Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

01942 244000 The Elms, Royal Albert Edward Infirmary, Wigan Lane , Wigan, Lancashire, WN1 2NN

Pkennett gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

amazing treatment from the raid team

What an amazing team who showed real
Understanding and caring . Really felt I was being listened to and helped can’t thank them enough .

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 14 June 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 June 2018

Thank you for your posting, the RAID Team do not fall under the remit of Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust and are part of North West Boroughs Healthcare Foundation Trust. I will let them know that this has been posted. Kind regards.

Kerry gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Not enough appointments

This review in no way reflects the staff working within the department who have been professional and friendly at every appointment however the lack of available appointments is a joke leading to poor patient care and delay in treatment.
Please stop accepting new referrals when you obviously cannot manage your current patient list and provide effective treatment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 May 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding the lack of availability for appointments. If you would care to let the Patient Relations Team know on 01942 822376, which specialty you are referring to then it will be possible to look at this in more details. Kind regards

Anonymous gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My care in Orrell Ward

I would like to thank all who cared for me during my recent stay in Orrell Ward. I have had this procedure many times before and have always received the best of care. This particular visit was no exception. Wigan should be proud of its hospital and be grateful for the skills, professionalism and dedication of all members of staff. M Fox

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 18 January 2018

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 January 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience following your attendance at Orrell Ward. We are very proud of our hospital and our staff and I will ensure that this posting is shared with all staff on the ward

K.kehoe gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Swinley ward

I was admitted to Wembley ward on 8th dec 2017 all the staff were great i was especially impressed with the way they cared for a couple of elderly patients that were quite poorly treating them with respect and dignity.thank you once again for looking after me.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 13 December 2017

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 December 2017

Thank you for your kind words following your admission to Swinley Ward here at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. I have passed this posting to the Division of Surgery so that it can be shared with the staff on the ward. May I take this opportunity to extend our best wishes to you following your hospital stay. Kind regards

Attendance at the ambulatory assessment unit Wigan Hospital

My doctor sent me for a review due to a fast heart rate and from arrival through to the assessment to being offered a cup of tea, meeting with the doctors looking after me plus all of the nurses and ancillary team on duty they were all fantastic.

All of your staff are a credit to their profession and the hospital I have been in the hospital on a couple of occasions and found all of the teams to be fantastic and looked after me making my visit to a pleasant occurence.
Thank you for having a great team working at the hospital I would recommend the hospital to anyone.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 19 November 2017

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 November 2017

Thank you for your kind word following your visit to the Ambulatory Assessment Area. I will ensure that these are shared with the staff through their Governance Team. May I also extend our best wishes for your continued recovery.

Anonymous gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Children's A&E

I attended a local walk in centre with my 1yr old child who had a 2cm blister on his foot which was a green colour with red and inflamed skin surrounding it. They advised me It was infected and would need an incision to drain it and a course of antibiotics and they were insistent I headed straight to a&e to get this done.
I waited 3hrs surrounded by vomiting children in the waiting room. My son was offered no pain relief in this time despite being clearly agitated. When a child was sick all over the floor in the waiting room they wiped it up with paper towels, no disinfectant used. I asked the nurse how much longer we would be waiting as it was midnight by this point and they said rudely that "there was no reason to be there, they wouldn't ever have brought their child to a&e for just a blister". I left went to bolton and they have dealt with it quickly and efficiently. By that time it was a 6cm area of swollen red skin where the infection was rapidly spreading. They drained the infection and put him on strong antibiotics. The staff were friendly and helpful, they treated me with compassion, professionalism and kindness. Unlike the staff at wigan who blatantly assumed I was a neurotic mum. Regardless of the fact it was a serious infection any concerned mum needs reassurance and support.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience following your attendance with your child. Please get in touch with the Patient Relations Team on 01942 822376 who will be in a positon to look into your concerns on a more formal basis.

people skills!

My mum was admitted to mau today and as I had an appointment myself at wrightington hospital I couldn't get there until late afternoon. I asked to speak with the staff nurse who was looking after her and when the nurse had finished doing what they were doing they came out to speak to me and I was greeted with no introduction from them, the nurse was very abrupt when I asked questions. I know nurses have a stressful job and are run off their feet at times but a little tact would be nice, my concerns were for my mum and I will not be spoken to like a child. I would be grateful if someone would contact me to discuss this further.
Many thanks.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

Susan Heighway, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for telling us about your experience. Please contact our Patient Relations Department so that we can discuss your concerns and provide you with feedback. Our contact number is 01942 822376 or email: patient.relations@wwl.nhs.uk

Deborah McGuire gave Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Treatment

I had to visit a cardiologist today at the Thomas Linacre Centre. I can only say that the appointment was a very positive experience. I was dreading going but the cardiologist took the time to explain answers to my questions and any worries I had. The service the cardiologist gave was nothing short of excellent. They were very friendly and approachable and made me feel much better. Thank you to the cardiologist and all their staff for making my visit less stressfull.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to the Thomas Linacre Centre for your cardiology appointment. Your posting will be shared with all staff; I am sure your kind words will be well received by the staff, who aim to provide the highest standard of care to our patients

Teruel Numancia reviewed Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Wigan Cancer Care unit

My husband has just successfully completed chemotherapy at Wigan CCU + has "rung the bell"! We felt we need to say a massive thank you to all of the team at the unit. Not just for their professionalism and expertise but for their positive and uplifting manner, which has made this whole experience so much easier to bear.
Every single member has a part to play in this team + they all do so to the best of their ability.
The NHS and Wigan cancer patients are very lucky to have such dedicated people providing care + advice at a very traumatic time!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Thank you for your posting; I will ensure your kind comments are shared with staff, who will be really pleased to hear you have had a positive patient experience, and outcome of your treatment. May I also pass on our best wishes to your husband, you and your family

Anonymous reviewed Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Excellent treatment but could have missed the appointment.

When will the Trust get round to changing the car parking meters ? We nearly missed my husbands appointment time because the meters in the car park on Leigh Infirmary do not take new £1 coins. We also noticed this on Thomas Linacre on a recent visit. The note on the meter said any security section could change the coins, but no indication of where the security was. Had my husband not gone off himself and left me to sort out the problem he would have been late, I had to ask a passing motorist for help. When I eventually caught up with my husband the waiting time and treatment were excellent. What a pity the visit was marred by this silly problem

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.