Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office

01789 443234 Helping Hands House, 10 Tything Road West, Kinwarton , Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 5EP

Based on 62 ratings for this care provider

Based on 62 ratings for this care provider

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care.

Overnight stay and full days care. All very satisfactory.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 05 June 2018

Thanks for your sharing your feedback and personal recommendation! We're pleased to hear that you've been satisfied with our services.

Support and Care when needed

My husband had a stroke in September 2016. Since his return home in November 2016 I have been his constant 24/7 carer, apart from the initial couple of weeks where he received a twice daily visit from local carers. I have been happy to care for my husbands every need as I married him for better or worse. This year will be our 42nd wedding anniversary. Sadly my mum passed away in April 18 and the funeral took place in May 18. I went into panic mode, worrying about how I could take my husband on the long journey from Wales to Kent, I was worried and anxious about the emotional impact on him. Then it dawned on me I could not take him with me, I could not cope with burying my mum and caring for Rob at the same time. I was distraught and did not know where to turn. By chance after browsing the web I came across the 'Helping Hands' organisation and promptly gave them a ring. I was immediately put at my ease and knew that the person I spoke to really understood my situation and more importantly reassured me how they could help. All of the questions were asked in such a kind and understanding way. Robs carer arrived the afternoon before I was due to leave early the following morning. She was lovely, kind, professional, supportive and most of all immediately built up a rapport with Rob. Whilst I was absent she kept in touch and I felt calm and reassured that Rob was being well cared for both physically and mentally. I would recommend Helping Hands Home Care.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 31 May 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 31 May 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your personal story and insight into arranging care with Helping Hands. We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback and are so glad to hear that we could step in to provide the support and peace of mind that was needed. We'll certainly pass your kind words and appreciation to the team that was involved. We're always here if you ever need some extra support again.

Chris gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Helping Hands Care for 89 year old Father

Helping Hands provide excellent care services for my father who suffers from Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia. Staff are always friendly and attentive when dealing with my father, and are able to professionally deal with any situation they may encounter on care visits. Helping Hands are genuinely willing to go the extra mile to ensure my dad’s care needs are fully met.

I know from my own experiences that the staff at Helping Hands do genuinely care about my father and will often make suggestions as to how dad’s care and well being can be improved.

The daily records they keep are comprehensive, fully updated and are written in plain English and ensures that carers and family are fully briefed regarding Dad’s past history and recent up to date condition.

I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Helping Hands to anyone who wants to provide family members with the care package they deserve.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 May 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 04 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback about how we're supporting your father. It's great to hear how our carers are offering such a professional service and about the genuine care and support they're providing - this is certainly what good care is all about. It's a pleasure to be supporting your family, and thanks again for your recommendation.

Rachel M gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Professional and Caring Service

Helping Hands is a well run company and the management team do everything possible to meet the needs of their client. The carers are punctual, polite and professional. From trips out to attend appointments to the finer detail of personal care and keeping someone company.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 02 May 2018

Hello Rachel, thanks so much for your fantastic feedback. It's great to hear how pleased you are with the professionalism of our carers and how our team is meeting the needs of the client overall. Thanks for sharing!

Care of my mother

Helping Hands carers spend time talking to my mother as well as doing the practical things. The log sheets are comprehensively filled in each time.
As my mother has memory difficulties I think it would help her to have the same carer or very few carers so they would get to know her and would know her needs.
We are happy that she is well cared for and treated with respect and consideration.
Communication with the manager is easy and very helpful.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 05 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your recommendation! We're pleased to hear how respectful and considerate our carers are and that they're keeping such a comprehensive log of their daily tasks. We do understand how important continuity of care is, and especially for someone with memory difficulties. While sometimes for reasons out of our control, such as sickness, another carer in our team will need to attend, we’re concerned if this is happening on a regular basis. Please do speak with your Branch Manager to raise any concerns, or you can send more details to us at marketing@helpinghands.co.uk and we will look into this for you.

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 3 stars

Great carers, dreadful organisation

The majority of carers are outstanding and go the extra mile. The organisation of care is awful though and my experience is that they're not organised as a company to provide what they say they will. Although they do try to send a regular carer this has become increasingly less reliable as rotas are consistently wrong so either the carer has changed and you're not told or they come at a different time. Communication is really bad so even multiple messages don't warrant a response. Social services response is that these are issues typical of care companies but that's hardly a commendation for a person centred industry that apparently is there to help promote independence. If you're laid back as to times and carer they might be a good company to consider but if you like consistency and to have your wishes respected and be kept informed, look elsewhere!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 20 February 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 21 February 2018

Hello,

We’re truly sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me reassure you that this does not reflect the usual high standards here at Helping Hands.

We’re very keen to find out more about your experience so we can investigate and ensure any necessary improvements can be made. Would you mind sending some more information to marketing@helpinghands.co.uk so we can look into this matter for you?

Victoria

Care for my mum

Carers are very friendly & the manager communicates well most of the time. We have had more changes of carers than l would like but hopefully this will settle down. Mum really likes her main carer. She’s very organised, caring, understanding & patient. Thank you for all that you do for Mum .

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 26 April 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 27 April 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the care and support we're providing to your Mum. We're sorry to hear that there have been a few changeovers in carers recently, although it's very good to hear that your Mum is pleased with the support from her main carer. We really do value your feedback, and if there's anything more we can do to ease this process or improve our service, please do email me at victoria.greenwood@helpinghands.co.uk

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 4 stars

New client Early impressions of delivery of care.

Barely 2 months since care started. All the carers have been polite and show that they care.I am grateful that they are mature and they do not rush the patient, this is very important. Most of them are very careful and attentive to how the family care for the patient and try to do the same. They are all good at putting family at ease when they are involved with care and they do not seem to mind family"interfering" but appreciate the input.

There is a difficulty in that the patients ability and condition to move and talk varies quite a bit. This is why it is important that the same team care for him to achieve the consistency needed and to be able understand patients speech and the needs he is trying to communicate.As the conditions progress this is becoming increasingly important and if sufficient rapport and communications signals have developed within the patient carer system this will enable the inevitable frustration on both sides to be reduced.

When staff were on holiday and it looked like patient would be visited by 3-4 new carers in 1 week,I contacted Helping Hands and the number of new carers was reduced. I very much appreciated that when I made the request this was acted on immediately.

The staff are getting to know Patient and individually they each tend to offer something different but particular to him.e.g. combing his mustache, and identifying songs, one is very gentle and careful. Each needs to develop their own relationship with patient. One is good with Patient's wife and appreciates the family situation.

When the patient has had difficulties e.g. changes in his movement and ability, changes in mood and skin eruptions the main carer in particular has noted this, expressed concern when there was quite a mood change and appropriately sought out the family so that she "got it right"
There is only 1 carer who " fusses" and has not fully latched on, who tends to want to do it their own way, the patient can be irritated by this. The carer means to be very caring.

Up to now Helping Hands has been the most consistent, competent, mature and caring agency that we have experienced. I hope this can continue.

THE PATIENT RATES THE CARE AS GOOD.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 29 April 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your first impressions of care with us. We're so pleased to hear how attentive and responsive our team has been, and we look forward to it continuing in this way. Please do let us know if there's anything more we can do. With best wishes.

Alastair Williams gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Helping Hands are a God Send

I receive care off Helping Hands and last year I tried different care companies and Helping Hands are miles above them! The nightmare stories I can tell are unbelievable! Some thing simple as asking me how I want my hours was asked but Helping Hands were the only company that gave me those hours. Other companies told lies to my Social worker which upset me a lot but there is no need for Helping Hands to lie!
Coming back to Helping Hands is a breath of fresh air with top quality carers who have impressed me so much I keep ringing up to compliment them, as for ringing up the office it is a real pleasure, they are so sweet to talk to, I haven’t had one single reason for complaining which has pleased my social worker. I really look forward to when the carers arrive and feel like they are friends popping around for a visit, I get very lonely on my own all the time so a massive thank you to Helping Hands!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 29 April 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 29 April 2018

We're so glad that you came back to us, Alastair! Thank you for sharing your experiences, and especially for sending such glowing reports back to the office about your carers - they'll be over the moon too! We look forward to continuing to support you.

Helping Hands are very supportive

I have to say that Helping Hands offer an excellent service. They have given us and my father such peace of mind. The staff are very friendly, positive and efficient. The office staff ensure everything runs smoothly. It has given us a chance to bring my Dad home from hospital and back to his own home. It gives us a great deal of reassurance. They get so much done and still manage to ensure my Dad's needs are met. If they have any concerns they raise them quickly. They keep excellent records and there is a strong effort to ensure the carers communicate with each other and follow through on tasks involving Dad's needs. From the moment we met the calm and thorough manager and with her determination that my Dad receive a service that suits him we have been in good hands.
He likes the carers and is reassured by their presence which is such a help to us all.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 25 April 2018

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 26 April 2018

Thank you for your fantastic feedback about the care and support we're providing to your dad, and especially so he could return home from hospital. It's lovely to hear how our team's friendly and positive attitude - and attention to detail - is making such a big difference to you and your family. It's a pleasure to be supporting you. Best wishes, Victoria