Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC)

01306 735459 DHC Dorking Hospital Outpatient Department, Off St Paul's Road West, Horsham Road , Dorking, Surrey, RH4 2AA

Rosemary Franklin gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

C B T .

I found the sessions very helpful in helping me with my anxiety and panic attacks.The member of staff I saw was very professional in his approach and understanding of the physical symptoms i was experiencing.Thank you N H S for such a wonderful promp service I would definitely recommend this service x

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Anonymous gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

Following referral by G.P. for insomnia.

Once I had identified the reason for my insomnia, which had been on-going for a number of months, I made excellent progress with the member of staff. Now I am sleeping an average of six hours a night, which is a very successful outcome.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 16 July 2018

A great service

Thank you so much for the improvement CBT sessions has made to my life. My therapist helped me face some of my fears and has been a great first step to get my OCD under control.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 14 April 2018

karen steele gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

Help at last

I have recently had six sessions for problems I've had for many years. I have tried counselling many times - the speed in which I was able to have my first appointment was great.
I can't say much except it has been the first breakthrough I've had in all these years of trying to come through. I can't name the wonderful person who I saw, only praise her to the skies. Thank you.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Anonymous gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

A big step in the right direction

I received four sessions of CBT in January and February 2018 as a result of severe work stress. I found the sessions extremely helpful in giving me a better sense of perspective. Although I continue to feel stress at work, I feel better equipped to find practical solutions to problems than before. I am very grateful to DHC for their assistance.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 01 April 2018

Recent Help at a Difficult Time

The NHS often gets a very bad press but I want to phrase the excellent services of the DHC team - the service they provide is second to none in that they are impartial and therefore what they hear is judged solely on their training and empathy with people. I know my problems were judged as “mild” but I still received the same degree of help - by agreement I was discharged a week early but those few sessions helped me so much - thank you to everyone.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 19 December 2017

Valerie Foard gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

CBT for anxiety & depression

I attended 12 sessions of CBT for anxiety/depression.
I have had the above since I was 10 years old and I am now 75.
I was lucky I found a wonderful therapist who taught me how to cope with all my issues through CBT. This has made a great difference and I regret not getting this help earlier.
I am very grateful for the help I have received.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 April 2018

Jonny gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

CBT

I had medium to high levels of anxiety and the CBT with DHC Talking Therapies has definitely helped me. My anxiety has lowered mainly because of my lower workload, but this is liable to increase again and i think the CBT has helped me prepare myself better for this. I was extremely impressed how quickly the initial referral was made and the set-up call came soon on the back of this. This was far better than I expected and it seems hugely important to me: I had very high levels of anxiety when I approached my GP; to be able to contact DHC the SAME DAY to set up an initial assessment call a week or two later was excellent. That alone confirmed to me that I was right to seek help - which felt like a very big decision - and gave me confidence I was in good hands. I understand mental health support has not been so readily available in the past so I applaud the funding of this service and I pray it continues.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 February 2018

Anonymous gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

Helpful support for managing anxiety

I recently completed a 4 week course of CBT for my work based anxiety. My therapist was helpful, supportive and compassionate, with a wealth of knowledge and experience to help me to find ways through my anxiety to better manage it, which has then benefited other areas of my life. Much recommended. The admin team were also very supportive in helping find dates/times that suited me.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Valerie Foard gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

CBT for anxiety & depression

I found my three sessions of CBT very helpful.

I have put into practice the advice given to me and the added literature was very reassuring and comforting and has helped me a great deal.

I am very grateful for the excellent help and advice given to me.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017