Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

020 8546 7711 Galsworthy Road , Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 7QB

Vivien Adams gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit

Following a consultation in September I was referred for hand surgery which was scheduled for November. I cannot praise all staff who tended to me highly enough. From reception, nursing staff, doctors, anaesthetist and consultant I felt looked after and confident that my treatment was managed with the utmost professionalism. The hospital was clean and I was made to feel comfortable. Given I was really concerned about having surgery l cannot be more grateful. Thank you.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 08 November 2017

Anonymous gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing, professional and caring staff

Attended Gynae for pre-op assessment with the nurses. They were so professional and caring. They took time to answer all my stupid questions, helped me to schedule my operation and make me feel so comfortable. I felt like a private patient! Thank you!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

Clare F gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional service from Rhuematology nurses.

Further to my appointment with the rheumatology nurses last week, I wanted to praise their approach, commitment and thoroughness regarding my review of my arthritic condition. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year which was a shock and was anxious about the impact on me and how I would manage this condition whilst still maintaining full time employment and continue to meet the needs of my family, including my support my father with his changing health needs.
Although I have seen some very pleasant consultants since then, however, for the first time, my appointment with the rheumatology nurses was very informative and I was provided with far more detail on treatment options that would work better for me to manage my pain & stiffness. I felt listened to and felt more able to ask questions about about the effects and side effects of all the medication options discussed which helped me make suitable choices I can live with as these drugs can have various toxic side effects. I learned new information that I wasn't aware of before that will help me review better management of this debilitating condition.
The lead nurse was very responsive and for the first time my other health needs were also considered and further consideration around optimum treatment options were given to help me make the best decisions for me.
I was very well supported in making a decision on starting on inject-able Methotrexate and had to collect the new medications from the Boots pharmacy within the hospital and was advised to return back to the nurses on the same day to receive a demonstration as how to inject safely. I returned after a long wait with the pharmacy and the other nurse had waited for me and saw me straight away was very patient in providing a number of demonstrations of how to inject safely. I am quite anxious about this but the practical instructions and reassurance I received meant that I felt less anxious about proceeding ahead the weekly injections. During the appointment I was also provided the contact details of the nurses in case of any outstanding queries after my consultation.
I have since contacted the lead nurse who saw me on the above date and again they were very approachable and provided clear advice to my queries.
I appreciate all clinicians time is pressured in the current NHS climate but I want it to be known that both nurses were most professional, highly competent and very informative in their approach has made a big difference to me in my understanding and monitoring of my health needs. Thank you.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 04 December 2017

Excellent

Went to Kingston Hospital A&E at 7pm as my LO was complaining of arm pain and within 30 min had x-ray done and seen by the doctor, the nurses were excellent specially the 2 x-ray technicians who were struggling to hold my LO hand while doing the x-ray
Was on my way home within one hour
Would like to thank the whole team at AE on that shift.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Anonymous gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Inadequate care- they have a habit of leaving you high&dry!

Visited A&E through no other choice and was told by GP practice and walk in centres to head to A&E as I could have suspected appendicitis or trouble with my gall bladder. Throughout the whole process I was made to feel like I was wasting their time and wasn't treated with Curtisy and respect and was just left out in the corridor for all to see me in pain.
After a blood test and one irrevelant test, they said they couldn't find any reason for my pain and sent me home, telling me to go see my GP. Now I'll have to wait weeks to see my GP, and then a couple of more months for an ultrasound or CT to come through. All whilst I have to deal with this pain, and will probably be referred back A&E again - fantastic.
My Daughter is under Kingston's care as well and after having severe loss now affecting both ears and still suffering from dizziness...only to be told the scan showed no tumours, which yes is great but don't know what's causing her symptoms and to be told it's just one of those mysteries...I've now moved her to St Thomas' to be cared for and their team are a lot more switched on!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

Anonymous gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

A cataract of shambles

In late January 2017 I was referred to Kingston Hospital Ophthalmology Department because of two severe cataracts.
On March 13th assessed in clinic and told that the worst eye would be treated first and if all was well at follow up would proceed to do the second eye.
Offered a cancellation place at short notice and cataract procedure on first eye was performed on 18th March.
However at follow up on 13th April I was told that rules had changed. I would now have to be reassessed from scratch and rejoin queue.
July 13th after the new assessment I was accepted and put on waiting list for the second eye.
I was finding it difficult to juggle with the two unmatched eyes in the meantime.
Given appointment for treatment on 3rd October - made arrangements for travel, meals etc (I am 84). This was 26 weeks after the Department's own referral.
On 2nd October however I got two hospital phone calls. One was to check that I would attend. The second 4 hours later to say that my surgery was cancelled because "My file had been lost and surgeons would not operate without result of assessment."!
Given appointment for another repeat assessment on 10th October.
No idea when or if they will operate. It is already 34 weeks since my original referral and 26 weeks from the second referral and I have still got nowhere with the second eye. This is now going to have a third assessment - what a waste of time and money and what a shambolic organisation. And I fear that I will be back on the end of the waiting list again - all because they lost the file.
But the hospital web site still claims that 9 out of 10 patients are treated within 14 weeks of referral.If that is true then I must be particularly unlucky.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Gremio gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Praise for service

I had an appointment today in the Rheumatology Dept. of Kingston Hospital. I would like to thank the staff for their efficiency, courtesy and speed.

Great service, thank you.

John Horton

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

exceptional care from AEC team

Thank you to the AEC team who we visited recently.
The consultants went out of their way to explain everything to us patiently and clearly and being very compassionate and caring when we were upset.
We felt we were taken care of and didnt have to wait for blood tests or follow on xray that was needed. reception staff were also very helpful and approachable.
great team work by all.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

out patients x ray dept , excellent service on monday 17 /4

i received excellent service at the out patients xray dept on mon17th april.
no waiting, polite radigropher, clean rooms, excellent well done

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Anonymous gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Efficient A&E

I visited the A&E at Kingston hospital on 1 January with chest pains. I was triaged very quickly and blood pressure, ECG and blood for testing were all done within 20 minutes. I had to wait a bit more than an hour for the blood test results, but was then seen by a doctor and sent for a chest X-ray. I thought everything was handled very efficiently and all the staff were courteous and friendly with a caring attitude. The only delay came with the wait for a prescription but even so I was out within 3 hours after very good treatment. I was last there in 2008 when my treatment was so bad I had to make a formal complaint. I was very pleased to see that despite all the pressures on the NHS there had been a huge improvement. Thank you!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 01 January 2017