Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC)

01306 735459 DHC Dorking Hospital Outpatient Department, Off St Paul's Road West, Horsham Road , Dorking, Surrey, RH4 2AA

Anna Szilagyi gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

CBT at Redhill

I attended 14 sessions for my anxiety and can honestly say it has been life changing. Setting up the sessions was easy and the staff over the phone and in person were very helpful. Over the weeks we set short term and long term goals. I was astonished that after 3 weeks my short term goal (driving without fear of an accident/dying) was achieved. We also tackled some general social anxiety and fears that I wasn't even necessarily aware of. My therapist was very attentive, recognised that scientific reasoning is the best approach with me and she always managed to gently push me to find the source of my fears and anxieties. I learnt so much about myself and human behaviour over these sessions and this has resulted in me becoming better at processing my feelings and communicating them to friends and family (something I'd not done much before), and so my support system has become stronger. I can now also support my friends better who experience similar anxieties. I can only wish I had done this sooner, and I recommend this service to anyone who struggles wholeheartedly. Many thanks, Anna Szilagyi

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 10 April 2019

CBT for Anxiety and Depression

I cannot give enough thanks for how much the CBT sessions helped me dealing with my Anxiety and Depression. I had read many books on this, but for me, talking to someone that can guide us through our confusion and anxiety was just what I needed. My therapist was really wonderful and I felt very at ease with her. Thank you so very much for this treatment being available to us.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 07 April 2019

Counselling Following Breavement

I was at a very low ebb when I was referred to this service about a year after my son, a few months short of his 40th birthday died at my home in a tragic accident. I had retired from full time work about six months previously, finding myself unable to cope with his loss, and unable even a year after his death to cope with many everyday demands. Counselling rather than CBT was suggested as the background to his death and my own history were both quite complex. The six sessions of counselling I received were incredibly helpful, allowing me to explore a range of issues relating to previous losses and begin to find a way forward and out of the quagmire in which I found myself. Nothing nothing can bring my son, and only child back, but I do now feel that I have regained my sense of self worth and have rediscovered my sense of who I am. I have, at 73, more of a way forward than I have had for most of the last fifteen or so months.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 08 April 2019

Lynn Craig gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

Help with Anxiety.

I have had many counselling sessions. One random trip to the doctor about something totally, seemingly disconnected from anxiety, and I was on the way to receive HELP. The initial connection with DHC was fast and I was impressed. They were, initially extremely speedy but of course it does take time - and they warn you that to be flexible was/is advantageous. Not. longer after my initial interest I was given a venue and a start date. I have finished now and can honestly say that the Counselling truly helped me. I feel a different person! Thank You! You know who you are! Lynn Craig, Weybridge.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 12 April 2019

Valerie Foard. gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

CBT for anxiety & depression

I attended a number of sessions of CBT to help me with my anxiety and depression.

I have found the CBT to be extremely helpful and would go as far as to say that it has changed my life.

The Counsellor I saw was very accomplished with a great deal of knowledge and experience and enabled me to conquer my inability to cope with everyday life, in fact I feel that without the support of this Counsellor I would not have achieved control of my anxiety and depression

In summary for me this has been a life changing experience for which I am eternally grateful.

Valerie Foard

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 01 March 2019

Paul gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

Review of CBT therapy

NHS at its best! At the tender age of 72 I learnt that my austere upbringing and life experiences had contributed to my negative feelings and low self esteem. Hopefully I can now challenge these feelings and develop a more positive attitude.I now realise that most peoples life is not perfect

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 05 March 2019

SJB gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

Coping with impeding death of sibling and travel anxiety

I can't thank the service enough for enabling me to cope with impeding tragedy. When all the circumstances I feared would happen actually happened I achieved my goal. I was able to function, not be anxiety ridden and drive safely to where I needed to be .

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 February 2019

Rosemary Franklin gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

C B T .

I found the sessions very helpful in helping me with my anxiety and panic attacks.The member of staff I saw was very professional in his approach and understanding of the physical symptoms i was experiencing.Thank you N H S for such a wonderful promp service I would definitely recommend this service x

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Anonymous gave Dorking Healthcare Limited (DHC) a rating of 5 stars

Following referral by G.P. for insomnia.

Once I had identified the reason for my insomnia, which had been on-going for a number of months, I made excellent progress with the member of staff. Now I am sleeping an average of six hours a night, which is a very successful outcome.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 16 July 2018

A great service

Thank you so much for the improvement CBT sessions has made to my life. My therapist helped me face some of my fears and has been a great first step to get my OCD under control.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 14 April 2018