Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01226 730000 Gawber Road , Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S75 2EP

Maureen gave Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to The Day Surgery unit..

Thank you to the Day surgery team for the professional care shown to me .Each member

of the team played there part to put me at ease and give me confidence,,l can't thank them

enough.l have made a good recovery thanks to their care. We think Barnsley hospital is

excellent.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 June 2017

Hi Maureen

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent experience at Barnsley Hospital. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience whilst here. We will pass on these lovely comments to the relevant people.

Anonymous gave Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Children's A&E and Inpatient Care

As new, first-time parents, my wife and I were very worried when 111 asked us to take our daughter to A&E. However, the staff were absolutely fantastic. We were triaged by a really friendly nurse immediately who then transferred us to a private cubical to protect our newborn who hasn't been vaccinated yet. We had a bit of a wait for a doctor, but this was to be expected. The emergency doctor was so attentive and friendly, yet absolutely professional. They attended to the emotional needs of my wife, who was becoming quite upset, as well as my daughter's medical care.

We were then transferred to Ward 37 for observation where, once again, the staff couldn't do enough for us. all the nurses, junior doctors and consultants were so attentive to our needs and allowed us to ask all the stupid first-time parent questions. Again, they ensured that my wife and my needs were met, as well as our baby's.

Our daughter was assessed and discharged quickly and effeiciently as soon as ward rounds began, and we've been given open access back to Ward 37 in case our daughter suffers any further complications.

Thanks so much to all the staff at BHNFT, truly the best hospital care we have received (and that also includes all the midwifery staff at my daughter's birth) at any NHS, or indeed private, healthcare establishment.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 25 May 2017

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 May 2017

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent experience at Barnsley Hospital. We are absolutely delighted to hear about your positive stay in the Children's Emergency Department. We will pass on these lovely comments to the relevant staff.

Anonymous gave Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A+E

We cannot thank the staff enough for the way in which they treated my husband who fell over and seriously cut his head. We arrived in an ambulance+ were seen after only 5-10 minutes.
The staff were excellent and cannot be praised enough.
After 5 hours my husband was discharged having been cared for very well throughout.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 March 2017

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent experience at Barnsley Hospital. We are delighted that you and your husband had such a positive experience and we will pass these lovely comments on to the relevant team.

Yvette gave Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

In chaos

Went to A&E with my 3 year old son who had a gash to the back of the head and needed stitches or glueing. No doctors seemed available and the hour I was there only one child was seen. The whole situation was in chaos and having 2 previous bad experiences with this hospital I decided it was in my child's best interest to take him to a different hospital.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 27 February 2016

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 February 2016

Hi Yvette

We are sorry to hear about your experience in our A&E, if you would like to speak to someone in more detail about this please contact our PALS Team on 01226 432330 or email barnsleypals@nhs.net.

We hope your son is recovering well.

Best wishes

Debbie gave Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

It gets no better

My 96 year old Aunty was admitted in December. A&E wanted to move her onto a elderly care release ward to just hit their 4 hour target. My sister pushed for blood test results to arrive back to save 2 possible moves. Well at least one person (my sister) had sense as there was then just one move to AMU.

Ward 20 discharge notes showed nothing about an in hospital fall, neither did they clean the blood up for a few days after the fall. Sent home very late afternoon as fit but was not correctly assessed for ability to walk as they just moved her from wheelchair to a chair. Returned to hospital later that same January day after carer concerns and later ambulance crew confirmed she was unfit to be at home. She was readmitted. Discharge to rehabilitation had notes failing to identify an untreated bed sore.

Next of kin (my mum) was told she would be given 24 hour notice of discharge and safety provisions would be done first. She got less than1 hour notice and only because she had gone to visit. The second discharge was even worse; no telephone call whatsoever; arrived to visit to be told Aunty was on discharge ward; arrived at discharge to find she had already left.

My sister visited one day and overhead a family member of another patient raising concerns over tablets under a bed.

After all the promises made with my dad's case I am extremely alarmed to see familiar errors and failures still occurring well over a year after his death, as well as new ones.

Barnsley hospital complaints team have my email address. This time they may be pro-active and contact me first but I won't hold my breath.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 06 February 2016

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 February 2016

Hi Debbie

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are sorry to hear about your Aunty's experience whilst in our care. We would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please can you contact our PALS Team on 01226 432330 or email barnsleypals@nhs.net.

We will pass on your feedback to the relevant areas.

M gave at Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Admitted for miscarriage

I can't fault the staff on ward 14. The nurses are so kind and caring and went above and beyond for not just me but also for my partner. They understood that not only I was hurting but my partner too and constantly made sure that he was okay as well as myself.
I never wanted to leave because I felt so calm, comfortable and well looked after. The treatment went smooth and although some hurdles along the way the nurses and doctors took care of this quickly and calmly. Particular thanks to one staff nurse who really put me at ease through all the pain and confusion. The nurse couldn't have been anymore attentive and kind.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 21 December 2015

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 December 2015

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we are sorry to hear about your loss but we are pleased to hear about the care you received from our staff. We will pass on your comments to the relevant team.

Barnsley Hospital Communications Team