The Good Care Group

1. Review titled Wonderful care

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 January 2020

My experience of the Good Care Group is of having a full-time carer for my father who was receiving end of life care. Whilst this is never an easy time for families, I was really moved and touched by the sincerity and gentleness of the carers provided. They were very kind to my father, but also thoughtful and sensitive in their relationship with us. The carers were well supported by the Senior staff at the Good Care Group, who carried out the initial assessment. They then kept in contact with the Good Care Group who also spoke to us to make sure everything was OK. The carers were skilled nurses, but also guided us through the process of death and dying, supporting us in a way that we found helpful. I cannot imagine better carers exist than the ones we had for my Dad.

Visited October 2019

2. Review titled Excellent dementia care

by Colin Hope - Posted on 16 January 2020

My mother died at the end of 2016 and as my father was starting down the road of dementia I had to move in to the family home with my young family which was very disruptive for all concerned. Within a fortnight the Good Care Group had surveyed the house and sent a suitable carer to live with my Dad and care for him. This carer was so suitable he stayed for two and a half years and very competently adjusted his level of care as my father's condition deteriorated. This guy had a four weeks on two weeks off regime and while the guys who provide the two week cover were not as consistent we never had any problems. A couple of times the carers needed emergency cover due to bereavements and this was provided very quickly and efficiently . I built up a good rapport with the carer's supervisors and the office staff.

Visited October 2019

3. Review titled Good "in the Home" Care

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 November 2019

We used The Good Care Group (TGCG) this year (2019) to provide a series of 2 week blocks of care for my father. TGCG were very professional in their approach and very mindful of how difficult a task this is to get right. In the main the carers were well trained and very professional and I would have no hesitation recommending TGCG. It is as well to be very clear on what is required and what your expectations are before appointing a care company, and TGCG dealt with us very well, were very mindful of our requirements and delivered a very good service.

Visited February 2019

4. Review titled The Good Care Group - Live in Care

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 April 2018

Once again thank you for so much for all the kindness and TLC that you gave to Mum. We cannot express how much it has meant to us to be able to walk away and know that that Mum was left in such safe, loving hands and with someone we could trust and rely on.

5. Review titled One of the loveliest, kindest people I have ever met

by Beverly T - Posted on 26 April 2018

I cannot tell you what a difference the carer has made. As you can imagine, it was very stressful organising for R to go into a home, from social workers and doctors to the mental health team, but we did it. And we is the correct word. The carer is one of the loveliest, kindest people I have ever met. She very quietly and professionally just got on with the job in hand. When I was busy out at various meetings with banks, funeral directors etc I would come back to the house cleaned from top to bottom, washing done and lunch prepared. Having organised for R some years ago to go into a home for 2 weeks to give respite for my father, I dreaded her reaction because, on that occasion, she was furious. She shouted and screamed and it was just a horrible experience. However on the morning of her departure this time, the carer put on Rs favourite CD, went in to see her when the ambulance guys arrived and said we are going on an adventure today, theres two lovely young men downstairs too. R was delighted. They were even giggling coming down the stairs. A very different experience to that of some years previously. It was obviously a stressful and nervous experience for the carer too but this was well hidden from all concerned. Her sensitive nature knows exactly what to say and when. She is 100 percent professional, knows what she is doing and made a real impact on both R and my father, who was very undemonstrative. For my father to ask her back over the Christmas and New Year period is unheard of, but she obviously made a huge impact on him, having seen how good she was with R. I think she is a a little treasure and I sincerely hope she continues to work with The Good Care Group for many years to come. Thanks again for sending her my way, I really could not have done all that we have without her and would have been really overwhelmed.

6. Review titled Faultless care and attention

by Robin S C - Posted on 26 April 2018

My thanks to all at The Good Care Group for the faultless care and attention, and, indeed, love shown to my mother over what has been for all of us a difficult past year. The family can never adequately thank the girls for their untiring, selfless devotion to her every need. We are all so very grateful. You are all part of an excellent organisation. Long may you thrive to bring your wonderful service to those who are in need of it.

7. Review titled Faultless care and attention

by Robin S - Posted on 13 March 2018

Thank you all for the faultless care and attention, and, indeed, love shown to my Mother over what has been, for all of us, a difficult past year. The family can never adequately thank your Girls for their untiring and selfless devotion to her every need. We are all so very grateful. You are part of an excellent organisation. Long may you thrive to bring your wonderful service to those who are in need of it.

Visited March 2018

8. Review titled Quite simply superb

by Simon G - Posted on 28 February 2018

Joanna is, quite simply, superb. She has transformed my dad and lifted his spirits so much in the last few weeks. He is full of admiration for her and has said to me that she is "worth every penny" which, for a Scotsman, is saying a lot. I have nothing but positive things to say about Joanna - she is a brilliant ambassador for The Good Care Group and displays the perfect balance of professional care and human sensitivity that is so lacking in other care support services we have experienced. My dad loves her.

9. Review titled Wonderful caring attitude

by Anon - Posted on 28 February 2018

I cant stress too highly how impressed we have been about the service we have received and the wonderful caring attitude of everyone involved in looking after our mother and managing the process. I will miss her terribly of course but it is a huge comfort to me to know that she was so well looked after, right until her last moments, when I wasnt able to be with her. She always wanted to stay in her own home and The Good Care Group made that possible.

10. Review titled Professional, caring and understanding service

by Susie K - Posted on 28 February 2018

Thank you for such professional, caring and understanding service you have given us in the respite care for my father. J has been the most brilliant carer anyone could ask for. He is such a talented and patient carer, with exactly the right amount of authority, combined with the patience of a saint. His manner with my father adapts according to his frame of mind, which is unpredictable with advanced Alzheimer’s and his quick wit and kindness encourages J to react favourably to requests. J has also helped my mother who injured her leg and became more and more immobile while he has been with us. J will just do tasks without prompting and with such good grace and professionalism. I cannot recommend him to any future employer highly enough, they will be extremely lucky to have him. Please pass on our thanks to him and all concerned at the Good Care Company. I will be in touch when we need further care and thank you once again.