Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01270 255141 Leighton Hospital, Leighton , Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 4QJ

G Anonymous gave Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Modern and relaxing

Every single person I dealt with at the Leighton Treatment Centre made my colon examination under general anaesthetic a relaxing and I'd even say enjoyable experience!

If I had a wishlist of things I wanted my treatment to have, today contained all of them.

- Clean and modern professional feel
- Organised
- Empathic and considerate staff but not condescending
- Receptionist, welcoming and made things simple
- Walking into the treatment lounge, greeted by friendly 'nurses'
- Booking-in nurse, calm and friendly and interested in me
- Registrar, amazingly calming and human!
- Anaesthetist, professional and gave me confidence
- 'Orderly', completely put me at ease - they did a fantastic job of explaining precisely what the anaesthetic team will do when we get in there --that prepared me perfectly
- The anaesthetic team were so relaxed and friendly I was almost getting happy to be there!
- The recovery room was a peaceful place to be
- The nurse in the recovery room 'made my day' - they were amazing to talk to and gave me the care and attention and company I needed. As well as answering all of my questions and being fun!
- The nurses that looked after me as I waited to go home were exceptional. I wish they had told me sooner that if I just did a wee I could go home - I could have been home an hour or so earlier :-)
- The surgeon. As ever they were everything you want from someone that you feel 'has your life in their hands'. I felt they were as pleased, if not more so, as me about the results. The compliments to the surgeon are a review in its own right!

I just can't fault Leighton.

Thank you.

I feel so much better prepared for what the future might hold with my treatment.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Nursing care is abominably

My parent was left in own faeces and wet bed for 7 hours
No one came when they rang the bell
Unable to move due to pain
Forgot to attach a stomach bag
Left in a chair unable to get up as fear of collapse
Nursing care is poor and they need to read the NMC code
A complain will be going to the highest authority

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

We are sorry to hear about your parents experience
In order for us to investigate this further can I ask that you contact the customer care team on 01270 612410 to discuss this further.

Sue Pickup / Rachel Good
Patient Experience Manager

Carole Winstanley gave Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Bowel cancer Screening Programme

I am fortunate that my GP practice has signed up to the Bowel Cancer Screening programme for people aged 55. I have recently attended for the actual screening and have since written to both the Regional and Leighton Screening Managers to provide 100% positive feedback on this programme. I cannot praise this service enough. All information from start to finish was received in a very timely manner, was very easy to understand and thoroughly explained the process and exactly what would happen and when and all timescales were met. Attending for the actual appointment was obviously a bit daunting having never had anything like this done before but all the staff were amazing and showed the utmost care and compassion and again explained everything including the aftercare and reporting, the actual procedure didn't take very long and due to the skills and professionalism of the staff wasn't even embarrassing. I think it's so important to offer praise where it's due and this service is an excellent example of fantastic NHS care. Well done and Thank you Mid Cheshire Hospital.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 28 January 2017

Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 October 2017

We welcome the very positive feedback from the participant of the Bowel Scope Programme. We understand the anxiety that individuals may experience when being offered the Bowel Scope Test and strive to make their pathway as smooth and reassuring throughout. We are extremely pleased that the participant found the processes within the programme in a positive light and that the members of the team where professional and helpful throughout.

Lee Martin Findler
Clinical Nurse Manager

Andrew gave Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Response at Northwich Victoria Infirmary on a Sunday

On Sunday the 30th of October 2016 I arrived at Northwich Infirmary having come from leading a service at the Methodist Church in Davenham. I felt very poorly and having driven from the church and was not sure if I’d get back to Comberbach. In any case I felt I needed help. I arrived round 1130-1145am I would think. The receptionist was alert, helpful and sympathetic. Very swiftly staff ascertained that I was having a heart attack, called an ambulance and sent me off to the Stoke University Hospital (North Staffs as I had known it).
I shared what you did and how you cared for me with a friend who is a retired medical consultant. His judgment was that what you did could not have been improved on. He is not someone who always offers praise easily!
The care, sensitivity and, above all, professional skill was and is so much appreciated. I think I was greeted with, ‘this is only a minor injuries department but we’ll have a look at you’! What was done was rather more than that and with what could not be described as a minor injury!
I was taken from here to North Staffs and by 3pm I had had two stents fitted and was back on the ward. On the following Tuesday I was discharged – again the care had been exemplary – and I’m now undergoing cardiac rehab in Northwich Infirmary which is, again exemplary. I anticipate having two more stents fitted during March.
The actions that were taken in October and subsequently effectively, saved my life.
What is done at the Infirmary is of inestimable value as is its presence within our community.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 01 March 2017

Anonymous gave Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Scary 24 hours but staff support and treatments was amazing

I came into A&E and was triaged very quickly and into assessment within about 15 minutes. Within 90 minutes I had had a CT scan and blood tests and been not just assessed but supported and communicated with well. By this time I was being reassured that they thought I was probably ok but they wanted to rule out several things so would admit me. There was a bit of a wait for a bed but the staff kept me informed of what was going on and assured me that a bed would be found on a ward for me. I went up to the ward about 11pm and was welcomed by the nurse who made sure I was comfortable before letting me sleep. The ward was noisy with one very disturbed patient screaming and shouting but the nurses did their best to keep the environment calm. In the morning I was offered a towel and offered help to get washed or showered. Everyone who I met was very kind, took their time to ensure I was ok even though staff were busy. I saw the consultant at 8am who took their time to explain their thoughts and what the plan of treatment was. The consultant warned me there could be delays getting a scan but in the end I had an MRI by lunchtime plus other diagnostic tests. In the end I was discharged about 5pm once all the test results were back. This hospital does an amazing job and the staff from the porters, to the nurses and doctors are unfailingly calm, warm and compassionate despite being under a lot of pressure with so many patients to see.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 25 July 2016

Anonymous gave Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Kept waiting far too long

Last Thursday I went to the Macmillan Centre for my fortnightly chemotherapy treatment. My appointment was for 10.30 but I was not seen till 12.50 with the result that I did not leave the hospital till 18.15pm. There were others there who were forced to stay even longer. It was evident that too many patients had been booked for too few cubicles and I understand this is an ongoing problem. It is treating the patients with disdain as if we had nothing better to do than sit about waiting for treatment. It is true you have us at your mercy - we are ill and we need the treatment - but please treat us with thought and dignity.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 20 April 2016

Anonymous gave Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day patient at the Treatment Centre

I attended the Treatment centre today for a minor operation. From start to finish the care I received was excellent. It was so well organised. Every member of staff I encountered were friendly caring and compassionate. I cannot praise the centre highly enough.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 02 February 2016

Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent again!

For the second time in just over 12 months I had cause to visit the Breast Care Unit & once again I could not fault them. Within 10 days of visiting my GP with a concern I had been seen by a consultant, had a mammogram & scan and been given the "all clear " . Without exception absolutely everyone is wonderful! From the receptionist to the consultant radiologist & all the staff in between everyone does their utmost to put you at ease & make what is not a very pleasant experience as "pleasant " as possible! I work in the health care sector & have private medical insurance but I know for definite that I would not have been treated as well anywhere else. Thank you so much!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 20 January 2016

Anonymous gave Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

early morning admission with chest pain

Prompt, kindly ambulance crew, approx 3.30 am
Calm, prompt attention in A&E.
Taken to assessment unit where staff also calm, caring, efficient.
Once necessary time lapse from initial blood taken, Consultant came to discuss results, which fortunately were negative re the heart attack which might have been! They were also most considerate and reassuring. I was discharged, fit and well, about 5pm.
My son, also a hospital doctor, was with me from about 9am so of course interested in my whole experience. We both feel it could not have been better.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 13 November 2015

Mrs Claydon reviewed Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Following my recent visit I was left feeling humiliated

Unfortunately have just had my third visit (20/11/15) to the breast care clinic following an initial referral by my GP, then followed by a very caring professional Doctor in the Macmillan Centre. Following a thorough examination they explained they didn't think the lump was of concern but explained what the options would be to deal or disperse of it.

At the Breast clinic I was seen by a different doctor who carried out an ultra sound on my breast. This was the same doctor I had seen in June this year for an issue with my left breast.

I was anxious of seeing this doctor again and felt they were flippant in attitude and didn't give me time to fully explain my symptoms and findings. Although the other Doctor in the Macmillan Centre had marked on my breast where they had felt the lump I feel this doctor's manner of questioning the fact was, 'I have heard all this before'.

The doctor completed the ultra sound in minutes, gave their opinion and rushed straight out of the room. I was left feeling humiliated. I had been extremely anxious as expected with such a personal issue but there was no compassion whatsoever, with respect how on earth could they know how women feel about such a sensitive issue.

The nurse present did try to appease me.

Unlike all the staff and especially the Doctor in the Macmillan Centre, whom I can not praise enough, this doctor at the clinic gave no comfort just compounded my feelings.

It has left me numb and cautious of reporting any issue in the future in fear of going through the trauma of such uncaring attitude whilst vulnerable

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 21 November 2015