South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust

0191 4041000 South Tyneside District Hospital, Harton Lane , South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE34 0PL

Ann Darling gave South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Nursing care

I would like to commend the nursing care provided for my husband by both the district nurses and the palliative care team. They were outstanding in their commitment to making him as comfortable as possible. Their calm professional and friendly approach eased a very difficult time and my family and I would like to thank them most sincerely.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Thank you for providing feedback following the care your husband received from South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust Community Services. I am pleased to learn of your experience following the care he received from the District Nursing Service and Palliative Care Team.

The Trust is grateful for your feedback, whether positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients. Your kind comments will be shared with the Head of Nursing to share with the teams on your behalf.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Telephone: 0191 404 1072

Anonymous gave South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

disgraceful

first of all the staff in A+E where amazing esp one member of staff who really was amazing even came to check to see if i was ok on her break ! I spent three nights in hospital on ward 7 which a nurse came into my bay at visiting time and spoke about a very personal matter in front of everyone, they didn't shut curtains etc, the staff member was sent home straight away and i will be ringing pals and righting a formal complaint straight away too, i have never in all my life felt so embarrassed or ashamed in my whole life, where is the compassion, care and communication towards patients, i really hope something seriously is done about this matter, i am glad i've been sent to the RVI for further treatment, if this was the other way round and it was a patient speaking to a staff member like that we wont be aloud treatment! so same should go to staff.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for providing feedback in relation to your recent experience with South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust. We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the service which we provided and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further.

If you would like to contact our Customer Services Department on 0191 404 1072 or e-mail customer.services@stft.nhs.uk, a member of the team will take the necessary details and ensure that these are passed on for further investigation.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it helps us gain an understanding of what is important to our patients. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Anonymous gave South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

First class care, thank you

A 92 year old relative has recently spent two weeks in Ward 2. Admission was initially through the GP and acute nursing team followed by paramedics and the ambulance service - all were excellent. On arrival at A and E the patient was quickly seen by excellent doctors and nurses. During the 2 weeks on Ward 2 the care and attention from the consultants, junior doctors, nurses and all other staff was second to none. We are extremely grateful for all of their care and very professional approach. The Ward was spotlessly clean and it was clear that all staff worked well as a team to the benefit of the patients. This is difficult and tiring work but my view is they do a very good job. Thank you.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 January 2017

Thank you for providing feedback following your relative's stay on Ward 2 at South Tyneside District Hospital. We are very pleased to learn that you were happy with the care and treatment provided to your relative and are pleased to hear of your positive experience.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it helps us to gain an understanding of what is importance to our patients. Your kind feedback will be shared with our Business Manager to ensure that this can be shared with the relevant staff.

We hope that your relative is feeling much better and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on NHS Choices.

Sheleen Sheils gave South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent emergency service

I self-presented to A&E, November 2016, with acute abdominal pain seen immediately by the A&E consultant, referred to Surgery. Emergency surgery proformed by a surgeon and their team. No complaints only praise. Right service at the right time by the right people.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 January 2017

South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for providing feedback following your recent admission to South Tyneside District Hospital. We are very pleased to learn that you were happy with the care and treatment provided to you and we are pleased to hear of your positive experience.

We hope that you are feeling much better and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on NHS Choices.

Gary Elliott gave South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Orthopaedic specialist

I have just waisted 8 days in south Tyneside hospital there was no room on the orthopaedic ward so I am in another ward I will start by saying the nursing staff was great and they helped me a lot.
Now about me I have had a back operation quite a few years ago and on a lot of occasions I get pain in my back but after 3/4 I control it and I'm back to work this time I have had pain in my back for 8 weeks but the back team couldn't pick up on anything with the MRI scan which they did the first day I came in. so for 8 days they have filled me up with pain killers this morning the specialist came round and told me really I shouldn't be here because there is nothing they can do for me so really I have waisted 8 days where nothing has been achieved. Oh yes I'm going home today with exactly the same pain I came in with I just want to thank the nurses and for the the back specialist thank u for nothing

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 06 May 2016

South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 July 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to South Tyneside District Hospital.

I am very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with treatment that you have received from the Orthopaedic Department. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further to enable a full investigation of the concerns that you have raised. If you would like to contact our Customer Services Department on 0191 404 1072 or e-mail customer.services@stft.nhs.uk a member of the team will take the necessary details from you.

I am pleased to learn that you were happy with the care you have received from the nursing staff on the ward and I can assure you that your kind words are shared with the Business Manager to share with the team on your behalf.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as we gain an understanding of what is important to our patients.

CathR gave South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Podiatry Service Home Visit.

I feel that this service lacks management control and or supervision. the recommended home visit interval period is 12 weeks, the actual visit time is approximately 7 months. (Last visit October 2015, next visit June 2016) and this was only because I telephoned and complained. I made a formal complaint to this service approximately two years ago and it would appear to be getting worse. No alternative other than to make an official complaint to the Quality Care Commission

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 20 May 2016

South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 July 2016

I am very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your experience with the Podiatry Service and we will ensure your feedback is shared with the Business Manager.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further to enable a full investigation of the concerns that you have raised. If you would like to contact our Customer Services Department on 0191 404 1072 or e-mail customer.services@stft.nhs.uk and a member of the team will take the necessary details from you.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Anonymous gave South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

go somewhere else

the treatment, care and services provided at south tyneside have declined greatly over the past few years. I would not wish to be treated there nor would i wish for any member of my family to be treated there. Also pushing/forcing patients to go to Sunderland Hospital is causing more problems not easing them, causing more stress to any patient.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 04 March 2016

South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 July 2016

I am very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your experience on this occasion and we will ensure your feedback is shared with the Divisional Director of clinical services.