Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01536 492000 Kettering General Hospital, Rothwell Road , Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN16 8UZ

Paul Morgan-wright gave Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My visit to KGH due to an asthma attack.

I just wanted to post a positive reaction to KGH. I suffered a asthma attack last night and the paramedics were amazing and very caring. It's thanks to their actions that they prevented me from needing a ventilator.
When we arrived at KGH the caring treatment continued and they got me breathing properly again and lowered my heart rate and blood pressure. The Doctor gave me so much attention and advice on new medicine I could try. The care I received shows that we should be proud of our hospital staff. Three nebulisers, Adrenaline and steroids later and I'm ready for a marathon (not quite).

Thank you to all the Staff and Paramedics at KGH ❤️

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 August 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 August 2017

Dear Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback, I am pleased to hear that you are feeling better. I will be sure to feed this back to the team and also with our Paramedic colleagues.

James Allan
Patient Experience Manager.

Anonymous gave Dental domiciliary services at Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My Experience

i suffered a very fast heart beat , the Ambulance arrived within minutes and the Paramedics were amazing, I cannot praise them enough. the A n E were fantastic, then admitted to a ward they were so good efficient and I felt totally in safe hands. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, in which time all the staff were unbelievable friendly and efficient, I had a ICD device implanted and have since return to the outpatient clinic twice both times my treatment was wonderful, I have been into Kettering Hospital for tests before and have no complaints I would recommend anyone to go to Kettering, to know they will be taken care of.

I think the hospital has improved over the last 5 years as my husbands experience was not so good,

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are delighted that your experience of Kettering was so positive. We will ensure all staff have sight of your comments so they can continue to provide an outstanding service to all patients.

Lorrain Archer - Associate General Manager Cardiology

Anna Horn gave Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I would like to thank all A&E staff for the excellent treatment that I received when I visited a 6.30 pm on Wednesday 7th June 2017.
I was thoroughly checked out and all turned out to be well in the end.
From the ambulance crew to the staff member that gave me tea & a sandwich you were all so kind and caring.
Thank you all so much, you were all wonderful.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude on NHS Choices. We try very hard to make the patients experience a positive one and I find your feedback very reassuring. This will be shared with all the team.

Kindest Regards
Rebecca ?ED Lead Nurse

peter nasby gave Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

About the care i recived in A@E and CCU

On last monday night i was taken to resus at kgh with heart failure i was very poorly and i was taken to xray the whole deparment was very quite then i was taken to CCU where the care was first class . I cannot thank the Dr,s porters nurses enough the only thing wich i did not like was the food but i think that is a problem in all hospitals but again thank you for the kind staff

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to send this feedback, be assured all the A&E and CCU team will see this comment. You have clearly had a harrowing life experience and I’m pleased to read that our professional and dedicated team of NHS paramedics and Drs and Nurses have all helped you to make a good recovery .

Kindest Regards
Rebecca Norton ED Lead Nurse

Anonymous gave Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care on 2 occasions.

My daughter has recently been seen both as an outpatient in clinic and in and e for a seperate issue.
I was not familiar with this hospital but cannot praise enough the excellent advice and care she has recieved on both occassions.
Not to mention the amazing ambulance team that began her care from home ensuring a good hand over was given and that she was settled before they left her.
Thank you all.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 May 2017

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your daughters care at Kettering General Hospital. Positive feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to post your comment on NHS Choices.

Amies Burrows
Interim PALS Manager

Anonymous reviewed Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Disgusted !!!

After a misshap in a car in which my knee was twisted, I was referred to KGH. I was seen quite quick due to un-explained lump. E-rays, blood test, and MRI scans. Returned for results beginning of April, was told I had damaged my cartilage and needed surgery. By this time my knee was very unstable and walking stick required. On ringing to find out when this operation was going to be done, I was told in 11 months!!! This has forced me down the private route as a total of 14 months in pain is unacceptable!!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Never fails to impress

I have had major surgery, minor surgery, reconstruction/plastic surgery, not to mention a couple of broken bones and I have always been impressed with the treatment, follow-up appointments, and results of all. The consultants, surgeons, nurses, caterers, cleaning staff (and any other staff that I'm sorry I have not mentioned) have been polite, understanding and thorough in their work, as well as considerate to members of my family. Not only have they saved my life in the past, but reconstructed my body with amazing success. And so I would not only recommend Kettering General Hospital to anyone, but I would also like to say thank you, you are amazing.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words. It is always appreciated when time is taken to provide feedback. I am pleased to hear that the care and treatment you received was so positive at what sounds like such a difficult time.

I hope you are recovering well. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with staff.

Debbie gave at Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Breast Clinic - Treatment Centre

After finding a lump in my breast in August last year and subsequently being referred by my GP to the breast care unit, I cannot emphasise enough the extremely high level of care, compassion, empathy and professionalism I have experienced.
Following my initial appointment and tests I received my diagnosis within a few days. I was given information and options throughout my treatment and during the entire process, including four operations and many clinic visits, felt completely reassured.
I would like to say thank you to my consultant, the breast care nurses and the staff on Geddington ward who were informative, sensitive and supportive, and helped to make a difficult time very bearable, I simply could not have asked for more.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 14 February 2017

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team. Feedback is important to us as shows us what aspects of care can be improved upon but positive feedback is equally important as praises the good work we already do. Thank you again!

Annie Jasper
Breast CNS

Ian gave Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Neurology Department

My wife visited the Neurology department at Nene park yesterday. It was a long awaited appointment as my wife has been showing signs of MS since May/June 2016. Her first appointment was cancelled as the consultant was sick so as you can imagine we were very anxious about this appointment. We turned up and the LOCUM consultant advised us that she was definitely showing signs and referred my wife for yet another head MRI and an MRI on her lower spine. In the next breath my wife was discharged and told to wait for her results and then her GP could refer her again. I find this very disgusting as this condition which has yet not been diagnosed is taking a real toll on our lives. I cannot believe that she was discharged just because the department see her as a statistic. I am now going to complain at the highest level I can. Consultants claim to know how conditions can affect peoples lives. How can they? We live it everyday and receive such bad treatment from the experts that we are forced to rely on.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave at Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hysteroscopy

I had my hysteroscopy as a day case and found the anticipation of the surgery much worse than the actual event. On the day I was shown to the day room and shortly after was shown to my bed, I was then seen by the anaesthetist and the surgeon who clearly explained what would be happening. Even though I was having an operation which they carry out hundreds of times I didn't feel like I was on a production line, I was treated as an individual. The staff on the ward were all excellent, matron, nurse, and HCA staff were all very kind and professional, this really helped me to feel at ease. There was a mix up with the pharmacy which meant I had to return the following day, but this was not because of anything staff on the ward did wrong.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 25 August 2016

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 January 2017

It is with great pleasure that I respond to your comments on NHS Choices regarding the care you received while on Maple ward at Kettering Hospital.

We work very hard as a team to provide individualised care to all women we care for to ensure you have a positive experience which can at times be worrying.

We are really pleased to have achieved this for you and your comments will be shared with the team; it means a lot to them all to hear that their dedicated work is very much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time provide us with your feedback

Laura Chambers – Ward Matron