Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01925 635911 Warrington Hospital, Lovely Lane , Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 1QG

Keith Montrose gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Warrington A and E

On the 11/10/17 I visited A&E , I'd cut the top off my finger , the staff were brilliant , the nurse who treated me was compassionate , professional, caring and treated me really well . A credit to the NHS
Thank you , Keith Montrose.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback it is much appreciated.

Phil Burns gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Gamma Camera Department,

I accompanied my Granddaughter and my 5 year Old Great Grandson, for his NM Meckels Scan, today 18/10/2017, we were met by a lovely staff member who put us at ease with the procedure, their calm and friendly approach helped to make this a much more pleasant procedure than it would otherwise have been, their approach to the whole procedure can not be taught, they are gifted and an asset to the department, my little man was in the machine for the required 40 minutes, which would have been intolerable but for their calming manner, thank you for taking that extra stride in caring for this young patient and for taking the time to reassure nervous family members, you are a star.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated and has been shared with the team.

David Cornwell gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A&E Saturday Night

Had occasion to visit A&E after issues linked to a hiatus hernia I've been diagnosed with and cannot fault the service and care I received. Having checked in at 2221 hrs I was leaving at 0200 having had blood tests done and case reviewed by both the A&E doctor and also remotely by the gastric specialist who also happened to be on duty there that night. Despite the time etc and the miriad of other people and situations being handled there that night, I also felt as if my case was progressing in a reasonable time frame and I was kept up to date with what was going on.
One element which could be improved upon relates to the car parking options where you had to walk through the hospital back to the Main Entrance to find a payment machine and worse than this, make your way to the Croft Centre to find a working change machine? While the A&E staff work hard for their patients care, the Management need to make sure these other needed support elements are working.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 October 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. There is a payment machine outside A&E, we will check with our Parking Team to see if there was any issues with that machine.

Kay gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Care

My dad who has cancer and dementia was admitted to ward A1 on Friday.
The care and support he received was outstanding.
As I stayed with my dad overnight I viewed a team of dedicated professionals and was informed every step of the way what was happening to my father.
ThankYou to all staff on A1

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated.

Douglas Mitchell gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

My Knee Replacement Operation at Halton

I would just like to comment and praise the team at Halton for their care and attention during my stay for my operation at the beginning of August.
From the surgeon and their team in surgery right through to the cleaning staff they made my stay a pleasurable experience (particularly difficult to do ..as I was dreading the whole affair)
I would particularly like to thank the staff member in physiotherapy who prepared me in advance for the work I would have to do to regain the strength in my leg. They were well supported by the member of staff who guided me through the exercises and knee bends.
I would also like to praise the two senior nurses and their teams for all their help and attention.
Thank you too to the two cleaners, who were ever so full of happiness and laughter...a real tonic when one is feeling sorry for oneself!!
Lastly a special mention to the catering staff...Thank you for such lovely evening meals and soup at lunchtime...now if we could just manage a couple of boiled or scrambled eggs in the morning....that would be heaven.
I must also mention the post-operative Physiotherapy Team at Warrington Hospital who are currently doing a great job helping us with our exercises and any post-operative difficulties we are physically encountering.
A great team effort by everyone and greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated. We hope that you are recovering well.

Exhausted Mother gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Care and Treatment - like going private!

My student daughter had undergone emergency surgery at Leeds to repair a dislocated ankle and breaks in three places in her foot. While home and on crutches she fell and fractured her good foot and ended up at Warrington A&E. I cannot fault the care and treatment she received. She was amazed saying she couldn't believe this was the NHS! She was kept informed at all stages and advised roughly how long she would have to wait and what her home care/further appointments would be.

I know people are very quick to complain when they feel they've been let down by our NHS but frankly we all need to remember that this service is free and is being delivered by such committed professionals. Well done Warrington A&E for restoring a young sceptic's faith in our national treasure.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 26 June 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated and we hope that your daughter is making a full recovery.

Anonymous gave at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

5minute appointment, no review of notes, scan or any exam

Consultant called me in the room, said they just had a letter from GP, my medical research records, recent normal blood test and my normal ultrasound scan were not available. I was there to have coil fitted referred by GP.

After 2 minutes of taking down notes, still the consultant knew nothing about me at all. Was too busy asking me I did for my job, so not relevant. They then decided I needed a hysterscopy under general anaethetic even though they thought I was probably too young, responded to medication, scan was clear so unlikely to be uterine cancer. Told if I really wanted coil could do it at same time, but why not stay on the medication I had been on.

Nurse then entered the room, they had been out of room before this, put 2 leaflets on the desk and the consultant shoved them at me. Said I didn't want General anaesthetic, oh well you will be in an embarrassing position and it could hurt. No proper explanation, no examination of me, no analysis of my medical records,no examination of scan or blood test, no clear taking of notes and finished in a total of 5 minutes. I feel I was a tick in a box and no thought was put to whether this was the right option for me. How can anybody make a sound medical decision if they do not all the patient history or in fact any history at all.

Waited 2 months to get appointment, complete waste of nhs money and my time. Booked back in to see my GP, no way am I seeing that consultant again or setting foot in that particular department inWarrington or Halton NHS Foundation Trust.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 March 2017

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience, can you please contact our Patient Experience Team with more detail, so we can look in to this for you. Call 01925 662281 or email patient.experienceteam@whh.nhs.uk .

Anonymous gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Paediatric A&E

Thank you so much to all the medical and nursing staff who looked after our 1 year old daughter, Beatrix last night. She was given effective treatment enabling her to be discharged that same evening.
Everyone was lovely and explained what was happening really well. Beatrix herself seemed to really enjoy her visit to your department, she especially liked the smiley nurses, colouring, her teddy and everyone's colourful fob watches and colourful decor.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and we are pleased that Beatrix enjoyed her visit and hope she is feeling a lot better.

Terry gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Self discharged after 8 hours for my own safety.

Sent to acute care ward via doctor as a matter of urgency due to a nrevous system problen causing severe back and hip pain. I waited all day only to have the staff question my information about metal in my arm so I cannot have an MRI scan and send me for an X-Ray to prove the point. They did not do anything to diagnose my back, hips or nervous system even though I pleaded for a hip X-Ray while they X-Rayed my left arm. I repeatedly informed the doctor that I must return home to tend my disabled partner and was told to sign myself out after 6 hours waiting. I agreed to wait a further 2 hours but zero communication and inference my back pain was somehow involved with work/benefits. I work full time and already get disability, I was there for help I have been begging for since September. On Monday I am cancelling all existing appointments and my scheduled surgery as I am genuinely frightened what this hospital will do to me if they cant get the simple basics correct like communication with a patient.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 14 January 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 January 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us, if you can contact our Patient Experience Team on 01925 662281 or email: patient.experienceteam@whh.nhs.uk so that we can understand more about what has happened and assist you.

Glynis A gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Thumbs up NHS

I visited Warrington Hospital X-Ray Department Tuesday 31st January as
my 92 year old mum, and who has vascular dementia, required a chest X-Ray. I would like to acknowledge how courteous the staff were and in
particular, the radiographer, who treated my mum with the utmost kindness and respect. A credit to the department and this hospital.

Many thanks

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback it is much appreciated.