Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01246 277271 Top Road, Calow , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 5BL

Anonymous gave Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor care for children

I attended with my child sent from out of hours doctor onto nightingale and was sent home early hours saying the concerns they had about fever 40c amongst other concerns was incorrect and the temp they took with their underarm thermometer was normal. Even though the room she was in was freezing and fan cooled. After being at home a few hours had to take her back as it was worse and couldn't manage the fever still at 40 with medicine, on arrival on the ward her temperature was taken and they said it was normal at this time i questioned their thermometers and asked for them to use another ear thermometer and it confirmed the fever. I have also had the same problem with another child who has the virus and also asthmatic so went by ambulance with breathing problems heart rate at 190 and the crew who took us confirmed the fever of 39 as well as thebreathing but yet again they used a auxillary under arm thermometer and said his temperature was fine and heartrate had decreased to 147 I questioned the thermometer due to how my child looked and the hca doing obs just walked away.the doctor in A&E said if he develops a temperature take him straight back he probably has a tummy bug as he was sick with the fever and breathing which has happened before as he has respiratory illness andwe know him. obviously I went to see a doctor elsewhere who haveprescribed antibiotics and steroids.shocking that these are children being sent home that need tobe helped or monitored, we were even refused medication as his temp wad fine. Make sure you question them if they use the auxillary thermometers on yourchild.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave at Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor understanding from the doctor.

I was sent here on a 2 week referral for my 12 year old daughter after the optician spotted something in her eye.
To to been seen by the doctor who didn't seem interested at all.
I am very concerned that he said I thin k it's just a birth mark at the rear of her eye.
When I tried to ask questions, the doctor really wasn't interested and just said they would discharge her after they took a photo.
The person who took the photo said it could be birth mark on cancer but they have the image now so if she has to come back they can see if it had changed.
Does that sound like a hospital what cards????

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

G gave at Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Women's Health

I attended the Women's Health Unit today for a d&c; I was also a patient in January for the removal of a fallopian tube& adhesions. I have to say that I am really impressed. The nurses take such good care of you and show you a great amount of dignity and genuine sympathy. Even though the NHS are pushed to the limit they do a wonderful job.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Anonymous reviewed Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

skin clinic

why does it take so long to get an appointment with the skin clinic my husband had one for the end of Sept which he has been waiting for several weeks it has now been pushed further on to the end of November and this was for a biopsy in all he will have waited over 3months if he still gets the one in November this is not good enough

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Jean roe gave at Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent consultant and nursing staff definitely the best

I cannot thank the consultant and doctors enoughfor the excellent treatment I received at the eye clinic and stroke clinic at the eye clinic at the chesterfield clinic. I would certainly recommend for their care. Also I was givin a MRI scan and although nervous the patience and kindness was also with you. Thank you so much.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 March 2017

It was lovely to read your comments about the care you’ve received here and that you would recommend us to others. The teams in stroke, ophthalmology and imaging will be really pleased to receive your post. I hope you’re doing well. Best wishes Sarah Turner-Saint head of communications

Cleanliness of the hospital

Having been visiting this hospital for several weeks now, I am shocked how dirty it is when it is meant to be a clinical environment and cannot beleive that this issue is not addressed with the cleaning staff. I have worked in several hospitals in various locations and can honestly say that this hospital is by far the dirtiest. I am not surprised that Norovirus is currently rife in this environment.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 09 December 2016

Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 December 2016

I was really sad to read your post as we usually have such a good reputation for standards of cleanliness. I hope you see my response as I’m sure the facilities team would appreciate talking to you to find out more about what you’ve seen whilst you’ve been coming into the hospital. If you could send me your contact details I would be happy to arrange for someone to call you to discuss the issues. Thanks for taking the time to send in your views Sarah Turner-Saint head of communications sarah.turner-saint@nhs.net or 01246 513193

Anonymous gave Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional Service

My daughter was admitted for hyperemesis onto WHU at the weekend and was seen and treatment began within an hour. I was very grateful for the care given and friendly staff on duty.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 August 2016

Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 August 2016

Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure the staff receive them and I hope your daughter is feeling much better after treatment. Kind regards Sarah Turner-Saint, head of communications