Elizabeth Lodge Rest Home

1. Review titled Superb!

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 January 2020

If you are reading this review with a view for your loved one to be cared for, please be assured, if they move to Elizabeth Lodge, they will not find a more superior level of care and respect. I cannot fault this wonderful place my lovely Dad calls 'home'. This is the 2nd review I have provided for Elizabeth Lodge Care Home and the reason for completing the 2nd one is simple. Elizabeth Lodge has recently been rated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as 'Requires Improvement'. On hearing this, I cannot emphasise enough, how unfair this rating has made me feel. The areas that 'require improvement' are: 1) Recruitment process of new staff. It has been alleged that care homes in the same locality use the same procedure and they have been given a rating of 'Good'. Not consistent. 2) Sensory alarms are fitted and used at night for all residents and have hourly checks to ensure all is ok, primarily for their safety. I do not want the alarm on my father's room removed. He is not safe. Most residents in Elizabeth Lodge do not have the capacity to make that decision. It is my understanding that a majority of the families have consented to the use of alarms at night. 3) The service has been found to not be well-led. On reading the report, particularly on this area, I found it to be confusing and contradictory. In my opinion, and indeed other families I have spoken to since the rating was announced, the service is extremely well led. The care and responsive areas of the review have been rated good - in my opinion they couldn't be anything but. In fact they should be rated 'outstanding'. It is quite unbelievable that Elizabeth Lodge, indeed all homes that have been given a 'requires improvement' rating is not given the opportunity to have the rating reviews after a reasonable period of time.

Visited January 2020

Provided by Working Feedback

2. Review titled One big happy family

by Tracy H - Posted on 18 December 2018

You are made to feel so welcome. It is one big happy family, and nothing is too much trouble!

3. Review titled Faultless

by Bev H - Posted on 05 December 2018

My father became a resident at Elizabeth Lodge in September 2018. Due to the expert care he has received since being in his new home, he has improved considerably in his demeanor. He is happy, relaxed and contented. All staff are committed to the well being and safety of all residents and family members/visitors could not be made more welcome. The care team, all wonderful in their own right, could not ask for better leaders in Emma and Sam. In October my father was very poorly and it is only due to the staffs vigilance and the Managers persistence (Emma/Sam) that he is still with us today. The paramedics did not want to take him to A&E as he had only been at Elizabeth Lodge for a couple of weeks and they were insisting the staff hadnt had time to get to fully know him and his problem was more than likely due to him having Alzheimers. After much deliberation on the paramedics part and insistence on Emma and Sams part, my father was taken to hospital. He was subsequently diagnosed at the hospital with acute pancreatitis and was very, very poorly. To sum up, Elizabeth Lodge has the most caring, respectful, devoted team you could ever wish to have caring for your loved one. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am that Elizabeth Lodge had a room available for my lovely dad.

4. Review titled Elizabeth Lodge

by Anon - Posted on 19 December 2018

A very caring provider. I am happy with all services.

5. Review titled Elizabeth Lodge Rest Home

by Karen S - Posted on 28 November 2018

My mother has been in their care for 6 months and I am quite happy with the care she receives. I feel comfortable that I can call in at any time and everything will be under control. Mum seems happy.

Visited November 2018