Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

01942 244000 The Elms, Royal Albert Edward Infirmary, Wigan Lane , Wigan, Lancashire, WN1 2NN

Lesley gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

First class service..

Inthe last few weeks I have visited Wrightington Hospital and the Thomas Linacre Centre.
Wrightington for a follow up from a shoulder operation I had 16 months since.
I arrived in good time for my appointment and was seen promptly by the consultant, who was very polite, he listened attentively as I answered his questions.
I am pleased with the results of the surgery, and have full mobility.
I was back in my car within the thirty minute free car parking. Job well done!

My visit today was for an X-ray at the Thomas Linacre Centre. Again arrived in good time and seem to straight away.. also given two gowns to maintain dignity. (One to wear as a coat over the open backed one)
Very polite and friendly staff.
Again in and out within the free thirty minute parking.

Excellent service from both clinics.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 09 October 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 November 2018

Thank you for your kind comments in respect of your two visits to our Trust. One to Wrightington Hospital and the other to the Thomas Linacre Centre. It was pleasing to note that both visits were conducted with promptness and professionalism and I will ensure that this posting is shared accordingly. Kind regards

Barry Turner gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Kind caring nothing to much trouble fantastic

Managed to get to 69 before my first stay in hospital for a hip replacement as you can appreciate I was a little bit nervous but my fears were eased by the staff everybody from cleaning staff right through to the medical team may I take this opportunity to thank everyone at Wrightiington for the kindness you showed to myself during my stay Kind Regards Barry Turner

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 November 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at Wrightington Hospital for your total hip replacement. It is always appreciated when someone take the time to let us have their comments. I will ensure that this is forwarded to the Division of Specialist Services to share with the teams over on the Wrightington site. Kind regards

Mrs O gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My experience at wrightington hospital

From my first appointment to see the consultant to being discharged after my surgery I have had nothing but the best experience.Everyone from the clerical staff,nurses doctors,theatre staff and out patient staff have been wonderful.I have no hesitation in recommending this hospital to anyone needing orthopaedic treatment.When we were returning to our car after being discharged my husband even commented how impressed he was with my care!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 15 November 2018

Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Shocking

Shocking how I have been treated lack of information being given causing nothing but stress due to not being told anything make u want to move to a different country to get treated better. After being poked and prodded having every test they could think off and still won't give me no information having to wait 3 and a half months to be told nothing don't go here go to bOlton or st helens

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 November 2018

I was sorry to read your posting relating to this Trust and your treatment and care. If you would like to contact the Patient Relations Department with more details on 01942 822376, we would be happy to look at any concerns you have.

Pkennett gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

amazing treatment from the raid team

What an amazing team who showed real
Understanding and caring . Really felt I was being listened to and helped can’t thank them enough .

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 14 June 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 June 2018

Thank you for your posting, the RAID Team do not fall under the remit of Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust and are part of North West Boroughs Healthcare Foundation Trust. I will let them know that this has been posted. Kind regards.

Kerry gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Not enough appointments

This review in no way reflects the staff working within the department who have been professional and friendly at every appointment however the lack of available appointments is a joke leading to poor patient care and delay in treatment.
Please stop accepting new referrals when you obviously cannot manage your current patient list and provide effective treatment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 May 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding the lack of availability for appointments. If you would care to let the Patient Relations Team know on 01942 822376, which specialty you are referring to then it will be possible to look at this in more details. Kind regards

Anonymous gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My care in Orrell Ward

I would like to thank all who cared for me during my recent stay in Orrell Ward. I have had this procedure many times before and have always received the best of care. This particular visit was no exception. Wigan should be proud of its hospital and be grateful for the skills, professionalism and dedication of all members of staff. M Fox

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 18 January 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 January 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience following your attendance at Orrell Ward. We are very proud of our hospital and our staff and I will ensure that this posting is shared with all staff on the ward

K.kehoe gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Swinley ward

I was admitted to Wembley ward on 8th dec 2017 all the staff were great i was especially impressed with the way they cared for a couple of elderly patients that were quite poorly treating them with respect and dignity.thank you once again for looking after me.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 13 December 2017

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 December 2017

Thank you for your kind words following your admission to Swinley Ward here at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. I have passed this posting to the Division of Surgery so that it can be shared with the staff on the ward. May I take this opportunity to extend our best wishes to you following your hospital stay. Kind regards

Anonymous reviewed Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Attendance at the ambulatory assessment unit Wigan Hospital

My doctor sent me for a review due to a fast heart rate and from arrival through to the assessment to being offered a cup of tea, meeting with the doctors looking after me plus all of the nurses and ancillary team on duty they were all fantastic.

All of your staff are a credit to their profession and the hospital I have been in the hospital on a couple of occasions and found all of the teams to be fantastic and looked after me making my visit to a pleasant occurence.
Thank you for having a great team working at the hospital I would recommend the hospital to anyone.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 19 November 2017

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 November 2017

Thank you for your kind word following your visit to the Ambulatory Assessment Area. I will ensure that these are shared with the staff through their Governance Team. May I also extend our best wishes for your continued recovery.

Children's A&E

I attended a local walk in centre with my 1yr old child who had a 2cm blister on his foot which was a green colour with red and inflamed skin surrounding it. They advised me It was infected and would need an incision to drain it and a course of antibiotics and they were insistent I headed straight to a&e to get this done.
I waited 3hrs surrounded by vomiting children in the waiting room. My son was offered no pain relief in this time despite being clearly agitated. When a child was sick all over the floor in the waiting room they wiped it up with paper towels, no disinfectant used. I asked the nurse how much longer we would be waiting as it was midnight by this point and they said rudely that "there was no reason to be there, they wouldn't ever have brought their child to a&e for just a blister". I left went to bolton and they have dealt with it quickly and efficiently. By that time it was a 6cm area of swollen red skin where the infection was rapidly spreading. They drained the infection and put him on strong antibiotics. The staff were friendly and helpful, they treated me with compassion, professionalism and kindness. Unlike the staff at wigan who blatantly assumed I was a neurotic mum. Regardless of the fact it was a serious infection any concerned mum needs reassurance and support.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience following your attendance with your child. Please get in touch with the Patient Relations Team on 01942 822376 who will be in a positon to look into your concerns on a more formal basis.