Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01274 542200 Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane , Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD9 6RJ

Christine waterworth gave at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visit today

I was really nervous today but the fantastic staff made me feel at ease. Even through the biopsy I felt calm and well looked after. Super staff. Super service thank you

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Gary metcalf reviewed at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Absolute disaster

I have up to now been waiting for an appointment with a consultant about my ankle pain since April 2017
I was referred and 3rd it would take 6 weeks max to see consultant but it has now dragged on for 5 months and still not seen
My own surgery has tried to contact you on numerous occasions all to no avail so now as a consequence of this delay I am now having to take time off work as the condition has become considerably worse in the time I have been waiting I understand that your department is busy bit all I want consultation to get tbings started as i said i eas told 6 weeks but 5 montbs later thats ridiculous regards Gary Metcalf

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 August 2017

Dear Mr Metcalf, I am really sorry to hear about the delay and the difficulties you have had in contacting us. Can you please contact me on patient.experience@bthft.nhs.uk or call me on 01274 383863 and I will do my best to help you. If you email or when you phone it would be really useful to have the following information. Your date of birth, hospital number if you have any correspondence from us (it begins RAE) or your NHS number, your consultant's name and a telephone contact number. If you call when I am not at my desk please leave a message with your number and I will call you back.

Anonymous gave Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

horrible stay

I was on ward 14. some of the staff were lovely others treat you like a child. I was meant to be discharged but they did not have my medication so stayed in. a doctor came to me who was rude and said I could go home bear in mind I have not urinated since 11am.yesterday. still not been and said it's not life threatning. so asked if could pick medication up by someone else and they would ring when done. said yes fine and I could go and the doctor and nurse both said bye as I was leaving. anyway i used a vender machine night before and it did not give me change nobody knew anything on how to get my money back as there was €7.00 still in which was for my taxi back. so went to ask as needed it to get home so security rung ward And said if I had stayed they would pay for taxi for me but I had to wait for tablets ECT before they would do this. with the ward treating me the way they did I wasn't doing that so friend took me now ward won't give me tablets as said I absconded and my money back from hospital I would not recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 28 August 2017

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 August 2017

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we do take all feedback seriously and use it to improve the care we provide. I am sorry that your experience at discharge wasn't positive, and I hope you are now feeling better. To arrange to have the money you lost in the vending machine, and to discuss any other concerns you have about your care, please contact me on patient.experience@bthft.nhs.uk

Sandra gave Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ward 28

I was admitted to ward 28 February 17 for a hip replacement the staff are first class nothing was to much trouble the ward was clean and bright from the matron to the domestic all were very helpful the food was hot and served with a smile. Well done ward 28

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 May 2017

Dear Sandra, thank you for taking the time to get in touch - we try to use all feedback whether it is positive or negative to help us keep improving and putting the patient first, every time. I will pass this on to the ward staff, catering team, matron and the senior managers for this service, who will really appreciate it. We know that as well as providing good clinical care, the 'little things' and the human touch make a difference to people when they are in hospital, and I am pleased to hear that we are getting those things right.

Anonymous gave Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

From good to bad

Got to say this hostipal has gone really bad, used to speak with my friend about the hostipal in their towns and always had good words about Bradford and provided great care for my brother years ago. I understand the pressure they are under, with the cuts and the lack of resources. (But where has the money come from 2 make the hostipal look nice) My mum had 2 types CT scans today - the letter showed 2 times 10:10 and 11:10, got in the hostipal at 9:50. My mum went in at 12:15 due to waiting for interpreter which we didn't book and a power cut. At this point my mum has not eaten for 28 hours. You talk to the staff and they are so busy, wat do you expect if come across like they don't care, believe me when your under pressure it happens. Parking is a nightmare - nothing in the hostipal and outside the hostipal you have 2 be careful as the wardens are ready and waiting. We are lucky to have the NHS and health care available at all times but hope it improves - don't see it happening in Bradford tho.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 January 2017

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 February 2017

Hello, thank you for getting in touch with us, I am really sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the care your Mum had at her recent appointment. We would like to give a proper response to the points you raise, so we would like to ask you to get in touch with us. You can email patient.experience@bthft.nhs.uk or call 01274 364810 - if you call please mention that we have asked you to get in touch about your NHS Choices comments. We do appreciate how difficult it is to park around the hospital, especially at the moment because of the building work going on, but this is going to provide better, modern facilities for our patients and also provide some extra parking, more disabled spaces and a proper drop off zone at the new entrance. However, parking will still be challenging and we are looking into other ways to provide extra parking - we are limited by where the hospital is, surrounded by residential areas but we are trying to make it easier. We do appreciate your feedback and it will be passed on to the relevant staff. We hope you will get in touch so we can look into the other issues you have raised.

Ward 1

My father was admitted on to Ward 1 at the BRI in Septmeber 2016 via the A&E department. The care my father received from the nurses was poor, and no consideration for patient comfort or choice. The nurses on night shift had no experience of patient care or pastoral support. The Night registar was nothing but a snob, they didn't bother reading any notes and kept interrupting when asking their questions. My father had taken an Overdose but the seriously damaging issue was that my fathers medicine were on the bed side next to him for 48 hours without a nurse outing them in a safe so they were out of reach. My father tried accessing these several times but the nurses were not bothered. The registar an junior doctors are a complete was of time.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 October 2016

Hello, and thank you for letting us know about your father's experience, I do assure you that we welcome all comments and take them seriously. I apologize sincerely for the poor experience he had, and for the distress this has caused him and you. What you describe is not an acceptable standard of care. I will be making the relevant staff aware of your feedback, I assure you this will be fully investigated. We would like to invite you to get in touch with us, especially give the safety concern you have highlighted so we can discuss this furthe. Our patient experience manager would be happy to talk to you. The number to contact is 01274364810 . If you call when the office is closed, or no-one is available to take your call please do leave us your name and contact number and we will get back to you.

Deborah Anderson gave Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

MRI Scan

I had an MRI scan earlier today. The nurses and the person who performed the scan were extremely pleasant, comforting and efficient.Thank you very much.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 25 July 2016

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Ward 11 id rather let the pdsa treat me!

Absalutely disgusting! Staff are rude, will do anything to actually avoid helping people! Ive seen pets being treated with more respect than people! Id defo say animals have much better people skills! This ward needs serious looking at... it needs shutting down!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Tina mccarton gave Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great

I had an appointment today for an xray thinking it was at st Luke's Bradford (as my letter didn't come ) when I got there I was told it was BRI the lovley receptionist kindley rang BRI and told them I was on my was as I had got wrong hospital what a wonderful service

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 March 2016

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 April 2016

I apologise that the letter had not arrived in time so that you had clear instructions about where to go, that is not good service. I am very pleased to hear that the receptionist was very kind and helpful, thank you.

Bob gave Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Might as well all be deaf

No one ever answers the phone in the dermatology department,tried phoning 2 days on and off and got not one answer.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 16 February 2016

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 March 2016

This is very disappointing to hear and it is not acceptable. I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you, please accept my apologies. I have discussed this with the manager and this is being investigated as a technical issue but the team have also been reminded of the importance of answering phones in a timely manner.