We're so pleased that our carers have made such a big difference to you and your family.

Best wishes,

Sue gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

I'll never have enough words to thank you all for the wonderful care you give to mum, not just physically but emotionally. It makes a huge difference to her life and to be honest, to ours too. Please tell the staff how amazing they are.

Thanks, it's so reassuring to get your email each week and we know that mum is in such lovely, caring and capable hands.

You're all fab!!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 29 January 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 30 January 2018

Hello Sue,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about the care and support we're providing to your Mum. We're so pleased to hear that our carers are making such a big difference to your family.

With best wishes,

Russell gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Carers

I have used two other agencies for care provision for other relatives - with very mixed success. When my uncle needed a live-in carer we tried Helping Hands. They have been absolutely outstanding - well organised, communicative and understanding. What stands out, however, has been the quality of their carers: these have been tremendous, often having to work in difficult circumstances as my uncle has fallen ill several times. They have really gone the extra mile, and given my uncle great support. Very highly recommended.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 10 December 2017

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 11 December 2017

Hello Russell,

Thanks for sharing your lovely feedback about the support your uncle is receiving from Helping Hands. We're so pleased to hear that we're making such a difference to your family.

Steve gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional

My dear Mum died last night. When she first needed care last summer, we tried out another care company. Not one of the carers from that company were competent, Helping Hands carers were not only competent, it was clear that for these carers this was their vocation. They became trusted people to mum, were efficient, kind and helped me try and do the best for her. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Care is a minefield. I had a gut feeling that the first company I approached were not efficient or competent. Helping Hands were professional and committed to giving their best service. And as my mother came close to death they made sure that only the most competent care givers were available to me. Death of a close relative is extremely difficult, Helping Hands made those final days easier for us. I am eternally grateful for their help above and beyond the call of duty. If I could do it again I would not waste my time trying out other companies, just go for this one.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 February 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 15 February 2018

Hello Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the support we provided, and especially at such a sad time for you and your family. We're so pleased to hear that our carers offered such professionalism and commitment, and managed to help make your mum's final days easier for you all.

May we take this opportunity to offer our condolences to you and your family.

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 1 stars

Terrible, unsupportive, uncaring company - don't be fooled

Helping Hands are just interested in their own profit margins and their 'look'. It is clear that although some of the front line staff are lovely the expectations of the company are over and above what the managers are able to achieve and do.

My family have experienced inadequate care and support and feel that Helping Hands are just interested in making as much money as possible for example I know that 'Live -in' carers receive such a small amount of the total cost we pay for the care - into whose pocket does all the rest go.

Don't be fooled that this is a 'family' company - it is a private for profit organisation that doesn't care about its staff or clients.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Hello,

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience, this does not reflect the usual high standards of care and support from Helping Hands.

Would you mind sending more information to marketing@helpinghands.co.uk so we can look into this matter?

HelenSL gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Thank you!

I needed to find a care company to go in daily to help Mum with meals as she lives alone and has early Alzheimer's. I live 300 miles away and am an only child so I can't pop in every day to help her. I chose Helping Hands, and am so glad I did. They are wonderful. Any problems are sorted out immediately. The staff are wonderful. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

Hello Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback, it is really appreciated. I'm so pleased that we've been able to support your family.

Jennie gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Helping hands York Exellent

Helping hands York have given me and excellent service from day 1. I have very punctual and consistent carers who are friendly and easy to communicate with, The care given is totally person centered and my needs from the carers and managers always come first. The staff that manage in the office are willing to work with other carers in the care field if necessary. The staff are all one big team who work together and go above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy with the service, this includes making sure the carers are looked after and happy in thier work. Helping hands York have treated me much better than any care company I have been a customer to in the past. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Hello Jennie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback about the support your family is receiving from our team in York. We're so pleased to hear about the difference they're making to you and your family.

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Friendly and supportive

Helping hands are friendly, efficient and prompt I felt in safe hands from the moment I met the branch manager who came to do my assessment willing to do anything that is asked of them.
I could not ask for a better service.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback, it is really appreciated. I'm so pleased that we've been able to support you.

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 1 stars

Poor communication and consequently poor quality of care for

Care manager
Poor communication
No contract until 8 months later as I my disabled daughter and deputy under the office of the public guardianship made a fuss
Very keen to take your money for care not provided
Very quick to say how marveloue she is and not providing the right care
If you are thinking about this agency think carefully

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 April 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 10 April 2018

Hello, we're truly sorry to hear that you've had this experience, this doesn't sound like our usual standard of care. We're very keen to find out more so we can investigate what happened. Would you be willing to send further details to me at victoria.greenwood@helpinghands.co.uk so we can look into this matter?