Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

01332 623700 Trust Headquarters, Kingsway Hospital , Derby, Derbyshire, DE22 3LZ

Anonymous gave Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

did absoloutely nothing to help

After a complete breakdown of my mental health with sucidial thoughts and being a danger to both myself and others, i went to an emergency Gp appointment and being told the crisis team will call back the same day. Which never happened and i was basically given diazepam and told to leave. My parents have consistantly tried to get jn touch with someone that could offer help, but nobody seems the slightest bit interested unless i'm physically trying to harm myself in front of them. Useless service.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Caroline gave Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting advice

My partner has been suffering with mental health issues for a few years now. He has rang the crisis team on several occasions to ask for help. The staff there are absolutely disgusting, they have no compassion. They told him if he wants to end his life than they can't stop him and can't help him. Well, thanks for that brilliant advice. I'm the one who has to explain these things to my children. I'm shocked that they could say this to a suicidal person, he already thinks no one is there to help him and he is right on a professional level. Is that how they treat all of their patients. I would never recommend this service.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 September 2017

We are very sorry that you have had this experience when contacting the crisis team. When someone calls the crisis team we would expect any of our team to offer advice, care and support in a kind and compassionate manner. If we are unable to assist the person calling ourselves it would be our practice to offer advice as to where to access the most appropriate support and help. We are sorry that this was not the case for you and your family on this occasion.
If you would like us to look into this specific issue for you please contact our Patient Experience Team on 01332 623 751 or by e-mail : patientexperience@derbyshcft.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Mental health service? Really? What's the dhft motto?

I do not know where to start.. I cannot believe this is allowed to happen in 2017!
The mental health services in Derby are appalling and damn right dangerous!
The motto is "proud to be delivering compassionate care"! What a load of rubbish!

Crisis team- as a front line service and when people need support the most.. It seems it is run by nurses that have burnt out on the wards and have been with the trust for too long! That are uncaring, unwilling to listen and patronising.

Radbourne unit- understaffed, dirty, not secure at all, unqualified staff that don't care about patients or recovery!

Liason team- useless, waste of nhs money... Say no more!

Some of the things I seen and witnessed on the wards at the radbourne unit are shocking, staff swearing at patients, mocking patients, leaving patients in distress!
Even the staff stated they were unhappy in there jobs, especially the bank hcas..

I can't stress how much things need to change.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

talking mental health

I referred myself as suggested by my GP who said I needed CBT. I had a telephone assessment where the assessor said I needed counselling - I requested CBT - told no needed counselling. Despite being a health professional myself I felt this person must know what they were doing so agreed. Asked to be seen in Matlock or Bakewell as was advertised on the website and this would be more convenient for getting to from work - told no must be seen at or near GP surgery. 8 weeks later I get a phone call offering me an appointment at RELATE in Chesterfield - 7 miles from my home and GP. I was then told oh yes you can be seen in Matlock but will need to go to the bottom of the waiting list again. So I agreed to go to RELATE. This meant me having to take a large portion out of my working day but my boss was understanding and said I could go.
I attended the sessions and was surprised that the person I saw said amost nothing to me, no goals were set and no explanation of assessment or treatment process given. I talked they sat and looked at me and I felt worse after the session than when I went in. The assessment I filled in at each session was disregarded as was my admission of a suicide attempt.
With encouragement from my GP I phoned and requested CBT and explained counselling not working - told I needed to go back to discuss with counsellor but I could not face going again. They said they would at least need to discuss with counsellor. In desperation I called Dales Rural Counselling who listened to me and said to leave it with them they would sort it out. Then within and hour i got a call saying I would be contacted to start CBT in Matlock! So 6 months after my first contact I finally began CBT in the setting I requested.

My questions
1. Why was I given wrong information re venues
2. Why did assessor not listen when I explained my issues and why I needed CBT - I have had cancer and think they just heard that and made a snap decision.
3.How do you monitor the competencies of the 'counsellors' who you contract out to ?

Thankfully after 6 CBT sessions I am now improving.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Anonymous reviewed Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

appalling visit

where do I start? visited on 14th feb for an ultrasound. Staff on reception told us there was a 5-10 minute delay when I asked them (they didn't bother volunteering the information) - and it was almost an hour which is a very long time when you need a full bladder! No information or updates given to patients even though there was a technical fault we later learned so they could have kept us informed.
The ultrasound operator refused to speak other than to be rude - no welcome, no warning before cold gel applied and then pushed both breasts out of the way with no warning to push blue paper under them - and when I complained that I was recovering from a lumpectomy and the area was very sore, they snapped at me to do it myself then. Exam was painful and attitude of staff appalling. I have never experienced anything like this before.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 25 February 2017

Life changing help from Paediatrician

My autistic brother has been receiving care from the paediatrician for a number of years now. After attending a recent conference, the paediatrician came across a brand new drug to treat autism which they prescribed my brother. The new medication is working wonders and my brother's social interaction skills have improved enormously. Thanks so much!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you brother has shown improvements as you described. Your comments have been passed on to Area Service Manager for the Paediatric team. However, in order for us to ensure the right person receives this feedback it would be helpful if you could provide us with a name of the staff member concerned. To do this you can contact the Patient Experience Team by e-mailing patientexperience@derbyshcft.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01332 632751

Anonymous gave Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Acute Liaison Nurse (Learning Disabilities)

We are writing to you to let you know about a recent experience at Royal Derby Hospital. Our son needed surgery and this was a very anxious time for him and his family.

The Pre-op department notified the Acute Liaison Nurse (Learning Disabilities) of his appointment, we then spoke to this nurse and they already knew we were coming (which was great). We had met this nurse previously at an Amber Valley LD Partnership Board Coffee/Information morning.

I can't begin to tell you how great it was to have this nurse supporting us. They met us at the appointed time and immediately 'connected' with our son and was a constant re-assurance to him throughout his visit/tests at the Pre-op clinic.

A few days later, on the day of surgery, they met us on arrival and stayed with us until he went into surgery, supporting both him and his Mum, Dad and Sister.

Their reassurance was so helpful and their knowledge of how the different departments worked was invaluable. They were our point of contact and alerted us when he was in recovery and escorted us at every stage.

It is quite difficult to express just how much this all meant to us - absolutely super ! This nurse went 'the extra mile' throughout his hospitalisation and once he was home again, they rang to see if he was progressing well the next day.

Thank you all so much. This is a vital and invaluable service for the Learning Disabled community and their families - long may it continue.

Please pass on these comments to all concerned.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Crisis team useless

Having a mentally ill partner, who has been under the crisis team for ten days now I feel I need to write this review, I wish I could rate no stars it's that poor! The crisis team are not willing to do anything aside visiting the mentally ill person in a specific place, don't seem bothered if someone is close to committing suicide! The staff are all very unknowledgable apart from from one member. They never ask who they are talking to and just make assumptions. My advice is if you or a loved one are suffering mental health symptoms then do not use this team, they make things ten times worse, and 24.7 service yeh right, it only takes 10 minutes to answer the phone. A new name for this team should be 'deal with it yourself team' certainly no help whatsoever for a very suffering person. Disgusting!!!! Not worth paying these people to be there, a waste of NHS money and space within the hospital.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 January 2017

Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 February 2017

We are really sorry to hear that this has been your experience of the Crisis team. We would like the opportunity to look into this further and we request that you contact the Patient Experience Team by e-mail patientexperience@derbyshcft.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01332 623751 so that we can look into this for you.

Great care from Health Visitor

As a first time parent, I would like to day a huge thanks to the Health Visiting service for the information, advice and support they provided to my partner and I. The essential parenting skills they taught us are helping our daughter settle into her new home. I would recommend their help to every new parent. They really are a brilliant group of people and frankly we'd be lost without them!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that the support you have received from the Health Visiting team was helpful to you. Your comments have been passed on to the Area Service Manager for the Health Visiting team. However, in order for us to ensure the right person receives this feedback it would be helpful if you could provide us with a name of the staff member concerned. To do this you can contact the Patient Experience Team by e-mailing patientexperience@derbyshcft.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01332 632751

Anonymous gave Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Talking Mental Health Derbyshire was a waste of time!

I was referred to talking mental health derbyshire by my gp after being put on meds & still struggling through everyday after suffering parental narcissistic abuse all my life. I had to wait about twelve weeks and was offired a type of counselling if you can call it that. The therapist was flummoxed with my case as it probably isn't something they deal with every day but the 12 sessions were absolutely pointless and a waste of time petrol and hope!. All the therapist did was sit in a chair while I was meant to be telling them how bad I'm feeling. Got no feedback at all or any response that was of use other than go there and pour my heart out. It's quite obvious after alot of research that I am suffering from complex PTSD as do most abuse victims so this was ridiculous and I'm still on the pills and suffering!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 21 August 2017