Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust

0151 228 4811 Alder Hey Children's Hospital, Eaton Road, West Derby , Liverpool, Merseyside, L12 2AP

Anonymous gave Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Consultation given based on beliefs, not clinical findings

We attended clinic in August to have a procedure done after diagnosis and referral by a specialist at another local hospital. We saw the nurse practitioner who barely looked at my child and did not assess function, and then told us they did not believe the condition we had been diagnosed with existed. They then proceeded to complain about the specialist who diagnosed my child. We were offered a second opinion by a consultant, who acted much in the same way. The consultant then advised, again based on their beliefs and NOT clinical findings, that I formula feed my child despite WHO and NHS guidelines and despite my wishes not to.

I find it appalling that medical professionals treat patients and families based on whatever politics is going on between clinics/hospitals, and allow patients to be dragged into disputes about whether or not a condition exists.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 August 2018

I am very sorry to read your feedback after your visit to Alder Hey in August.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail with us and we can look into this for you please contact the PALS team directly on 0151 252 5374/5161or by email PALS@alderhey.nhs.uk

Mrs R gave Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic from the start

We were transferred to Alder Hey burns unit a couple of Sundays ago when my daughter had an accident with hot soup. We arrived worried and stressed but right from stepping through the door, staff were amazing at putting us at ease and making my daughter smile.
They are so well trained and equipped to deal with children and babies and I'm so happy we have a hospital like this so close to us!
They helped to make a terrible weekend so much less worrisome and my daughter recovered so quickly with their help! Can't thank the team enough!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 15 July 2018

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message about your daughters in patient stay on the Burns unit. This must have been a very distressing time and I'm so pleased to hear that the staff where able to provide reassurance to you all.

We are very proud of our hospital and the staff who strive to provide the best care possible for our patients and their families. We are thrilled to receive your feedback. We do hope your daughter is making good progress now.

Jo Tomlinson gave Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A wonderful hospital

My 2 children (aged 6 and 3) were transferred to the burns unit at Alder Hey last week with superficial burns after a horrible accident involving a hot drink. Both children were obviously scared and uncomfortable but from arriving at A&E we were treated with nothing but smiles and kindness which really put us and them at ease. The doctors and nurses who helped us in the Burns Unit were fantastic and I can't thank them enough. Thank you to all the wonderful NHS staff - you are amazing.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I'll make sure A&E and the Burns Unit staff are notified of your comments. I hope your children are recovering well.

Wonderful sraff

How lucky do I feel to have Alder Hey near by. My daughter has recently been treated with a burn at the burns unit.. The staff are amazing and have given wonderful treatment and great advice for aftercare. They have been so accommodating when arranging appointments for her. Heartfelt thanks to you all.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 May 2018

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 May 2018

Thank you so much fort taking the time to give this lovely feedback. I will make sure the staff on the Burns unit receive this.
I do hope your daughter is recovering well after her stay with us.
Many thanks again.

Grateful father gave Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

So grateful to you all

My 14 year old child got rushed into alder hey by helicopter after falling off her bicycle
Which left her with a broken collar bone , fractured skull and a clot in her brain , her mother went with her and I followed with my son by car ,
On arrival at alder hey I was so worried and just did not know what I was walking into,
But from the first member of staff I met to the last everyone was so helpful
The ladies on the enquiries desk just made me feel more relaxed instantly ,
it was as if they were going out of their way to help
My daughter spent her time in ward 4a hdu and in the yellow bay of 4a also
I could not fault any member of staff I met
It seemed as if they all were proud to be there ,
We were lucky as my daughter is recovering well but I can't emphasize enough how grateful
We all are to have such a wonderful place at our times of need thank you all
I hope you are proud of yourselves because you should be ,

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback. This must have been a very frightening time for you , I cannot imagine how difficult this would have been.
I will make sure all of the staff in these areas see this feedback, we are very proud of the staff at Alder Hey and the great work they do.
So pleased to hear your daughter is making good progress and recovering well.

kayleigh gave Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

lovely lovely lady need more nurses like this

been coming to see gp`s, consulatant and nurses for the past 15 months, for the last 3 months been seeing a lovely nurse, without this nurse we would not of been were we are now, without going into much detail about my son, there should be so much more nurses who are like this nurse, once again she is a credit to the NHS and especially to alder hey hospital... lovely lovely lady, x

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 04 January 2018

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 January 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely comments - we are very proud of our nursing staff! Without more detail we are unable to give this feedback directly to the nurse, but if you would like us to do that, you can contact the PALS team on 0151 252 5374 and we can pass on your thanks.

Fantastic hospital

I attended Alder Hey A&E recently and was very happy with the service! The staff were lovely and very reassuring. Very helpful when speaking to my family members, and kept us up to date with progress.

Clean environment and lovely outside area.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message about your visit to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, and for your very kind comments about your experience in the A&E department. I will make sure your comments are passed on to the staff, they will be delighted to receive it.

Child with severe asthma

The facilities and staff are wonderful at Alder Hey. We had to stay three nights due to our 4 year olds breathing difficulties and he was made to feel relaxed and at home.

The place was very clean, regularly washed, staff were attentive and cheerful, accommodating and helpful. Even the food was pretty darn good!

We count ourselves lucky to live in a city with such excellent facilities and such lovely people who staff this hospital.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message about your visit to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, and for your very kind comments about the care your son received. We are very proud of our hospital and the staff who strive to provide the best care possible for our patients and their families. We are thrilled to receive your feedback. We do hope your son is making good progress.

Danielle/alex gave Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing astma nurse

my 4 year old is under the respiratory team here at Alder hey and has been since a baby.on the 26th of January i rang to speak to a astma nurse and was so pleased of the outcome.I spoke to a amazing astma nurse who went out of their way to advise me what to do next and arranged for my son to be seen with their consultant in which they did.on the 30tg of January my son was seen by the consultant and also this amazing nurse who sat down went through everything answered all questions . The nurse is a creidit to this hospital For what they have done for my son

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message about your visit to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, and for your very kind comments about the care your son has received by the respiratory team. We will make sure that your comments are passed on to the all the staff in the department, they will be delighted to receive it.

Jo Harrison gave Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Burnt child with pneumonia

My child got referred to the Burns Unit at Alder Hey last week after experiencing an accidental scald. From beginning to end our experience at the hospital and the level of care that my child received was beyond amazing. I've had the ill fate of having to go to appointments with terminal parents in hospitals throughout the UK and nothing compares to Alder Hey. So thank you, it's fantastic and heartening to think I live so close and my precious child has the luxury of that service if they're ever seriously ill.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message about your experience at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, and for your very kind comments about the care your child received. This must have been a very worrying time for you. We will make sure that your comments are passed on to the all the staff on the Burns Unit, they will be delighted to receive your feedback.