Wisteria Lodge

023 9259 8074 82 London Road, Horndean , Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO8 0BU

Based on 10 ratings for this care provider

Based on 10 ratings for this care provider

Andrew H reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Thoughtful, gentle and compassionate attention

I would like to express my thanks for the exemplary care that my mother was given during her time at Wisteria Lodge. The family cannot sufficiently express our heartfelt gratitude at the level of thoughtful, gentle and compassionate attention that the staff showed her during her final three weeks. My mother, like many of her generation, had a deep aversion about going into a home as she termed it, but from the moment of her arrival and settling in, because of the attitude of the staff and the quality of her accommodation, she never expressed the slightest concern at being where she was, to the point that when she she was told by the local doctor that she was too ill to go back to her bungalow, she said that if that was the case she was happy to stay where she was. This was of immense comfort to all of us, knowing that Mum ended her days in comfort and at rest and in peace in such first class surroundings. We would have no hesitation in recommending Wisteria Lodge if asked for suitable residential accommodation in the area.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 25 October 2018 using Most Recommended Care

Anonymous reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Thank you all for caring for Mum over the two years she spent with you. I know she didnt join in with people but she had a great rapport with all of the staff and adored Duke the dog. Thank you for always making us, her family, welcome at every visit. My older brother especially felt at home. Your care for her was wonderful and I am only sorry that she could not spend her final days at Wisteria. Long may your team want to give their care tot he elderly and inform that are no longer safe at home.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 August 2018 using Most Recommended Care

Kay reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Part of the family

My Nanna was very happy happy during her time with you and my family and I appreciate what you have done for her and felt part of the family when visiting her.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 August 2018 using Most Recommended Care

Rachel H reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Care and compassion shown by staff is exemplary

What stands out for me at Wisteria Lodge is the care and compassion of the staff towards residents and their families.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018 using Most Recommended Care

Laura, Jenny, Emily reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Wisteria Lodge Care Home

We as a family want to thank Wisteria Lodge for all the care and support given to Mum over the time she spent there. She became very attached to many of the staff and near the end, though very scared, knew they would be there to help her through it, alongside her family. It has been a tough time for us all, losing Dad only 4 years ago to Cancer and then having to watch Mum suffer for such a long time with her stroke etc but Wisteria Lodge have been so kind, communicating with us and Mum, popping in and out, saying goodbye when the carers had finished shifts, often even if they had not been upstairs. And of course keeping us fed with trays of tea and biscuits galore. It became quite a joke with some of my girls, the staff and the biscuit favourites. Please understand that Mum was very grateful for all you did to make her as comfortable as possible during her stay and if she had been able would have said it herself.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018 using Most Recommended Care

Ruby reviewed Wisteria Lodge

A dedicated group, hard working

Thank you for all you have done for me over the past 12 weeks. I have never before met such an integrated, dedicated group, hard working, always willing and helpful to those of us in your care. You do everything with a smile and share lots of laughter. I am very grateful to you all.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018 using Most Recommended Care

Cml reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Cannot fault the care and support

Cannot fault the care and support mum has received. All staff, without exception, are very caring and attentive. All visitors are made to feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble.
Mum is really happy in her new home and enjoys the activities and the food. Thank you to all at Wisteria for your care and support.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 15 January 2018 using Most Recommended Care

S.H.W. reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Wisteria Lodge Care Home

My family and I would like to thank Wisteria Lodge for the loving care and dignity you gave to M whilst he was in your care. I am so glad he spent the last few months of his life in your care. Special thanks to those that were with him at the end.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 August 2017 using Most Recommended Care

Rosie B reviewed Wisteria Lodge

Highest standard of care and dignity

The home is of the highest standard in care, care, dignity, menus, nursing, cleanliness and staff. It is of an exemplary standard.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017 using Most Recommended Care

Mike L reviewed Wisteria Lodge

End of life care

My wife came into the home for end of life care. She could not have received better care or more love during this difficult time. The managers, carers and nurses are clearly very skilled and have a wonderful positivity and caring nature to both residents and visitors. The Lodge has everything a resident would want, lovely carers and the feel of your own home.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017 using Most Recommended Care