Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

01206 747474 Colchester General Hospital, Turner Road , Colchester, Essex, CO4 5JL

Mrs Sophie Gafney gave Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Such wonderful care and thought in every aspect of my care.

Today I had a hydrodilation procedure. I was extremely nervous and the Consultant treated me with the utmost care and listened to every concern I had and put me at ease. Their team in the treatment room couldn't do enough for me, they were all equally as attentive and considered every aspect of my care. I knew everything that was going on and was constantly asked if I was ok and was there anything I needed to make me more comfortable. I felt reassured, cared for and I could not have asked for better attention.This is why these wonderful people do their job because they truly care and love their job. They deserve only the very best in their future career and should be supported more by the NHS as valued and essential people that take care of us and our loved ones. Thank you!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Graham Stone gave Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Cataract Surgery @ Essex County Hospital - 21 August 2017

I would like to express my sincere thanks to the Opthamic Surgeon and all Nursing staff (ophthalmic team). The day of the surgery, before the surgery I was very anxious, daunted and fearing of going into the unknown. The surgeon and nursing staff really put me at ease and relaxed.

The ophthalmic team are real ambassadors to the hospital and showed real skill and professionalism in what they did, I couldn't have asked for better help or support.

I have already thanked the surgeon and nursing staff personally, I now can see 100%
better.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 28 August 2017

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

No follow up appointment

I had been seeing a thoracic consultant for over a year, as treatment didn't work I had a CT scan in march and never received a follow up and had to chase finally saw the consultant early July and CT scan showed bronciastasis and needed an urgent broncoscopy which was done on 31st July. As i'd had no follow up a three month appmt was sent so I didn't fall through the cracks again. a week later this was cancelled with no date given. The broncoscopy included a lung wash which I didn't know about. That night I came down with pleurisy. So far I've had no luck getting a follow up appmt with anyone.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 September 2017

I am really sorry to read about the on-going problems you're experiencing and the difficulty you are having at getting an appointment. Please contact our PALs (patient advice and liaison service) team at pals@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk or 01206 746448 and they will be able to aid with securing an appointment.

I hope the above information is helpful.
Melissa Dowdeswell
Deputy Director of Nursing
Colchester Hospital

Anonymous gave Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care received

After visiting Elmsted day unit yesterday I just wanted to write to say how pleased I was with the care I received.

All staff were so kind, cheerful and respectful.From the moment we booked in at reception and greeted with a smile to the nurses who asked " I wanted to take your blood pressure now if thats ok with you".

What a difference this kind and respectful attitude makes. All the medical treatment and procedures were explain to me clearly by the doctor, so I felt totally at easy with what was going on. When I was in theatre a lovely nurse chatted to me so I was distracted from the procedure. The theatre nurses made sure I was warm and covered up so my dignity remained.

I hope you will pass on my thanks to the nurses and doctors.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to comment on your recent visit to Elmstead Day Unit - it is heartening to read that it was such a positive experience for you.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your thanks to the nurses and doctors there, who I know will greatly appreciate your kind words.

Again, thank you.

Best Wishes

Mark Prentice, Head of External Relations

Wonderful Staff

I recently requested to transfer my care to Colchester from Ipswich Hospital. From the first phone call to the hospital, to my Consultants appointment, to treatment and all the in betweens ie blood tests, visit to pharmacy, I have been very impressed with your staff. They have been kind, considerate, friendly, positive and most importantly knowledgeable. Thank you all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Excellent caring doctor

I took an elderly friend (aged93) to the General Surgery outpatients clinic this afternoon. The doctor who saw her gave her their full attention, treated her with respect and made sure she understood all they said. They did not appear hurried or under pressure and gave us ample time. I was extremely impressed with their kindness and clinical skills.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 June 2017

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 July 2017

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients, their relatives or carers.

I would like to send your comments to the staff concerned, could you email me, copying and pasting your comments into the email please, so we can pass on your good wishes?

info@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk

Kayleigh. gave Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Colchester maternity.

I think triage are absolutely disgusting. I had a bad experience with them when I was pregnant in 2015 and now my sister is 35 weeks pregnant and can't get any help from them.

They do not care for mum or baby when it is needed and turn away so many of there patients. Pregnancy is very hard for some mums and when things change a need reassurance there is none.

My sister has fallen down the stairs and had a few other falls , she is in so much pain and maternity have left a risk to mum and baby but not even checking she's ok. Just kept saying it's braxton Hicks and told her not to leave her house .

Disgusting behaviour.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 May 2017

I apologise you’ve not had a good patient experience.

We would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences more fully and to apologise in person. If you are willing I would appreciate it we could contact you. Could you email me, copying and pasting your comments into the email please, and using the reference “NHS Choices”, please?

My apologies again
info@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk

Kevin Lacey gave Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent staff, great Hospital, can not fault experience

Very satisfied with with my experience at the hospital with my treatment by reception and medical staff, i found them to be very professional, caring and friendly, though overworked,tired and undrestaffed , can't praise them enough. Many many thanks. Kevin Lacey.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Anonymous reviewed at Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

Eye leaflet

I was referred to eye clinic by the walk in centre and offered an appointment in the afternoon,
Although I was seen almost 90 minutes later than the appointment time, the doctor who saw me was very thorough and reassuring.
I was given a leaflet about posterior vitreous detachment , which explained the condition , at the end of the leaflet ,the advice was to see an eye profffessional urgently if the vision was affected.
But there was no mention how to contact the eye department in case of further trouble ,It will be nice if there was a clear pathway for patients who have further trouble.
Grateful thanks to all NHS personnel involved.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 17 March 2017

Saved my sons life :-)

My son (2) was admitted by A&E, from the word go the staff were amazing! Doing one every couple of minutes, which then lead to my son going into children's ward, the nurses didn't leave my sons side, they told me what was happening and what may need to happen, they kept me in the loop at all times. My son had to then be transferred to addensbrook hospital to receive further care as cgh didn't have the facilities to ventilate, after a week my son returned to cgh where he was put in a side room, due to infection control, the doctors and nurses were outstanding and i couldn't of asked for better care for my son. I wish that the news would show all the positive about this hospital as the staff are truly outstanding and my son wouldn't be here today without you. Thank you x

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017