Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01925 635911 Warrington Hospital, Lovely Lane , Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 1QG

Anonymous gave at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Disappointed in Ward A4 service

Was very disappointed in the care my relative received on this ward.
Meds not given on time
Lack of communication about what was happening or when meds were due.
Had to wait hours for staff to at end to removal of cannula or questions about treatment.
Despite asking several members of staff, each would say they would find out but never return to update or resolve.
There didn't appear to be any communication between staff or any organisation.
No dietary advice despite requests.
To be a patient is stressful enough but there's massive room for improvement on this ward.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 05 August 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 August 2018

Hello, we are sorry to read about your relative's care on A4, please contact our PALS Team to discuss further - WHH.PALS@nhs.net or call 01925 662281 with further details, so that this can be addressed direct with the ward. Thank you.

Supergran gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Eye Clinic

I had my yearly visit to the Eye Clinic at Warrington today. I was quite taken aback at first as it looked totally different. I then found out the department had moved due to a fire. There was four people on reception all sitting looking at computer screens and with no one waiting. I stood and stood until one young lady actually looked up and asked if she could help me, no good afternoon, smile or anything resembling that she enjoyed her work as was the other three. I can’t say the same for the nursing staff who very very friendly, polite and pleasant as always. My five stars go to the nursing staff not reception.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

positron1965 reviewed Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Gynaecology operation

My wife undertook a gynaecology operation recently, and from ward induction to discharge the service could not be surpassed. Within 2 minutes of arrival the Senior staff nurse (Lisa) introduced herself to my Spanish wife and myself. She could not have been friendlier and was an ambassador for the NHS. All her nursing staff were just as friendly, welcoming, caring and professional. Following the operation, less than 60 minutes later we met the surgeon who explained the outcome of the operation, down to earth and just as friendly as the nursing staff. My father had a heart bypass operation in a private hospital and the quality of service was not even close to the NHS. On collecting my wife and thanking the staff I am so proud that I live in a country that provides such a quality health service in such economically demanding circumstances. Bravo WHH!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018 using Care Opinion

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we hope our wife has made a full recovery. We have shared with the team.

Dee gave at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Unexpected visit to CCU

finding myself in hospital is scary enough, but to find out that I was as poorly as I felt is something else. On that Friday late afternoon, my experience of the NHS & ALL who work within it, was truly in awe of what they do. From the arrival of the two wonderful paramedics, who kept me calm & informed all the way to a&e, then to the staff in majors, then resus and finally at 5am Saturday morning, into CCU. I was not left at any time, I was informed at every stage, as were my family. I was lucky enough to witness our nhs at its best, while I was at my worst The speed, efficiency and professionalism that each and every member of that team showed not just me, but everyone who had found themselves there. I also was witness to the vile disgusting abuse, these amazing people have to endure. I would have walked away & I would have refused to treat them, but not these guys. They held themselves together and with more dignity, then the abusers had in a pinky nail, continued their work & continued caring. I take my hat off to each and every one of you, and I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. I will eternally be in your debt.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 July 2018

We are so pleased to read about your experience, thank you for sharing.

Ian Harris gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Warrington audiology department

Phoned and received an appointment next day. Seen by audiologist slightly ahead of time. Thoroughly professional , pleasant and friendly. Overall a very pleasant and satisfactory visit. Thank you and well done.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 09 May 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated.

Babs gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hip and grafting .

I would like to thank the Consultant and his team all his staff on ward 4 for there treatment and help while I was in having a hip and grafting operation absolutely brilliant friendly and pleasant all the help and the way they look after not only myself but all who were in the ward it was like being in a private hospital I can not thank them all for there help and support enough so thank you very much Barbara Norman

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is much appreciated.

Alice sargent gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ended up in a&e last night as I had a lot of pain following a kidney infection. I just wanted to say a big thank you to the doctor who saw and discharged me. He was very attentive, efficient and really reassured me so thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 27 May 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 May 2018

We hope you are feeling better. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback it is much appreciated and has been feedback to the department.

Philip Reade gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

TIA clinic

I visited to see a TIA consultant Friday 2 nd February 2018 amazing from checking in outpatient had ecg within five minutes then went to clinic 1 was seen by nurse straight away had weight and blood pressure done just sat down and consultant called me in
He was such a nice man really went through everything and organised tests for me and explained all possible causes of my recent TIA
This is a really well run clinic can’t fault at all

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 03 February 2018

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 February 2018

Thank you for the lovely feedback, it is much appreciated. We hope that you are making a good recovery from your TIA.

Anonymous gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Unexpected visit

Came to Halton UCC with mum late Sunday evening. Greeted with a smile by all staff even though it was coming to the end of their shift and they were obviously shattered. Mum was assessed, x-rayed and we were on our way home in less than 40 minutes. Everything was explained to us and I would like to thank everyone for their kindness and professionalism.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 03 December 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback it is much appreciated.

David Cornwell gave Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ward A6-W

Just returned from admission and treatment at Warrington for an Elective admission and surgery. Outstanding treatment from start to finish including the surgery clinician operating and all staff on Ward A6 who were exemplary in their care, professionalism and enthusiasm despite all the pressures and challenges they face. Some of these challenges are workload related while others are directly attributable to some patients whose behaviour is unacceptable despite the courtesy they enjoy.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated. We hope that you have made a full recovery.