Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01268 524900 Basildon Hospital, Nethermayne , Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL

Anonymous gave at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thank you so much for looking after my mum when she was rushed to Basildon CTC on Friday 13th October 2017.

The nurses & doctors were amazing & they saved her life.

We are forever grateful

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Anticoagulant services

An efficient and effective service provided by the team at St Andrews. Well done!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 May 2017

We are pleased that your recent experience of care from the anticoagulation service at St Andrews was a good one. We will forward on your kind words to the team concerned.

Anonymous gave Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Under Staffed, Lack of appointments and Absolutely Useless

I have been having extreme difficulty with a Pilonidal Sinus removal, at first they were reluctant to do the procedure, even though the Sinus was extremely large, once they removed it they didn't check it properly and discharged me. 8 days later the fantastic nurses noticed that the fistula was still there and I had to fight in order to get an appointment in a reasonable time frame. At the appointment the doctor said they wanted to see me in 6 weeks time but now I'm being told that I have to wait another 4 months.

The Patient Liaison team always have their out of ours voicemail on, unlike others hospitals (trust me I've called over 10 hospitals and no other hospital does this) and their staff seem frustrated at me for calling.

I've never experienced such pathetic service in my life and I wouldn't recommend this hospital, even to my worst enemy.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 May 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and we are disappointed that you were unable to contact our PALS team to discuss this. Your comments have been shared with the departments concerned, to enable our staff to learn and improve our services to you. Once again we apologise for this inconvenience.

Anonymous gave Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Caring Professional Staff

My wife had visited the doctor, when her 1st cast was cut off.She then proceeded into the part of the plaster room where her 2nd cast was placed.
But the nurse was a credit to their profession and the Basildon NHS Trust.
Nothing was too much trouble as the nurse helped wherever they could.This also applied to all the other nurses who were working in that department on the day

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 May 2017

We are pleased that your recent experience of care in the fracture clinic at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. We will forward on your kind words to the staff there. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Sue gave Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

ENT Dept

I was at the ENT dept with my grandson a couple of weeks ago. My grandson had keloid scar tissue at the back of his ear that had grown to the size of a marble. His ear needed to be injected and he has a terrible needle phobia.He was seen by the doctor and nurse who couldn't have been more understanding. They both kept reassuring him and took pains to make him less fearful.
I was really impressed with both of them and particularly the doctor who was amazingly kind & patient with him.
My grandson eventually had his ear injected and may need further injctions. The doctor followed up his appointment by phoning to see how he was because they knew how traumatic the appointment was for him. Brilliant service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 March 2017

Thank you for your comments following your grandson's recent visit to the ENT department. It is always pleasing when relatives take the time to express their appreciation for the care and treatment provided to their loved ones, and were glad to hear that your grandson's experience was a positive one.
Our staff do a difficult job with skill and professionalism and comments such as yours are always very much aprpeciated. Your comments have been fowarded to the senior team to ensure all staff in the department are made aware of your kind words.
Thank you once again.

Anonymous gave Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Kind and caring environment

My brother Alan (67 years), who has lifelong multiple mental problems and lives in permanent 24 hour care, was admitted to Basildon Hospital recently with breathing problems and digestion issues. The staff at the hospital, faced with a highly demanding patient who has difficulties communicating effectively, were immediately concerned for his welfare, and showed a high degree of dedication in his care, often giving him one-on-one attention. They sought the advice of his carers as well as myself to assess Alan's everyday needs; as such he was able to adapt to what, for him, was a massive upheaval in his daily routine, and the extent to which the staff achieved this was both significant and admirable. A doctor was always available to give us updates on his treatment, and this information was delivered in clear and concise terms that were jargon free and thus easily understood. During his stay Alan spent time in a surgical ward (although he did not require surgery) and then another ward for convalescence. In total he spent five days in the hospital, responded well to antibiotics, as well as to the treatment for his digestive problem. At all times the nursing and auxiliary staff were courteous and efficient in their care of Alan, doing their utmost to make him feel at home and minimize the traumatic experience that he was undergoing. My only issue with his stay at the hospital is one which reflects the fact that the communication between the various personnel concerned could be better; the reason for this is that his carers and I were contacted several times requesting the same information - perhaps the sharing of information about him could have been done in a more effective way. This is only a minor criticism, however, in what was a truly splendid level of care for this highly unusual and needy patient. It is worth reporting that after returning to his home Alan spoke in praise of the kindness of the staff as well as the the fact that he liked the food! Altogether, his treatment at Basildon was very good indeed.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 February 2017

We are pleased that your Brother's recent experience of care at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. Time in hospital can be frightening with communication difficulties, and we're glad our staff were able to help. If you could contact the PALS department on 01268 524900 ext 4441 and let them know the ward name, we will happily forward on your kind words to the staff.

Charlotte Anslow gave Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Maternity Ultrasound Department - Excellent experience

I am currently expecting my second child and have had the 12 week and 20 scans and was really impressed with and grateful for the experiences I have had during this pregnancy.

The technicians were patient and professional and explained lots to me and my husband about the anatomy of the baby and were very thorough.

They were great with my little girl and helped to make her feel part of the experience explaining things clearly so that she understood what she was looking at as well.

I think the technicians do a fantastic job and are vital is making sure our babies are monitored so they are healthy.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Thank you for your recent comments following your maternity scans at Basildon Hospitals. We are pleased that your experiences, and that of your husband and daughter, were positive ones. Your comments have been forwarded to the maternity services team to ensure your kind words are shared with staff as appropriate.
May we take this opportunity to thank you once again and wish you all the very best.

tootledove reviewed Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Liver nures

I have been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and I have been treated so exceptionally well by the liver nurses and Consultant Dr Wright. I am very concerned to be told that they are reducing the amount of liver nurses to be able to help with treatment and advise. Every time I have seen the nurses they have been so kind, helpful and great with any worries I have had or have. They are always at the end of the phone if I have any concerns or worries, I think it will be a great wrong to start reducing them as they a very needed indeed.I am made to feel very comfortable and at ease, everyone was polite an kind to me.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 03 March 2017 using Care Opinion

Jennie Deeks, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 March 2017

Dear tootledove,
Thank you for your complimentary story regarding the liver nurses (this has been forwarded to them). Your care should not be compromised by any changes being made to the service, however if you do notice any changes, please don't hesitate to contact us in the Patient advice and liaison service on 01268 524900 ext 4441.

Peggysue gave Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very pleased

I would just like to say a very big thank you to all the staff at Basildon Hospital. My granddaughter was taken to A and E last night with an allergic reaction to peanuts at 6 months old we had no idea she was allergic. Everyone one from the Paramedics to the medical staff and right down to the member of staff who brought us tea and coffee were brilliant . Our experience was nothing but positive and we could not fault the care that we received. Once again thank you all so much.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 26 July 2016

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback following your granddaughter's recent visit to the A&E Department at Basildon Hospital. We are pleased to hear that it was a positive experience and hope that your granddaughter is much better. Your comments have been forwarded to the senior team responsible for the Paediatric A&E Department who will ensure that all staff involved in your granddaugher's care are made aware of your kind words.
May we take this opportunity to thank you once again for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

My husband suffered a stroke three weeks ago

I would like to thank all the staff from the A E dept the staff on the Louis pasteur ward for the excellent care they gave to my husband from the moment he had his stroke on the 25/06/16 at 7pm it took 9mins for the paramedic to arrive,the ambulance arrived shortly afterwards and the stroke team were waiting for him in the A E .T he staff were considerate,kind and informative it was a busy night with the nurses coping with drunks and very minor complaints but they were very good with my husband because of their care he has regained his full mobility so thank you Basildon for giving me my husband back kind Regards Lorraine.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 July 2016

Thank you for your comments following your husband's recent stay at Basildon Hospital. It is always pleasing when relatives take the time to express their appreciation for the care and treatment given to their loved ones and we were very pleased to hear that your husband's experiences in A&E and Pasteur Ward were positive ones and that he is recovery well.
Your comments will be forwarded to the senior teams to ensure that all staff involved in your husband's care are made aware of your kind words.
May we take this opporutnity to thank you once again and to wish your husband all the very best for his future good health.