Marie Stopes International

1. Review titled Amazing

by Kayleigh - Posted on 21 March 2020

The process from start to finish has been the best I could ask for. Everyone has been so understanding which is so helpful as I hate being judged about my decision to abort. I was really nervous about my appointment as I didnt know what to expect. But my gosh the nurse was so lovely and really made me feel at ease. I would definitely recommend

Visited March 2020

Report review titled Amazing as unsuitable

Replied on 03 April 2020

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We at Marie Stopes try very hard to give a caring a professional service so the staff will be very appreciative of your comments. This will also be reassuring to anyone considering using our services so thanks for the recommendation.

2. Review titled Felt too transactional

by Anonymous - Posted on 06 February 2020

Went in for a medical abortion as a private client . However I wasn’t asked to make a payment at all until I went into the main consultation room for the actual procedure ( taking the pills ). Having already had my scan etc I was feeling quite fragile and nervous and didn’t appreciate one of the first questions being whether I have paid and to go back downstairs, pay and then come back up, when me and my partner did pay, I went back up and followed the instructions, the end felt very rushed and I would have liked a few more minutes of having my questions answered in a more detailed manner. Although I do understand payment is necessary I definitely don’t agree with how it was handled in this clinic. Other than that the overall service was pretty fast and most of the staff were efficient.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Felt too transactional as unsuitable

Replied on 06 February 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback and although you didn't give the clinic name I will ensure this is escalated to management. Scans have to be confirmed before payment in case it is negative. I'm sorry you felt rushed, however thank for the kind words about the staff who all work hard to give a great service.

3. Review titled such lovely people

by freya - Posted on 28 February 2020

i recently had a surgical procedure at the west ealing branch and every single person who i spoke to either over the phone or in person was so kind, helpful and genuinely caring, i had a phone consultation in which we spoke about my medical history and options. i then went to a medical assessment the next week which was very professional and the woman was lovely to me i never once felt uncomfortable throughout the process. after that i had my appointment for a surgical abortion just four days later and it went really well, there was a bit of a wait but it’s understandable that there are delays and afterwards it all went very quickly. they really make sure you understand every bit of the process and always check if you are ok throughout, i was so happy to wake up after just 20 minutes and feel almost completely fine! you get offered hot drinks and biscuits and a heat pack which is very comforting. you can leave very quickly assuming you are feeling ready and well and get given a little after care pack to leave with. all around i had such a nice experience here i wish i could personally thank every single person involved for making me feel so safe and taking away my stress, it really does mean a lot

Visited February 2020

Report review titled such lovely people as unsuitable

Replied on 03 April 2020

Thank you for such wonderful feedback. This will be most helpful to anyone contemplating using our services. The team in West London are very dedicated and always try to give an excellent service. I will ensure this is passed to the whole team in Ealing.

4. Review titled Didn't feel judged

by Anonymous - Posted on 28 February 2020

I've seen many negative reviews and I don't understand why. I went to the one in Bristol and everyone was so lovely. I didn't feel any judgement and they took the situation very seriously. They always make sure it's something that you want to do and no one is forcing you. At the end of the day it's about choice and they are very supportive of which every choice you make.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Didn't feel judged as unsuitable

Replied on 03 April 2020

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. All of our staff try very hard to give a caring a professional service so they will be very appreciative of your comments. This will also be reassuring to anyone considering using our services so thank you again.

5. Review titled Amazing care

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 February 2020

I promised myself I would leave a good review after reading all of the bad ones on here. I found out I was pregnant and instantly knew I didn’t want to keep it, I phone Marie stopes and they booked me on for an over the phone consultation the next day. After that I had an appointment for a medical abortion five days later at the Bristol clinic. I cannot express how easy my experience was. All of the staff from the call centre staff to all of the nurses in the clinic were brilliant. They treated me with sympathy and were not judgemental at all. The only thing I would say is when I had my ultra sound they left the picture of my scan hanging out of the machine so I could see it, I assume this was an accident. It didn’t bother me seeing the scan but I can imagine if it was a hard choice to go to the clinic this would have been hard. They provided me with an anti sickness tablet and talked me through what was going to happen after taking the pills. I was in and out within 2 hours. Thankyou so much Bristol team, you made a traumatic experience as easy as it could be.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Amazing care as unsuitable

Replied on 27 February 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm sure the Bristol team and our call centre staff will be very appreciative that you took the time to give such great feedback. This is also helpful to anyone considering using our services so thank you again.

6. Review titled Ignore the negatives

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 January 2020

Absolutely amazing. After having a lovely nurse monday who was genuinely disheartened she couldnt do my procedure due to shape of my womb she referred me to the EPAU 2 days later and the procedure was done that afternoon by a second lovely nurse. Lots of appointments so no long waiting time. Friendly laid back and no feeling of being judged. I really hope whoever goes with any service provider gets the treatment I have got. You made a difficult time a whole lot easier for me. Thank you

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Ignore the negatives as unsuitable

Replied on 09 January 2020

Thank you so much for this feedback, however you didn't name the clinic so I cant find the nurse to tell her. I will put this onto our managers meeting notes so that everyone will be able to see it and thank you once again for taking the time to post a comment. This will be helpful to anyone considering using our services.

7. Review titled Quick and caring

by Anonymous - Posted on 28 January 2020

After reading a few reviews on other clinics I was getting a little anxious. However I cannot fault the lady that saw me at Wimbledon. She was really lovely and kept me laughing and smiling despite the reason I was there. She turned a horrible thing into something that wasn't that bad. I have attended BPAS before and had to wait 5 hours to be seen and then sent away to come back for treatment. With Marie Stopes I had an initial telephone consultation and then my appointment a week later. I got to the clinic and literally sat down and was asked in within minutes of arriving. I was done and sent on my way within 20 minutes and left feeling relieved. The lady told me I wasn't alone and could receive counselling for up to 6 months after treatment should I need which I feel is really excellent. Please don't be put off, Marie Stopes really is the best and really helped me and my family when we couldn't have another baby.

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Quick and caring as unsuitable

Replied on 06 February 2020

Thank you so much for this lovely feedback. We at Marie Stopes try very hard to ensure all clients leave with a positive experience. I will ensure the Nurse in Wimbledon is made aware of this and this is also helpful to anyone considering using our services. Thank you very much.

8. Review titled Can not fault any nurses!

by Devon - Posted on 29 January 2020

I honestly being here have been put at ease, the nurses were amazing! I would honestly like to thank you all for being so great at you’re job!

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Can not fault any nurses! as unsuitable

Replied on 06 February 2020

Hi and thank you for such lovely feedback. You don't name the clinic, however I'll read this out at the management meeting so everyone will hear it and know they are appreciated.

9. Review titled Poor after care

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 December 2019

Ive rung several times for help and advice as ive been having alot of complications after a medical abortion. Passed from pillar to post... no appointents... but nurse said i must be seen?? Called today to offer me an appointment in manchester.... i live in birmingham with no transport.... all i got was a sorry see your gp after being messed around all week.... ruined my christmas and im still not sorted!! Feel like nobody cares!!

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Poor after care as unsuitable

Replied on 07 January 2020

Thank you for your feedback and I'm very sorry you have had such a distressing experience. You don't say which clinic you spoke to or maybe it was the call centre. In any event please call the number again if you wish to discuss your complaint 03423008090 and again I apologise to you.

10. Review titled There for me from the very beginning

by Joy - Posted on 18 November 2019

Someone else on here described the service as 'faultless' and I couldn't agree more. I'm currently going through a common complication that can happen from medical abortion and have an infection. Marie Stopes were there for me 24 hours a day on their aftercare line and even rang my GP who was being difficult and got them to budge and get me an emergency appointment for antibiotics. The compassion the nurses at Marie Stopes show is genuine. They make you feel safe and supported for as long as you need after treatment. Thank you so much to all of the amazing staff and nurses, you are brilliant

Visited November 2019

Report review titled There for me from the very beginning as unsuitable

Replied on 18 November 2019

Thank you for letting us know about your positive experience with MSI and the lovely comments about our One Call and Nurse Call team. They are dedicated to giving a professional service and are available 24/7. I will make sure this is passed on to the appropriate mangers and staff who will be really pleased to hear from you. I’m sure your comments will also be very helpful for other people who are thinking about accessing or preparing for our services and your feedback will be very reassuring for them.