Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01925 635911 Warrington Hospital, Lovely Lane , Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 1QG

Anonymous gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Disappointing Care and Rude Staff

Having a elderly and sick relative is always distressing however when placed into the hands of the NHS's Care, you expect a level of dignity and decorum and the upmost priority should be that of the health of the patient... not at Warrington Hospital.

The overall hospital environment is fantastic, clean, looked after and the facilities are leading. However, the staff are rude, do not communicate, do not outline the care plans put in place and would rather leave an elderly gentlemen in pain beyond control for upto 1 hour instead of calling for a doctor as they are simply 'to busy' to bleep someone straight away.

After numerous visits to the hospital this year so far, every visit has turned out to be the same. Many of the staff here are pleasant and happy to help however ward management (Snr Nurse, Matron, Managers) are not interested in the care of patients. I have lists of numerous incidents that the trust will not take on board, and would rather cover up findings than apologise and admit failings of patients whilst in their care.

Whilst at this hospital, I have come across some of the rudest doctors and nurses in my life with when doctors response when asked for a moment of his time was 'What do you want?'. He became very sharp, rude and condescending and nurses ignoring a patient being sick in pain as they discussed private lives with colleges instead of dealing with matters at hand.

The likely hood of myself recommending this NHS Trust facility is: Unlikely
The likely hood of putting a patient into its care is: Unlikely

As much as there is good in this hospital, this is a lot of the time outweighed by the bad.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 16 December 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 January 2019

So very sorry to read this review and learn of the disappointing experience that you and your relative had at Warrington Hospital. We are really keen to learn more about this so we can investigate fully - this is an unacceptable level of care and not in-keeping with our Trust's values. Please could you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service as soon as you are able? PALS are patient/family advocates and are independent so you can be assured that your concerns will be fully dealt with and feedback provided to you. You can contact the team at: Telephone: direct line 01925 27 5512

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback meanwhile, I do hope we are able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

User1298745 gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service at Cardio respiratory service

I was referred for an ECG and Echo at this service at Warrington Hospital and had, frankly, a private-hospital level service. Barely time to open a magazine before I was called in. I was extremely anxious (about the possible outcome, not the tests) and I was put at ease, everything explained to me and the tests were over before I knew it. The results were with my GP by the time I went for my follow up visit, to learn that all was ok, The staff do an amazing job in what is a very old part of the hospital and in cramped quarters, but their attitude was calm and professional and they did their best with what little space they had.

Cannot fault this experience - thank you to all the team should be very proud.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 14 January 2019

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 January 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and very glad that you had a good experience (and that test results were ok). We will pass this on to our service, our staff are so pleased to hear from patients around their experiences. We know that this service badly needs a better environment as it is in the oldest part of our estate, this is being considered as part of our planning for a new hospital for Warrington.

Philip Reade gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient visit

was at mr stables clinic seen on time team are extremely good and caring giving useful information
Just hope my referral to the surgeon for partial knee replacement comes through quick as was expecting to be listed yesterday the 15 th after 3 month wait to see Mr Stables team

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 January 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your visit to our Orthopaedics Team and very glad to hear that you had a good experience.

If you do not hear soon about your planned procedure please could you contact our PALS team - they will look into the situation for you. You can contact them on: Telephone: direct line 01925 27 5512 Out of hours telephone: 01925 66 2281 (24 hour voicemail) Email: whh.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Disappointed in Ward A4 service

Was very disappointed in the care my relative received on this ward.
Meds not given on time
Lack of communication about what was happening or when meds were due.
Had to wait hours for staff to at end to removal of cannula or questions about treatment.
Despite asking several members of staff, each would say they would find out but never return to update or resolve.
There didn't appear to be any communication between staff or any organisation.
No dietary advice despite requests.
To be a patient is stressful enough but there's massive room for improvement on this ward.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 05 August 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 August 2018

Hello, we are sorry to read about your relative's care on A4, please contact our PALS Team to discuss further - WHH.PALS@nhs.net or call 01925 662281 with further details, so that this can be addressed direct with the ward. Thank you.

Supergran gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Eye Clinic

I had my yearly visit to the Eye Clinic at Warrington today. I was quite taken aback at first as it looked totally different. I then found out the department had moved due to a fire. There was four people on reception all sitting looking at computer screens and with no one waiting. I stood and stood until one young lady actually looked up and asked if she could help me, no good afternoon, smile or anything resembling that she enjoyed her work as was the other three. I can’t say the same for the nursing staff who very very friendly, polite and pleasant as always. My five stars go to the nursing staff not reception.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 August 2018

Hello, your feedback has been given to the Eye Clinic for them to discuss as improvement. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it has been most valuable.

positron1965 reviewed Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Gynaecology operation

My wife undertook a gynaecology operation recently, and from ward induction to discharge the service could not be surpassed. Within 2 minutes of arrival the Senior staff nurse (Lisa) introduced herself to my Spanish wife and myself. She could not have been friendlier and was an ambassador for the NHS. All her nursing staff were just as friendly, welcoming, caring and professional. Following the operation, less than 60 minutes later we met the surgeon who explained the outcome of the operation, down to earth and just as friendly as the nursing staff. My father had a heart bypass operation in a private hospital and the quality of service was not even close to the NHS. On collecting my wife and thanking the staff I am so proud that I live in a country that provides such a quality health service in such economically demanding circumstances. Bravo WHH!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018 using Care Opinion

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we hope our wife has made a full recovery. We have shared with the team.

Dee gave at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Unexpected visit to CCU

finding myself in hospital is scary enough, but to find out that I was as poorly as I felt is something else. On that Friday late afternoon, my experience of the NHS & ALL who work within it, was truly in awe of what they do. From the arrival of the two wonderful paramedics, who kept me calm & informed all the way to a&e, then to the staff in majors, then resus and finally at 5am Saturday morning, into CCU. I was not left at any time, I was informed at every stage, as were my family. I was lucky enough to witness our nhs at its best, while I was at my worst The speed, efficiency and professionalism that each and every member of that team showed not just me, but everyone who had found themselves there. I also was witness to the vile disgusting abuse, these amazing people have to endure. I would have walked away & I would have refused to treat them, but not these guys. They held themselves together and with more dignity, then the abusers had in a pinky nail, continued their work & continued caring. I take my hat off to each and every one of you, and I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. I will eternally be in your debt.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 July 2018

We are so pleased to read about your experience, thank you for sharing.

Ian Harris gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Warrington audiology department

Phoned and received an appointment next day. Seen by audiologist slightly ahead of time. Thoroughly professional , pleasant and friendly. Overall a very pleasant and satisfactory visit. Thank you and well done.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 09 May 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated.

Babs gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hip and grafting .

I would like to thank the Consultant and his team all his staff on ward 4 for there treatment and help while I was in having a hip and grafting operation absolutely brilliant friendly and pleasant all the help and the way they look after not only myself but all who were in the ward it was like being in a private hospital I can not thank them all for there help and support enough so thank you very much Barbara Norman

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated.

Alice sargent gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ended up in a&e last night as I had a lot of pain following a kidney infection. I just wanted to say a big thank you to the doctor who saw and discharged me. He was very attentive, efficient and really reassured me so thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 27 May 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 May 2018

We hope you are feeling better. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback it is much appreciated and has been feedback to the department.