Barts Health NHS Trust

020 3416 5000 Trust headquarters, Executive Offices, Ground Floor, Pathology and Pharmacy Building, The Royal London Hospital, 80 Newark Street , London, E1 2ES

Anonymous gave Barts Health NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Worst unprofessional services

The process of getting an appointment or simply someone on the phone at the Radiology/Imaging Dept. has been the worst I've experienced, it's slow and failing.
Called multiple times without being able to get through reception. More than 2 months after my GP referral I got a letter telling me my appointment would take place in 3 days on a Sunday! I've called to re-schedule and I have been told this wasn't possible and that I would need to get a new referral from my GP... starting the whole process again.
Extremely disappointed by the services provided to patients...

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Anonymous reviewed Barts Health NHS Trust

Visit to Ambulatory Care at Whipps X : 8 September 2017

Following surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome on 27 July 2017 I was referred to Ambulatory Care at Whipps X hospital by my GP due to concerns about the healing process. This visit, on 8 September 2017, was very reassuring and all staff showed great kindness and went out of their way to assist me..

Mrs Margaret Danzelman

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

PF gave Barts Health NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very grateful

Our four year old daughter was recently treated as a daycase in pediatric ENT. She suffered with obstructive sleep apnoea. Our whole family was affected by this condition for a very long time always battling constant tiredness, her low mood, forever runny nose, and simply watching her try and breathe at night was heartbreaking.
Once referred by the GP we were faced with a long wait for the initial appointment, however there was a very understanding and kind member of staff at the central appointments who explained us to keep ringing and ask for cancellations which we did. We managed to get an appointment within two weeks. After that we saw a doctor who was very kind and professional towards us and parents but also towards our 4 year old. Again we were told it can be up to 18 weeks for an appointment. Thank you to the member of staff at the pre-assessment bookings who was also very kind and supportive. Luckily she was operated on within a month from seeing a doctor at the first appointment.
Thank you to the anaesthetist and the surgeon doctor, there were both incredibly caring, kind and patient centred as well as reassuring. Also not to forget the play specialist, I was never sure about what their role was but actually proved invaluable when practicing 'blowing bubbles' into the breathing mask before surgery. I felt very emotional and worried when our daughter was given the sleeping gas but the nurse held my hand and said to me 'you are doing a good job mum' the nurse looked at me with care and at instance I knew she was in good hands. This was in the morning and we were home late afternoon that day. Her recovery took full 15 days with a lot of pain and a visit to the GP but now she is as good as new and now we can finally enjoy our summer. Her speech, appetite and even confidence are better than before surgery and there is no more tiredness in the mornings!

So thank you for giving us a new start and all the care and kindness.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 August 2017

Mr. Marin gave Barts Health NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Very poor level of care

Was in A&E with severe locomotor problems, kept for 12 hours being wheeled around/walking on my own although I recently underwent an operation, first they suspected I had a stroke, I was sent to the emergency treatment room, after which they kicked me off and decided I didn't have a stroke. Then I was kept for more tests which never happened only to be released at 2AM at night to go home.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Gyantee Domun reviewed Barts Health NHS Trust

DISCHARGE SUMMARY

I had a bypass on the 8th of May 2017 at Barts Hospital. I was discharged on the 14th May. It will be nearly three weeks since the discharge that my GP and myself are waiting for the discharge summary. I have called several times to Barts Hospital each time I'm being transferred from one department to another. I would really appreciate if I can be helped in that respect so that I can receive the right treatment which is to follow after the surgery.
Gyantee Domun

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Anonymous gave Barts Health NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Birth of child

We had our third child at whipps cross hospital in Leytonstone on the 18th of march 2017 and I would like to say the service was exceptional. Our midwife's expertise and attitude was fantastic I cannot thank them and a trainee midwife enough. They are a credit to their profession.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

pamela.scipio reviewed Barts Health NHS Trust

Unsatisfied Service of Department

I work for another Trust and have been trying to get hold of their Neurology Department at the Royal London Hospital since the 1st February 2017. The consultant I work with needs information from their Neurology Department to make a decision as to how to treat a former patient of theirs. Finally having gotten through on the 9th February to someone I was told that they are very busy and cannot deal with everything but will try to send me the information by fax. As of this date I am still waiting for the information. I have since then rang them three more times and still no one is picking up the phone in the Neurology Department. Until we receive the information needed the consultant is unable to make a decision regarding this patient.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Stefka gave Barts Health NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

In the midst of all scary news stories around the NHS being stretched to breaking point... I would like to take the opportunity to thank the fantastic team at Barts Health NHS Trust, Continuing Care Team, Community Health Services who have given me exemplary customer service!

On arrival at Mile End Hospital I was lost as it was my first time at Mile End. 3 members of staff came to me and asked to help. The person from reception escorted me to ensure I am at the right place. A man from Tower Hamlets CCG went out of their way to provide me with the necessary information. Everyone was helpful and made me feel at ease. The hospitals can be difficult places to find your way around but my experience was positive and informative.

I want to say thank you to the Continuing care team and praise them for the work they do. They do their utmost to ensure a fast, efficient service and avoid unnecessary delays. I am extremely impressed by their professionalism and the difference they make to the patients they care for!

I do have confidence and trust in Barths Health NHS Trust! Thank you

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

Anonymous gave Barts Health NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Completely unsatisfied

I booked a slot day before my appointment, and I was happy because usually you have to eait ages with the "walk in". So I went to the appointment (3:30pm) and I had to wait more than one hour to take my contraceptions (i'm already register here, and it's so stupid that every three months you have to make an appointment to have your contraception again!). Can you tell me what's the point to let us book a slot if is not going to be at the time that you booked?! Completely disappointed I had to leave, because obviously I have something else to do after 1 hour waiting.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 25 January 2017

Anonymous gave Barts Health NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Patients being deliberately put at risk

I have visited RLH and SBH on numerous occasions over the last three months and I noticed people offering free flu jabs to staff, and explaining about why they should have it. I thought was a really good idea. I am however, completely dissatisfied and disheartened to find the MHS staff, especially nurses, and doctor were refusing to have this, and coming up with feeble excuses not to. I heard it being explained to them about the fact that by not having it, their patients are vulnerable to a potentially serious and life threatening virus which can easily be prevented. I wouldn't want to be treated by someone if they refuse to have that flu jab as I don't want my health put at risk, thank you very much.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 February 2017