Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office

01789 443234 Helping Hands House, 10 Tything Road West, Kinwarton , Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 5EP

Based on 64 ratings for this care provider

Based on 64 ratings for this care provider

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 2 stars

Money grabbing

I used Helping Hands in November 2017 to provide 1 night overnight care for my mother. This year they want to charge £100 for an "assessment" prior to providing the service. With £140 per night and £20.50 each additional hour, this would cost around £600 pounds to have my mother looked after from 5pm to 9pm next day. Outrageous. A week in a care home would be more cost effective.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 06 August 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 16 August 2018

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Unlike many other home care providers, we don’t normally charge an assessment fee. However, if the care visits are for four weeks or less, we do charge a fee to cover the costs of the initial assessment, compiling your support plan and putting care in place.

As the last time you received support was in November last year, we would need to revisit your support plan to ensure that everything is up-to-date and that we’re providing the right level of care and support to your mother. It also helps us to ensure we have found the most suitable carer and that they are fully briefed.

We do have prices for live-in care on a temporary basis from three days and up. As a company, we are very upfront about our charges and pride ourselves on making them clear from the start to each of our customers. If you’d like to discuss this further, please do contact me directly by emailing caroline.redman@helpinghands.co.uk

With best wishes,

Caroline
Head of Customer Service

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

My father has had live in care for the last 3+ years provided by Helping Hands. The Carers are very well trained and professional and they are all so kind and deliver excellent levels of care -enabling him to live happily in his own home. It’s everything that home care should be and they work hard to ensure he is safe and very well cared for.
The area manager pops in frequently to check on the Carers and always ensures that they are meeting my fathers needs and receive training and she always checks we are happy with the service.
We have also recently had input from their nurse lead who helped us with a successful Continuing Healthcare assessment - ensuring the care plan and documentation reflected everything the Carers do to help.
Having had experience of several care agencies and nursing homes I rate Helping Hands as one of the best agencies for home care and a great option for those who want to remain in their own home.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 04 July 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 16 July 2018

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback about the live-in care and support we've been providing to your father for the last three years. We are delighted to hear how much of a difference this has made to you as a family, and especially the additional support and checks from our area manager to ensure you are happy with everything.

It's also great to hear how our clinical team was able to support you recently with your successful CHC assessment.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and recommendation. We'll share this with the rest of the team - they will be very pleased to hear how happy you are with our services.

With warmest wishes,

V H gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic live-in care

Helping Hands provided live-in care for my mother for over 10 years. Mum died in early July at the fantastic age of 101, and we were so grateful for the excellent support that Helping Hands provided. It enabled us to keep Mum safe in her own home right until the end.

They provided some excellent carers over the years. One stayed with Mum for about 7 years (which is unusual) and they had a very good relationship. Then after that we were fortunate to have two carers who between them organised their time so that one would always cover for the other's holidays. This was invaluable - as Mum became more frail, the fact that she knew both carers well was hugely reassuring. Both women were extremely loving and caring towards Mum - I don’t think we could have had better carers.

Mum was able to live as she had always wanted - in her own home, with all her things around her, loved and cared for by amazing people.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 August 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 20 August 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for taking the time to share your feedback, especially during what must be such a difficult time for your family. On behalf of the whole team here, it was a real pleasure to support your Mum so she could live safely and comfortably at home. The carers will be delighted to hear how much of a difference they made to her and to the rest of your family - it's the whole reason that we do what we do each day.

With warmest wishes,

Caroline Cannon
Live-in Care Manager

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 1 stars

Most carers good , managers awful

My mother has had several visits a day from helping hands for a while now

The carers are mainly very nice , though they do spend most of the time sitting down whilst my mother chats to them , they offer her drinks and make her a sandwich or a variety of food.

They tend to write long , largely superfluous notes , instead of short accurate succinct accounts of the visit.

They have not updated my mother's care plan, they have not been walking with her and helping her to maintain independence, mainly sit down with her.

Apparently the carers have 3 days training, they seem to have little understanding of fluid balance, hydration etc

The management is not good, difficult, not flexible and unwilling to change my mother's hours to reflect her care needs , managers did not listen or respond effectively , have their own agenda which is essentially cost driven, I believe, it's a shame

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 16 August 2018

Hello,

We really are concerned to read your review and would very much like the opportunity to investigate this properly as it is not reflective of the care and support that is provided in the rest of the company.

Would you mind emailing me directly with details of the branch that you deal with and your mother’s name so we can follow this up immediately?

I look forward to hearing from you – my email address is victoria.greenwood@helpinghands.co.uk

Best wishes,

Carole Stokes gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Clinical Team given me stability at home

I was in hospital and no hope of going home without a care package to enable me to live with my son and my dog.
Everything has been going so well and I am so pleased with all of my carers and with the way I am being managed and supported by a member of staff and her team of clincal nurses and carers.
Just has my chc review and it's the first time they have been happy with my care at home for years

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 27 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your review! Enabling independent living is exactly what we strive for here at Helping Hands, and we're delighted to hear about the high standard of support you've received from our clinical team and carers so you could return home from hospital, especially when you'd given up hope. To hear that it's the first time that the CHC has been happy with your care for years is a real testament to our team's expertise and attention to detail.

We'll pass your feedback to everyone involved. Thank you again for sharing, and do let us know if there's ever anything more we can do to help.

Warmest wishes,

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care.

Overnight stay and full days care. All very satisfactory.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 05 June 2018

Thanks for your sharing your feedback and personal recommendation! We're pleased to hear that you've been satisfied with our services.

Chris gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Helping Hands Care for 89 year old Father

Helping Hands provide excellent care services for my father who suffers from Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia. Staff are always friendly and attentive when dealing with my father, and are able to professionally deal with any situation they may encounter on care visits. Helping Hands are genuinely willing to go the extra mile to ensure my dad’s care needs are fully met.

I know from my own experiences that the staff at Helping Hands do genuinely care about my father and will often make suggestions as to how dad’s care and well being can be improved.

The daily records they keep are comprehensive, fully updated and are written in plain English and ensures that carers and family are fully briefed regarding Dad’s past history and recent up to date condition.

I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Helping Hands to anyone who wants to provide family members with the care package they deserve.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 May 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 04 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback about how we're supporting your father. It's great to hear how our carers are offering such a professional service and about the genuine care and support they're providing - this is certainly what good care is all about. It's a pleasure to be supporting your family, and thanks again for your recommendation.

Support and Care when needed

My husband had a stroke in September 2016. Since his return home in November 2016 I have been his constant 24/7 carer, apart from the initial couple of weeks where he received a twice daily visit from local carers. I have been happy to care for my husbands every need as I married him for better or worse. This year will be our 42nd wedding anniversary. Sadly my mum passed away in April 18 and the funeral took place in May 18. I went into panic mode, worrying about how I could take my husband on the long journey from Wales to Kent, I was worried and anxious about the emotional impact on him. Then it dawned on me I could not take him with me, I could not cope with burying my mum and caring for Rob at the same time. I was distraught and did not know where to turn. By chance after browsing the web I came across the 'Helping Hands' organisation and promptly gave them a ring. I was immediately put at my ease and knew that the person I spoke to really understood my situation and more importantly reassured me how they could help. All of the questions were asked in such a kind and understanding way. Robs carer arrived the afternoon before I was due to leave early the following morning. She was lovely, kind, professional, supportive and most of all immediately built up a rapport with Rob. Whilst I was absent she kept in touch and I felt calm and reassured that Rob was being well cared for both physically and mentally. I would recommend Helping Hands Home Care.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 31 May 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 31 May 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your personal story and insight into arranging care with Helping Hands. We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback and are so glad to hear that we could step in to provide the support and peace of mind that was needed. We'll certainly pass your kind words and appreciation to the team that was involved. We're always here if you ever need some extra support again.

Rachel M gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Professional and Caring Service

Helping Hands is a well run company and the management team do everything possible to meet the needs of their client. The carers are punctual, polite and professional. From trips out to attend appointments to the finer detail of personal care and keeping someone company.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 02 May 2018

Hello Rachel, thanks so much for your fantastic feedback. It's great to hear how pleased you are with the professionalism of our carers and how our team is meeting the needs of the client overall. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 4 stars

New client Early impressions of delivery of care.

Barely 2 months since care started. All the carers have been polite and show that they care.I am grateful that they are mature and they do not rush the patient, this is very important. Most of them are very careful and attentive to how the family care for the patient and try to do the same. They are all good at putting family at ease when they are involved with care and they do not seem to mind family"interfering" but appreciate the input.

There is a difficulty in that the patients ability and condition to move and talk varies quite a bit. This is why it is important that the same team care for him to achieve the consistency needed and to be able understand patients speech and the needs he is trying to communicate.As the conditions progress this is becoming increasingly important and if sufficient rapport and communications signals have developed within the patient carer system this will enable the inevitable frustration on both sides to be reduced.

When staff were on holiday and it looked like patient would be visited by 3-4 new carers in 1 week,I contacted Helping Hands and the number of new carers was reduced. I very much appreciated that when I made the request this was acted on immediately.

The staff are getting to know Patient and individually they each tend to offer something different but particular to him.e.g. combing his mustache, and identifying songs, one is very gentle and careful. Each needs to develop their own relationship with patient. One is good with Patient's wife and appreciates the family situation.

When the patient has had difficulties e.g. changes in his movement and ability, changes in mood and skin eruptions the main carer in particular has noted this, expressed concern when there was quite a mood change and appropriately sought out the family so that she "got it right"
There is only 1 carer who " fusses" and has not fully latched on, who tends to want to do it their own way, the patient can be irritated by this. The carer means to be very caring.

Up to now Helping Hands has been the most consistent, competent, mature and caring agency that we have experienced. I hope this can continue.

THE PATIENT RATES THE CARE AS GOOD.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 29 April 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your first impressions of care with us. We're so pleased to hear how attentive and responsive our team has been, and we look forward to it continuing in this way. Please do let us know if there's anything more we can do. With best wishes.