Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust

01225 428331 Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust, Combe Park , Bath, BA1 3NG

Lyndie gave Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Neurology and Tests

I spent yesterday morning at the RUH. I initially saw the Doctor. They organised tests. It was amazing, I went from one Department to another. Didn't wait long. The staff were charming and I then went back to the Doctor who already had the results and discussed a way forward. It was a one stop shop which worked brilliantly. I just had to express my appreciation to all the staff for their kindness and professionalism. Linda

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 October 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the Neurology team who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.

Anonymous gave Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Ambulatory Care Team

A few days after I got back from a holiday in Africa I began to feel very poorly. My GP referred me to Ambulatory Care at the RUH. There I was seen almost immediately. All the staff were reassuring and thorough. After loads of tests the scary things like Malaria were ruled out. It turned out to be Flu. The Dr even took the time out to phone me to let me know the latest results. Thanks for putting my mind at rest so quickly.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Peter BakerMedical gave Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Medical Assessment Unit - C1

All medical and administrative staff were kind, courteous and caring well as being highly skilled in their professional duties.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the Medical Assessment Unit team who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.

Stanley Jones reviewed Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust

Recent stay at RUH

I have recently spent five days in the Medical Assessment and Respiratory Wards and just want to thank all the staff for their attention, kindness and treatment. Both day and night. Although very busy- long hours - but nothing too much trouble. Thank you again.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 October 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the Medical Assessment Unit and Respiratory Ward teams who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.

Perfect labour & delivery experience

I moved to Calne last year and fell pregnant with my 3rd child shortly after. Having had 2 straight forward natural births previously I opted for a water birth at Chippenham and attended Chippenham hospital for all my antenatal appointments. The staff were all lovely, they were able to accommodate appointments to suit me, I was always seen on time & they were great with my 2yr old who attended the appointments with me and they gave him stickers for being so good, which he loved! For all my regular appointments I got to see the same Midwife, which was great as we got to build a nice relationship, they were very reassuring when I started having doubts about giving birth at the birthing centre in case I experienced any complications during labour. I went into labour in the early hours of the morning at home, 9 days overdue. I rang the birthing unit around 3am to let them know but I choose to stay at home because the pain was manageable even with contractions 3minutes apart. At 9am the pain was becoming uncomfortable although contractions were still 3minutes apart so we were told to make our way in. On arrival at the birthing centre I was greated by some lovely midwives who quickly ushered my husband & I into the birthing pool room where they started to fill the pool. My waters broke shortly after and I was 9cms dialated. They just managed to fill the pool in time for me to get in and my sons head to be born. Unfortunately his body did not follow as easily and I had to change positions in the pool and receive a bit of help from the midwives for my son to be delivered. Had it not have been for the midwife & student staying so calm I think I may have started panicking. I was then allowed to stay in the water for a while before getting out to deliver my placenta. Even with the injection it took a while to deliver my placenta and again, had the midwives not stayed so calm throughout I may have began panicking because I had not experienced this with my 2 previous births & I knew a lot of people who have had their placentas surgically removed. Following the birth & all our checks we were able to stay in the room we had given birth in, the after care was fantastic, we were brought tea & toast, which was offered on numerous times throughout our stay & even though my sons blood sugar levels were checked several times over a 6hour period due to weighing an unexpected 10lb7oz (!) we felt like we were given plenty of time & privacy on our own to bond with our new son. The whole experience from pregnancy to birth at Chippenham was amazing and better than I could ever have wished for and I feel that this was all down to the midwives & staff within the unit. If I ever have any more children I won’t hesitate to return there again!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Jill Forbes gave Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Visit to A&E Department

I had a mini- stroke in July 2017 and was taken to the A&E Department. I saw numerous staff all of whom were courteous, caring and reassuring.
They must have been very busy and stressed themselves, but this was not passed on to me.
Each memberof staff, when they were seeing me, made me feel I was the only patient they had to care for!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 September 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the Emergency Department Team who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.

5 star service received

I was a patient at the nuclear medicine the service that i receive was fantastic and i wish that the people working there where superb.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 July 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the team in the Nuclear Medicine Service who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.

Gill gave Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Department

I had an appointment today in the MTU at RUH.
I was anxious re the procedure i was going to have but i had no need to.
Its a bit of a find to get there as its not made clear exactly where it is. You have to go through the Cardiac ward.
On entering i was met by a lovely nurse who looked after me throughout my time being there.
They reassured me in a caring manner and i felt much more at ease.
All the staff were caring , friendly and put you at ease.
Exceptional care and a big thankyou

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 July 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the team in MTU who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.

Detached Retina

Having described symptoms to my optician they advised immediate attendance to A&E at the RUH.. Saw an ophthalmic surgeon after a couple of hours who confirmed a detached retina and immediately fixed an appointment for the next morning at the Bristol Eye Hospital as the RUH does not do retina repairs. I was operated on that afternoon. Excellent care,speed and attention all round.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 August 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care and treatment at the RUH and will forward these on to the Emergency Department and Ophthalmology teams who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.

Wonderfull Patient care

After calling 111 we were advised to go to A&E. We decided as we are that side of Bristol to go to RUH Bath and are so glad we did. The nurse we saw in triage was really good and put our mind at rest and gave us excellent care and advice. The nurse made a recommendation for my husband to be seen by a Doctor and after a short wait he was seen by a very confident and knowledgable Doctor. We were told that if my husband felt more unwell to go back.
For the first time since the beginning of this illness my Husband felt he was being listened to and acknowledged. Blood tests were sorted quickly and the diagnosis was good. Throughout we were treated with respect, care and compassion and cannot thank them enough for the professional and caring way we were treated.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 04 June 2017

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 June 2017

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the Emergency Department team who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.