Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01908 660033 Standing Way, Eaglestone , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK6 5LD

Anonymous gave Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Some care, some don't

I have in the past written to the Chief Executive to say how good the care was that my relative received. On this occasion he was admitted to Ward 2 and it was a completely different story. The staff are, at best, grumpy and make no effort to understand their patients or the visitors. As this is evident in all staff on the ward I can only assume it is a cultural issue. Luckily it has not (yet) pervaded other wards.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Megan downes gave Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Broken wrist

I attended Milton Keynes hospital early Friday evening after a fall snowboarding and being advised to get an xray. I fully expected to spend the night waiting in A&E and the prospect of this was less than ideal as I live in Southampton and had a long journey home. I couldn't believe how quickly I was seen and the efficiency of their service. The staff that dealt with me were nothing short of amazing and are a credit to the nhs. I have been fortunate that I haven't had to use hospital services in 20+ years and I was not disappointed by the level of care I received

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 July 2017

Anonymous reviewed Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Services

My nephew has been admitted to your hospital and I am very disappointed and disgusted of the hygiene of your hospital. I couldn't believe what I have seen and disbelief. My nephew is a downsyndrome boy and his illness has not been treated properly in this hospital. The reason why we took him there is he is not eating, drinking and sleeping for nearly a month and he is getting weaker and dehydrated. After staying for three days they sent him home eventhough he is not even 60% well. I know he hasn't got any medical or surgical illness at that time but he is not well at all to be home. The consultant referred him to the diasability team but did not keep him until he is seen by the team. Now that he is at home he is back to square one again, not eating, drinking or sleeping properly.

Also my nephew doesn't want to stay in his bed and always sitting on the floor. So I ask the nurses for the cleaner three times and nobody come to clean the floor. I end up cleaning the floor and I couldn't believe what I have discovered. The filtiness of the hospital. The room hasn't been cleaned at all before they put another patient in there. I was so disappointed and disgusted and I said to myself this hospital will not heal people. Patients will be more infected because of the filtiness of the room.
Yes it could be weekend but even on a Monday when I phoned my sisters if the room has been cleaned they said no and my youngest sister is the one who cleaned it again. Aweful.

Before he has taken to A&E he has been referred three times to the disability team and I think they don't want to know. His mother is also ill of lung cancer and this is what she is getting from the NHS and council after working throughout her life for her contribution to the government.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave at Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Lost info

So my daughter had a follow up appointment in April2017
We arrive for the appointment the consultant did not look up from their computer and then when talking through symptoms etc and I explain the event monitor she had to wear for two weeks during exams the year before they say she didn't have a 2 week monitor. When I explained that she most certainly had they declared they had lost her information!! Thus meaning she would need to do it all again. Incredibly disgusted by this lack of care and safety of my child information being lost. As a result she had to have the monitor again even though she is allergic to the adhesive pads. She went on to have another monito fitted and was supposed to be a week this time due to allergy. However the burn and breaking if the skin and cuts because if reaction meant she could not tolerate the pads for more than 2 days. She's gone through all of this because of incompetency of staff. Her allergies have got worse since the last monitor last year and now we wait forever again for another follow up app. Apparently it's ok to have a resting heart rate of over 170bpm

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Sue Mills gave Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Treatment by your staff. Excellent.

Recent colon X-ray not very pleasant BUT the two people who looked after me were EXCELLENT.very kind and caring.I also had to go to A /E. The treatment I received was also excellent.I was treated with kindness and. Care.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Prostate Check

I visited the Urology outpatient department recently and it got off to a bad start .The problem at first was because the letter the hospital had sent me said that I should just turn up at the appointment with no preparation whereas I should have attended with a full bladder.So when I arrived I then had to drink many cups of water in order to have a flow test.
This delayed my appointment by an hour and a quarter.When I was seen, because I had only started drinking at the hospital my flow test results were not so indicative as if I had started drinking at home.
However on seeing the Consultant they listened to my problems I was experiencing, explained various options, the consultant then went on to examine me whereupon I was treated with the utmost dignity and respect. Afterwards the consultant explained the various medication they could prescribe with their possible side effects and allowed me time to decide whether this was what I was happy with.
Although my visit did not start off too well owing to the wrong letter being sent out I cannot fault the actual appointment, the way I was treated by all the staff,the Consultant put me at ease explaining everything and I was very pleased that I was able to have a flow test, consultation with the Specialist and a decision on medication all in one appointment.Thank you so much to all the staff concerned regarding my recent visit to Milton Keynes hospital

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Parking

Today I only had to go and pick my husband up from an appointment. However next week I have to take my daughter for an eye test and am panicking after today's experience! Due the the construction I chose to park in the multi storey car park as it said there were accessible spaces (I am a disabled driver) I pulled up to the machine but was unable to reach the button. My car is quite high up but I am fairly short. Due to my disability I am not able to get out of the car very quickly.

I had a whole queue of traffic behind me. Thanks to the lady from the car behind coming to my rescue. I would have been stuck!

Please do something to change this?

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 March 2017

Anonymous reviewed Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Good & Bad

I spent a few days recently in ward 19 of Milton Keynes Hospital. Having in the past spent a month at the hospital with my husband. I noted that there had been a significant change in culture and the nursing staff were now caring professionals. I was totally impressed by the friendly attitude of the ward reception, the ward nurses in charge were outstanding individuals and I cannot speak too highly of them. However I noted that Nursing Assistants would sometime not look at the patient file and would simply get on with their duties hence missing the finer point with regard to that individual.. On the whole big improvements have been achieved. This cannot be said for the Management Section. I am aware that it was a busy time of year for the Hospital. A patient was brought into ward 19 who in my opinion should have been isolated. Each time the patient was attended to by those brave nurses all windows had to be open to let out the smell of putrefaction. Request for change through the nurses were ignored and no one communicated with the ward patients. A patient took the option to sleep on the floor out of the ward in an empty room despite the fact that she was suffering from kidney infection. Their was a walk out by 3 patients then again with no result another walk out by two. Eventually the patient was moved. Another major improvement was the quality of the food offered. Previously it had been a sticky mess for fit for human consumption now it is a meal to be look forward to. Although porridge and rice pudding could improve in taste using better quality ingredients. On the whole congratulations to all and well done.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 05 January 2017

Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

MAIN OUTPATIENT CLINIC AND BREAST CLINIC

I have had 2 visits to MK Hospital this week, once to the outpatient clinic and once for a mammogram. The hospital is having extensive construction carried out, but the staff remain upbeat and professional. Both of my appointments took place on time and were conducted with care and expertise. The care I received from the staff was just as I expected it to be, 5*, that is what we deserve from the NHS and this is what was delivered to me. Like the vast majority of UK residents, I am a firm supporter of our hospitals and GPs, and I am continually amazed that they manage to provide such an excellent service in the light of their financial constraints and surge in patient numbers. Many thanks to MK Hospital, once again.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Treatment day care centre

Firstly ,the staff,from reception through to nursing and doctors treatment was excellent .The waiting area was very cold even with a coat on ,the treatment letter did not explain how long you would be waiting just the appointment time .when I attended they could not find me on the screen and reception added me to the list (I had taken my appt letter ) .my wife was told about twenty minutes however I was over three hours .disabled parking nearest available was outside outpatients .being diabetic should not have had to wait so long .

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 22 December 2016