Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

0151 525 5980 Aintree University Hospital, Lower Lane , Liverpool, Merseyside, L9 7AL

Karen Epifani gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Team in Ward 11 & Critical Care Unit

My Mum spent 5 days on Ward 11 recently and having travelled over from the Isle of Man we could not have received better care. Every single member of staff were so kind and professional and even offered to do some washing for us as we hadn’t expected to be there so long . Unfortunately mum was taken to Critical Care where she sadly passed away on Sunday 5th August, the whole family wish to pass on our thanks for the treatment and care mum was given. We would also like to thank you all for the compassion we were shown during mums final hours, huge respect to each and everyone of you, we will never forget any of you, you made an absolutely horrible situation so much more bearable. Thank you all. The Family of Isobel Connolly.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 August 2018

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message and for your and your families kind words about our staff on Ward 11 and Critical Care.

We are sorry to hear about the loss of your mum.

Peter Harrison gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellence of care and cleanliness

ON the 27th of June i had an emergency admission via A+E " of which i have no recollection to Aintree University Hospital after becoming ill during an appointment in Walton hospital .

I wish to say that the staff on ward 15 ,from the cleaner to the ward sister were excellent ! The ward was spotlessly clean !! Every member of staff smiled at you , made time for you and nothing was ever any trouble ! You were treated as in individual rather than " the patient in bed number 4 " What a massive difference that made

The doctors too were exceptional ! This is the first time that anyone has ever said we need to find out why i keep getting Cellulitis which on this occasion became sepsis .

I commend you all on the standard of care and cleanliness .

Yours sincerely .
Peter Harrison

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 July 2018

Morning Peter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us this message and for your kind words about our colleagues on Ward 15.

Best wishes.

James gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Aintree Staff

Had to go in for surgery for the first time in my life. It was embarrassing to begin with due to the location that need to be worked on but all the staff where extremely helpful, answered all my questions and where very supportive which put my mind at ease and not making me feel embarrassed at any time. I can honestly say it has been a highly positive experience (all things included).
With out a doubt I would recommend the hospital and staff to anyone. You are all a credit to the NHS.
Thank you for helping me through what would have been a very awkward/stressful time.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 June 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 June 2018

Morning James,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message and for your kind words about our colleagues.

We are delighted that you had a positive experience and would recommend Aintree to others.

ann Barlow gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visited Elective Unit on 1st July for Gastroscopy. Ecvellent

The staff were excellent very caring and understanding. Especially the person who performed the Gastroscopy as there were many biopsies to remove which would have been difficult at the finish as my anaesthetic had worn off. So because of this I am a bit worried about the outcome.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 June 2018

Hi Ann,

Anonymous gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I attended A&E on Bank Holiday Monday. I arrived at 6 pm. By 9.15 pm I had seen triage then a doctor, went for an xray and saw the doctor again. I also had my broken toe strapped up and given medication for soft tissue damage. Even though it was quite busy, the staff couldn't of been nicer and more proffessional. Excellent service. Thank you!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 29 May 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 May 2018

Morning,

F gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

This hospital provided amazing care to me. I'd like to thank everyone in ICU and major trauma.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 28 August 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message.

We are delighted to hear you received amazing care at Aintree.

Surgery

I would like to praise the care and attention given me during my appointments and surgery. During my short stay on ward 4 after surgery i was treated with upmost respect and care.Special thanks to the consultant.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 June 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message and for your kind words about our colleagues on Ward 4.

Anniemac gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

The most inefficicient aftercare service I have experienced. No appointment sent for suture removal. After 3 days ringing to ask for an appt and getting nowhere finally walked in 2 days after they should have been removed. Unhelpful reception staff who asked me to produce my mobile and display the numbers I had been ringing (with the implication I was lying!) In the end I requested she contact the secretary who came and sorted me out.
One week later increasing pain and inflammation at the site from which I myself removed a suture that had been left in!
6 months later I have still not received my Consultant follow up appt which should have been 6 weeks post op!
Still given 5 stars because having had various appts, treatment and operations in recent years here it is still the best hospital I have been to.
CTS Team sort yourselves out. You're letting a top hospital down!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 October 2018

Hi Annie,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message.

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed by our CTS team.

If you would like to take your concerns further our Patient Advice and Complaints team can help. You can contact them by emailing: customerservice@aintree.nhs.uk, by calling 0151 529 2400 or by writing to:

Patient Advice and Complaints department
Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Lower Lane
Liverpool
L9 7AL

Thank you.

Visit to clinics over the last 2 years

I have visited 3 different clinics over the last 2 years and have met with such kindness and care from everybody in each clinic. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and I would say to anybody don't hesitate to go if you need to. Each problem I had was dealt with efficiently and thoroughly. I cannot get over how caring everybody was. I have never been kept waiting long, but even if I was, I would understand, as nothing is rushed.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 08 March 2018

Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message.

It is lovely to hear that you have had a positive experience every time you have visited our hospital.

carol craig gave Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

most efficient

attended pre-op assessment on Monday had bloods/e.c.g./weight height general health checked all within 30 mins . then endoscopy dept next day, fully informed of what is happening and how, after in recovery looked after and monitored and given full report before leaving.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 23 February 2018