Marie Stopes International

1. Review titled Ignore the negatives

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 January 2020

Absolutely amazing. After having a lovely nurse monday who was genuinely disheartened she couldnt do my procedure due to shape of my womb she referred me to the EPAU 2 days later and the procedure was done that afternoon by a second lovely nurse. Lots of appointments so no long waiting time. Friendly laid back and no feeling of being judged. I really hope whoever goes with any service provider gets the treatment I have got. You made a difficult time a whole lot easier for me. Thank you

Visited January 2020

Replied on 09 January 2020

Thank you so much for this feedback, however you didn't name the clinic so I cant find the nurse to tell her. I will put this onto our managers meeting notes so that everyone will be able to see it and thank you once again for taking the time to post a comment. This will be helpful to anyone considering using our services.

2. Review titled Poor after care

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 December 2019

Ive rung several times for help and advice as ive been having alot of complications after a medical abortion. Passed from pillar to post... no appointents... but nurse said i must be seen?? Called today to offer me an appointment in manchester.... i live in birmingham with no transport.... all i got was a sorry see your gp after being messed around all week.... ruined my christmas and im still not sorted!! Feel like nobody cares!!

Visited December 2019

Replied on 07 January 2020

Thank you for your feedback and I'm very sorry you have had such a distressing experience. You don't say which clinic you spoke to or maybe it was the call centre. In any event please call the number again if you wish to discuss your complaint 03423008090 and again I apologise to you.

3. Review titled There for me from the very beginning

by Joy - Posted on 18 November 2019

Someone else on here described the service as 'faultless' and I couldn't agree more. I'm currently going through a common complication that can happen from medical abortion and have an infection. Marie Stopes were there for me 24 hours a day on their aftercare line and even rang my GP who was being difficult and got them to budge and get me an emergency appointment for antibiotics. The compassion the nurses at Marie Stopes show is genuine. They make you feel safe and supported for as long as you need after treatment. Thank you so much to all of the amazing staff and nurses, you are brilliant

Visited November 2019

Replied on 18 November 2019

Thank you for letting us know about your positive experience with MSI and the lovely comments about our One Call and Nurse Call team. They are dedicated to giving a professional service and are available 24/7. I will make sure this is passed on to the appropriate mangers and staff who will be really pleased to hear from you. I’m sure your comments will also be very helpful for other people who are thinking about accessing or preparing for our services and your feedback will be very reassuring for them.

4. Review titled Faultless

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 November 2019

I never leave reviews about anything but feel this deserves the time. It was very difficult to make the decision to end this pregnancy but felt confident that it was the right thing to do for all of us. I spoke to a very kind lady over the phone for my consultation who explained all my options and was given an appointment at the clinic in colchester to take the medical abortion pill. It was very clean, warm and friendly plus very discreet away from patients there for other reasons which was exactly what I needed!! The nurse there was amazing and so lovely she made me feel totally at ease. Unfortunately the medical pill was unsuccessful for me, the bleed I should have had never came, instead I had what was like a period. I had several phone conversations with various nurses on the 24 hour help line and each one was very kind, friendly and helpful. I was given an appointment at the clinic in buckhurst hill for a surgical abortion a week later and I must admit I was very nervous about having such an invasive procedure, I'm not good with anything like that!! From start to finish I was surrounded by very warm and friendly staff who were full of reassurance, from the receptionist to the surgeon and all the nurses in between FAULTLESS!! I was kept covered until I was put to sleep then woke up as if nothing had happened then given tea and biscuits and a pack of how to take care of myself over the next couple of weeks at home!! This is a very difficult time for everyone faced with this very difficult desicion and all involved from start to finish have been incredibly kind and caring. Amazing service from the Marie stopes team and a huge thank you for taking care of me so so well. Would highly recommend this service!!!

Visited October 2019

Replied on 18 November 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such lovely feedback, I will make sure this is forwarded on to our team. Everyone here at Marie Stopes UK is dedicated to our clients and we all work hard to provide high-quality care, so I’m glad you felt you had the best possible experience. Your comments will be very helpful for other people who are thinking about accessing or preparing to use our services. Please remember, if you have any queries, we’re always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0345 300 8090.

5. Review titled Ealing Clinic

by Olivia - Posted on 18 September 2019

I genuinely thought I’d be quite emotional and down after the procedure, I was also nervous of being in a room of strangers when feeling so fragile. HOWEVER because of nurses here I felt so happy and comfortable in the recovery room. They are amazing at what they do and I hate the fact that nurses don’t get paid what they deserve. These women were everything I needed and more, they made me laugh and feel so safe, I didn’t actually want to leave. No patient went unattended, there was 4 of us 2 of which were quite difficult and the nurses handled them with such consideration and patience whilst still making sure the rest of us were seen too. I observed them for a while and they are hard working women, nothing but respect and love for them. They are with out a doubt the reason this clinic is as great as it is. One thing I will say I wasn’t impressed with, whoever was responsible for putting a pad on me after my surgery, forgot. It wasn’t pleasant as they dress you in white netted knickers that don’t hold the blood very well. (But a massive thanks to the nurse who sorted me out straight away)

Visited September 2019

Replied on 18 September 2019

6. Review titled Waiting times ridiculous

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 October 2019

I was booked in for a appointment at 10.50am.i reached 5 mins early..I went to the reception informed them I was here..Within 5 minutes I was told to go and sit in the waiting room. So since my arrival not once have I been seen and told about the waiting time . This is personally very bad Proctor. I was hoping I be done and not having to wait around..I have children to be collected and I can't do anything ..

Visited September 2019

Replied on 02 October 2019

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry you have had a long wait for your appointment. We do all we can to prevent delays but it is sometimes out of our control with behind the scenes problems. You don't say which centre you attended but I'm sure if you ask to speak with someone in the clinic this will be addressed. Alternatively you can always speak with someone on our 24 hour helpline 0345 300 8090 who maybe able to contact the clinic for you.

7. Review titled Being referred to NHS hospital after consultation

by Vishwa - Posted on 21 July 2019

After finding out that my wife is pregnant with gestation period 9 weeks, we tried hard to get an appointment with Marie Stopes. Finaly got a consultation appointment 10 days after making first contact. On the day of consultation, my wife was told that pregnancy is 10 weeks 5 days and that they cannot perform the treatment at their clinic. We were devastated to hear this. She has not been given any convincing reply. Legally the procedure can be performed upto 26th week. We were told that we will be referred to NHS hospital. We are clueless as to why this is being done. We are very worried when we will be getting our next appointment date and how to get in touch with right authorities. The call center is helpful in answering the call, but unable to clarify our doubts. There is a lot of turmoil going on and the uncertainty is increasing it all the more. I always thought things would move quickly at this stage of pregnancy. All I request is to push our case with urgency as it will get difficult from here on with each passing day. If there is any other process to make things move fast it will be appreciated if we are made aware of it. My earnest request to guide us with the way forward.

Visited July 2019

Replied on 21 July 2019

Thank you very much for getting in touch. I’m sorry to hear you had difficulty arranging a suitable appointment. Unfortunately you don't say which clinic you visited or any details, however our team at One Call work had to meet the individual needs of each client and unfortunately sometimes they are unable to. I will make sure your feedback is passed on to the appropriate team. Thank you once again for getting in touch and I really do apologies for any inconvenience. For help with this problem please contact us on 0345 300 8090 24/7 and ask to speak to a manager.

8. Review titled Amazing treatment at the Buckhurst Hill Clinic

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 July 2019

I had a Medical Abortion at the Buckhurst Hill, Essex clinic. On arrival the receptionist was polite and welcoming. I then waited within the waiting area and was seen 10 minutes after my appointment time which is very reasonable. My nurse was extremely caring, sympathetic and thorough with what was going on. I had a pin prick blood test, scan and was given my tablet (I took one orally and inserted 4 internally). When I got home one of the tablets fell out but at this time I was already bleeding, called the helpline and they told me this was fine. 4 days later I was passing very large strange blood clots, I called again and within 10 minutes a nurse called me back we went through various questions and she told me it should be fine, she then called me back 2 hours later to check that everything was okay. I am only a week after having my abortion but wanted to comment on the excellent staff at Marie stopes on the call centres and within the clinic. They have made a very traumatic experience a lot easier.

Visited July 2019

Replied on 15 July 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such lovely feedback, I will make sure this is forwarded on to our team. Everyone here at Marie Stopes UK is dedicated to our clients and we all work hard to provide high-quality care, so I’m glad you felt you had the best possible experience. Your comments will be really helpful for other people who are thinking about accessing, or preparing for, our services, so thank you for that. Please remember, if you have any queries we’re always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0345 300 8090.

9. Review titled Lovely nurses!

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 July 2019

I attended the Birmingham clinic last week and I have to say after readying some of the reviews I was abit nervous but all the staff was fantastic so sympathetic and just generally lovely people all my worries went. Thankyou

Visited June 2019

Replied on 01 July 2019

10. Review titled 1 star because 0 wasn't an option

by Anonymous - Posted on 28 June 2019

Outside looked dirty and unkept. The waiting room was full of screaming children who were running around and making a mess where ever possible (despite all paperwork saying no children allowed). Finally went in an hour late (my appointment was 12:45 and didn't get called until nearly 2) just to be told my boyfriend wasn't allowed with me despite me asking him to be there multiple times. When I entered the room the paper covering on the bed was clearly dirty and I refused to sit on it until it had been changed. The nurse was uninterested and short with me throughout giving one word answers and not looking at me at all. When I tried to look at the screen of my scan she told me I wasn't allowed and to lie back down. After coming back from the toilet she handed me printouts of the scan for me to keep if I wanted (why would anyone want to keep this?!) I binned them. She handed me the paperwork to sign which I read through thoroughly and found multiple mistakes. For instance, the paperwork stated that the nurse would be inserting the tablets which was incorrect. It also stated that I would be having a half dose on the day and going back for the second which wasn't an option I was given. After refusing to sign the incorrect paperwork the nurse corrected it in pen and signed next to the corrections. She then gave me 4 tablets and told me to insert them myself behind a curtain. The space behind the curtain was so small it barely was big enough for the chair in there. When I came out she told me I'd have to wait an hour before I left (to ensure the tablets didn't fall out etc). I went back into the waiting room to wait with my boyfriend and within 5 minutes of waiting she told me to leave. Since leaving I have been in hospital through A&E 3 times in 2 months due to multiple infections and complications (one of which the doctor put down to the unclean conditions of the space). In my opinion the nurse had an issue with abortions and should not be working in a clinic that offers them. It has taken me over 3 months to get a negative pregnancy test and finally be discharged.

Visited April 2019

Replied on 28 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and although you don’t name the clinic I will ensure the senior management team are made aware of your comments. At MSI we take pride in providing all clients with the highest quality of service and care. I apologise that on this occasion that we failed to meet with your expectation If you feel you wish to discuss this further, please contact us on our 24-hour helpline 0845 300 8090