The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

01709 82 0000 Rotherham Hospital, Moorgate Road , Rotherham, S60 2UD

Anonymous gave The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery

Broke my wrist on the 20th July, my husband took me to A@E, there was a 3hr waiting time, but I could not fault the staff that night, as they were very busy, I was admitted for day surgery in the 6th August, as my bone on my wrist was still moving, , and the pot cast was not doing anything, , I would like to thank everyone in facture and plaster clinic for all their Care, , I would like to thank the consultant, theatre staff, , anesthesias, recovery nurse, porter, Keble ward they looked after me brilliantly, I cannot thank them enough, , keep up the good work, they are a credit to the NHS thankyou

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Samantha Robinson, Head of Patient Experience, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 September 2017

Dear Anonymous
Hello my name is Samantha, thank you for taking to time post such kind comments on NHS Choices. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the care and treatment your received from all our staff working in the both the Emergency and Day Surgery departments. Your positive experience will be fed back to the teams and I know they will be greatly appreciated.
With best wishes

Disappointed reviewed The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Patient Experience Team - not helpful

I have contacted the Patient Experience Team to help with a very small matter. Unfortunately I found them to be rude and quite condescending on the telephone. They seem to be dead set against patient's being involved in their own care and obstructive rather than helpful A very poor experience of this particular team unfortunately which is in direct contrast do my experience of medical and clinical staff I have seen at Rotherham hospital over the years.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 24 May 2017

Samantha Robinson, Patient Experience and Complaints Manager, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2017

Dear disappointed
I am really sorry that it has been necessary for you to raise these concerns but I was grateful for the opportunity to address the matter as Line Manager and Head of Service personally. As you have also contacted the Patient Experience Team hope that my response and actions have assured you that the matter has been addressed and your concern resolved.
Best wishes

Lizzidrip reviewed The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Emergency Dentist Sheffield

My brother in law developed a tooth abscess and was in severe pain while staying with us in Sheffield over bank holiday weekend. It took 6 hours and several calls to be phoned back by 111, we were then phoned by a centre in Doncaster who said no appts for 2 days. He had had max pain relief and was in agony. He then rang his own emergency care centre in Carlisle, , who do not use 111 but have their own access number. A three hour journey back to Carlisle, and an 8pm appointment led to a tooth removed, abscess dealt with, antibiotics. why why, cannot someone in pain be dealt with within 48 hours in Sheffield.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 29 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Samantha Robinson, Patient Experience and Complaints Manager, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 May 2017

Dear Lizzidrip
I note that your are raising your concerns on behalf of your borther in law. I welcome the opportunity to discuss these concerns in more detail and should he wish to do so please advise him to contact the Patient Experience Team on 01709 424461 in the first instance.

Major647 reviewed The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

The TB nurse was very excellent and good cared person. She helped and supported my family members, We are very much appreciated regarding her support and good caring. We are very proud about her attitude and behaviour to us. Thankyou very much “keep it up”
From the family members.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Samantha Robinson, Patient Experience and Complaints Manager, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 April 2017

Dear Major647
Hello my name is Samantha, thank you for taking to time post your kind comments on Patient Opinion. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the care and treatment your relative received by our TB Nurse. I will ensure that your positive comments are fed back to her, which I am sure will be greatly appreciated.
With best wishes

Lynn Williams gave The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

rheumatology dept

I have been a patient of the Doctor in rheumatology for over ten years since they diagnosed me as having diffuse systemic sclerosis (scleroderma).The treatment I have received has been excellent. It was arranged for me to go to The Royal Free hospital in London who specialise in this strange illness.i have regular tests in medical physics for breathing tests, ultrasounds in cardiology and monitoring of my blood and ecg tests. Occupational health were amazing and provided me with simple gadgets to help me in my day to day living.All in all I class myself very fortunate to be in the care of these lovely people.kind regards.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 10 December 2015

The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 December 2015

Hello my name is Kerry, thank you for your post on NHS Choices. We really appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you feel that the treatment you have received from our Rheumatology Service has been excellent and that you feel fortunate to be in the care of our colleagues. Your feedback will be passed onto the staff concerned. With best wishes.

Bill Govan gave The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Everthing you want and some you never thought of.

What does the trust do for us?
A dentist service we have used for more years than I care to remember that maintains our dental health but never ''upsells'' things we do not need.
A GP service that goes above and beyond to provide ''service''. Non-urgent appointments are still timely, a slot for an urgent consultation is always sorted. We have regular monitoring of bloods, blood pressure, flu jabs etc and get calls to remind us. Doctors who have your records and take you seriously even if it is only paranoia over a mole.
A walk-in centre for life's little mishaps and ancillary services and as a better alternative to A & E when a visit to the surgery is not viable.
Invites to screening I had not heard of (Aortic Aneurism).
Last but not least, Rotherham Hospital. Luckily, our experience of the hospital has been minimal. The Medical Science Dept. looks after my sleep apnoea with regular checks and instant solutions to any problems and never being more than a couple of minutes late on appointments. Our medical needs have been taken care of with efficiency, dignity, caring and happiness. The staff are wonderful and even the food is good. The parking, though still problematic is improving and the modernisation looks fine.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 28 October 2015

The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 November 2015

Hello my name is Kerry. Thank you for your feedback on NHS Choices. We are very happy to hear that you feel that at Rotherham Hospital, all of your medical needs have been taken care of with efficiency, dignity, caring and happiness. Your kind comments will be passed onto the staff concerned. With best wishes.