South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01642 850 850 The James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road , Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS4 3BW

Anonymous gave South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Difficult situation made better

Last week by son age 12 went to see the GP for a personal matter, the GP said he needed an ultrasound.
5 days later we get a phone call to say could we bring him down at 640pm, we were pleased we were not going to have to wait and we arrived at the ultrasound department on time.
The care and attention was second to none. there were two people there(31st August) one an assistant and a ultrasonographer).

They treated my son with such kindness and made us both feel relaxed. This was a real ordeal for a 12 year old but the skill and ability of both members of staff reduced the trauma for us both.

I work in the NHS and manage a lot of people, I would be delighted if my staff behaved like this and I hope they get the message about our 5 star experience.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 September 2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story.
I am delighted that you have had such a positive experience with the Trust and it is always rewarding to hear stories of how our staff are delivering care and support to patients when they need it most.
I will happily pass your feedback on to the relevant department. If you would like me to pass this on to specific staff members I will need some further details as the information you have given here has been anonymised. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 028 2451 and I will be happy to help you further.
Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide us with feedback.
Chloe Holmes - Patient Experience Administration Assistant

Anne gave at South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

In patient stay

I was discharged today from ward 35. The service I received at James Cook from being admitted through A&E sent to Resus then HDU then to ward 35 was amazing. Every member of staff was a credit to their profession.
I can't thank you enough.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Jodie Brown gave South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Neonatal, what a unit!

I was admitted into hospital at 32 + 3 weeks pregnant and told I was to have my baby delivered within days. Every person involved in my care from my scans to the day my daughter was released home from the neonatal unit were absolutely fabulous. Every care was taken for me, to know why I wad admitted, why I was having to have my daughter delivered, everything. My daughter was delivered and the self and same care was taken of her. I owe my complete and utter gratitude to the maternity unit and especially the neonatal unit who made sure ny daughter had the very best start in life. Thankyou.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Dear Jodie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I hope you are recovering well.
I will happily pass your feedback on to the relevant departments, however if you would like me to pass it on to specific staff members I will need some further details as the information you have given here has been anonymised. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 0282451 and I will be happy to help you further.
Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide us with feedback.
Chloe Holmes - Patient Experience Administration Assistant

Anonymous gave South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Grommets and T Tube

Grandson in hospital today. T Tubes and grommets. All ran smoothly and to time. Staff attentive and caring. Can't fault any aspect.
Shame about the length of time it took to pay for car park. The queue was 15 people deep took 15 minutes to pay . Only one machine .

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 07 March 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 April 2017

Good afternoon

Thank you for your kind comments posted on the NHS Choices Website expressing satisfaction around the care and treatment afforded to your Grandson in the Trust’s ENT Department.

It is always pleasing to receive a compliment and I very much appreciate you taking the time to contact the Trust.

I will ensure your kind comments are passed to Senior Managers for the relevant area, so the members of staff concerned are made aware of the positive feedback received from you.

I was disappointed to hear, however, that you experienced problems with the pay machine in the hospital car park.

Please telephone PALS on 01642 854807 with information on the date, time and on which site this incident occurred and PALS can then pass a request on to staff who oversee the car park to investigate and provide you with a response about the particular problems causing delays on that day.

Thank you again for your post.

Margaret Robinson

Tel no: 01642 854807
Email: pals@stees.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

neuro surgery ward 24

My mams just had major brain surgery to remove some tumour . The surgeon was brilliant and as the op was only 50% chance of survival you can imagine how grateful we are.the hdu in ward 24 was brilliant. Bit concerned that the sanitary hand wash bottles as you enter ward were empty for three days though . Please do something about the tiny cupboard ph I mean day room it's shocking but thanks for all the care

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 22 November 2016

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 December 2016

Good afternoon

Thank you for your kind comments left on the NHS Choices Website expressing gratitude for the care and treatment recently afforded to your mother on Ward 24 at The James Cook University Hospital.

It is always pleasing to receive a message of thanks and I very much appreciate you taking the time to contact the Trust.

Please be assured that Senior Manager will also be made aware of your observations about the hand wash bottles and the Day Room. If you would like to receive feedback on these issues, please contact PALS on the number below.

It may interest you to know the trust welcomes nominations for the Trust’s annual ‘Nightingale Awards’ which, once a year, recognises the important contribution nurses and midwives make to patients and their families on a day-to-day basis. Forms to nominate nurses and midwives for a Nightingale Award are available from the Director of Nursing’s office on 01642 854344 or by emailing val.fothergill@stees.nhs.uk

For further information or if you wish to nominate staff for this award please visit online at www.southtees.nhs.uk/about/awards

Thank you again for your kind words.

Margaret Robinson
Middlesbrough
TS4 3BW

Tel no: 01642 850850, x53725
Email: margaret.robinson@stees.nhs.uk

Trevor Forster gave South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Operation Walnut - Prostate Cancer Followup

Had operation for prostate cancer at James Cook Hospital recently. Procedure went well and back at work two weeks later. Asked if I would like to take part in Operation Walnut which is intended to help following the operation. It consists of six two hour sessions with a small group of us being given advice from specialist nurses and others regarding living with and overcoming the after effects of surgery. First class information well presented by specialist who pulled no punches but with lots of advice and help. Well done South Tees Hospitals Trust. For the sake of all those who follow please keep Operation Walnut going.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 23 November 2015

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 December 2015

Good afternoon

Thank you for your feedback regarding the care and treatment you have received from The James Cook University Hospital. It is always pleasing to receive words of thanks and I very much appreciate you taking the time to contact us. I shall certainly forward your kind words to the staff involved, who, I am sure will be very pleased to read them.

I do hope you are recovering well

With best wishes