Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust

0161 624 0420 Trust Headquarters, North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Road, Crumpsall , Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 5RB

Gary Trinder gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great Care over five years of having Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have attended a specialist run Rheumatoid Arthritis outpatients clinic at Fairfield Hospital Bury over approximately five years. This small hospital operated by the Pennine Acute Trust is very well run and extremely clean, despite being an older hospital. The care and attention afforded by the specialist doctor and his support team have been first class. Great care and attention, with sufficient consultation time to feel you have got the best out of the appointment.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding the care, and communication during your time in the department, which has been shared with Fairfield Hospital’s senior management team. They are delighted to learn that the consistency of your care has remained to a high standard. All members of staff in the departments consistently strive to provide the best quality care they can, so we are pleased that your experience reflected this.

Anonymous reviewed Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust

Breast clinic and pre op unit

Fantastic experience of NHS at its best. Very detailed info explained in easy to understand manner. medical, nursing and admin staff so efficient and helpful even though the clinic is obviously very busy.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Breast Clinic; we value all comments, so it is pleasing to know that you were well looked after during your time with us. Your kind comments were warmly received by the outpatient staff.

Denis Denman gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

CT Scan visit

This morning I had an appointment for a CT scan at Rochdale Infirmary radiology department and what a pleasure it turned out to be. The receptionist was very helpful and efficient, when I was called for my appointment (spot on time ) I was greeted by a very pleasant member of staff who carefully explained the procedure and then carried the CT scan so efficiently. Thank you for the 1st class treatment today.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you for the posting; it’s pleasing to learn that our staff continue to provide excellent care and experience. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience; your comments will be passed to the staff.

Anonymous gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Good junior staff managed by a failed management.

I attended North Manchester at 09-00 . The receptionist said they were so sorry but the appointment and clinic that day did not exist. The receptionist also told me this 'Ghost Appointment ' fault had existed for over two years yet after numerous e-mails nothing had been done to fix the fault.

Pals then managed to get me a real appointment two weeks later . Had I listened to the telephone call I got three days before the appointment I would have gone to the wrong hospital.

I went to the right place , and after years of pain was offered a new option that may help. What the Consultant failed to tell me was that because of staff shortages it would be a four month wait for the six injections !

I had already complaint to the trust management. The Chair or other passed it off to their complaints staff who after two emails and one phone call have failed in a spectacular way. I have just sent this to the Ombudsman, perhaps they won't ignore them as they do the poor patients.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Thank you for the post; I was sorry to learn that you had such an unsatisfactory experience of our services, and that this had not been resolved to your satisfaction despite the involvement of our Patient Advice and Liaison Service. We will of course work with the Ombudsman’s office to address your continuing concerns.

Upset friend reviewed Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust

Inconvenienced

I found the ward clerk when answering the phone very rude, it's as if they have been inconvenienced by enquirys from friends of patients, when asking how they are.
Whilst I appreciate information is not given over the phone due to patient confidentiality, their manner is disgusting.
I suggest they go on a customer and communications update.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 02 June 2017

Thank you for the posting; I am sorry to learn of your unsatisfactory experience of the Trust, please accept my apology for the concern this had caused you.

I am unable to identify the area of concern from your message; if you would like to take this matter further please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at your earliest opportunity on telephone 0161 604 5897, or email: pals@pat.nhs.uk quoting that you had been advised to do so via NHS Choices, and they will do our best to address your concerns.

Anonymous gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Wolstenholme Care Unit

Very badly titled. Definitely not a care unit at all. My mother encountered bad care and indifference whilst an in patient on this so called care unit. She even told me that she overheard a patient telling a member of staff to stop pushing her.
She declined a meal one day and accepted an ice cream to which the nurse looked at me and said 'aren't they like children' , what a disgusting and disrespectful way to talk over a patient that understands everything. I did speak to PALS who assured me that one of the senior staff would speak to me, no chance, they don't possess a backbone or they just don't care.
If you are in the unfortunate position of a family member being admitted there think again.
The purpose of the unit is sound but they are just fooling the public as to their so called care of elderly vulnerable people.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 07 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your Mother’s experience; we value all comments.
I was disappointed to learn that your Mother’s had not found the care she received was to the standard she had expected and that they staff appear not to have responded to your concerns.

I hope I can assure you that the Trust takes such concerns seriously, and if the matter is still unresolved I would encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) again on telephone 0161 604 5897 or email: pals@pat.nhs.uk quoting that you had been advised to do so via NHS Choices, and they will do our best to address your concerns.

I will also share your post with the Matron responsible for the Unit

Andy gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Sad!

I am genuinely looking to move house so I am in an area not covered by the Pennine Trust. I cannot stress how disappointing and upsetting my recent experiences of North Manchester General has been. Consultants that breeze in and talk about a relative; Call them repeatedly by the wrong name and give you details of ailments that they do not have. Simple communication errors. Telling you that a relative is not responding (when that relative is deaf) is incredibly poor in this modern era and unacceptable. This has happend on the same ward more than once so the communication failures are applicable not just when patients have transferred from ward to ward but on day to day handovers.

There are little gems, some staff take responsibility and actually show an interest and are incredibly proactive but it appears that these shining lights are being dimmed by the larger organisation.

Who knows it may get better - but the attitude and structure needs to change quickly for this to become the hospital it once was.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 April 2017

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 10 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments; I was sorry to learn that you and your relative have had such an unsatisfactory experience at North Manchester General, and the way it has left you feeling. I hope I can assure you that the Trust takes concerns such as yours seriously. I would encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on telephone 0161 604 5897 so we can discuss and address the matters expressed in your posting.

Anonymous gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Oldham A&E Visit

Visited A&E last night - waiting time was 2.5 hrs. due to chest pain sent straight through for ECG & Obs - they did the ECG so all ok, given painkillers and told to wait in waiting area - waited 2 hrs, then seen by doctor and sent for X-Ray. X-Ray took 10 mins and then came back.

Waited 45 mins and then asked about the results and from their response realised they had forgotten about me - had the the doctor come to me in waiting area and give me the ok.

Who "owns" the patient to ensure they are not forgotten about ?

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

Sandra Winkley gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery Fairfield Hospital

I attended day surgery at Fairfield Hospital 7th January for a simple diagnostic procedure. The care treatment and attitude of all the staff was a credit to them all. I am a retired nurse and therefore can be rather 'choosy'! Thanks to everyone, I would attend again if need be and would have no fears in recommending the department to others. So much negative comment is heard about the NHS in general and not always justified so I wanted to say a very big thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 January 2017

Tony turner gave Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Well looked after

Been in A+E a few times this year. I have severe c.o.p.d. i am always well cared for. The staff are brilliant and very very caring. From ambulance people down to cleaners good caring thoughtful staff. Cant thank them enough. Always explain what/why they are doing to me. Once again very well done. Caring and very professional.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016