Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust

0300 123 1807 Customer Care Team, Trinity House, 110-120 Upper Pemberton , Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AZ

sailor betty reviewed Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust

Automated phones

I have tried now for 10 days to get an appointment for podiatry at College Road. The first time, Tuesday 15th August I held on for 20 minutes, then, as suggested left my name and phone number for 'them' to get back to me. Nobody did so. A week later, 22nd August I phoned again, held on for a while, then left my name and number again. Nobody has got back to me. My feet are uncomfortable now. Some shoes I cannot wear.
How can I make a formal complaint about this?

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 August 2017

Hello

We are very sorry to learn of the problems that you have been experiencing when trying to make an appointment at College Road. In the first instance would you be kind enough to contact our Customer Care Team with further information and your contact details so that we can assist and get a member of the podiatry service to give you a call.

Anonymous gave Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Disgusted

My brother Went into the minor injuries unit this morning with a head and nose injury after a fall over night , he was referred to east grinstead for plastic surgery and given an appointment . He came straight to see me because he has no transport to get there but what concerned me was the fact that the side of his nose was still bleeding and the nurse had made no attempt to put some kind of cover on it or to stop the bleeding and just more or less sent my brother in his way, no head injury advice or aftercare advice, I find this uncaring attitude disgusting , and hope the nurse concerned is told of this . In fact he had to ask the receptionist on his way out for something to stop the bleeding and they kindly gave him a damp swab to ease it

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 May 2017

Hello

We are very sorry to learn of your brother's recent experience. The Clinical Team Lead at Gravesham Minor Injuries Unit would like the opportunity to investigate and make sure that our processes are the best they can be for our patients. If you wish to, please contact the Customer Care Team with more details.

Anonymous gave Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

I just want to say what a great service I had at the Minor Injuries unit at Gravesham Community Hospital this morning. Yesterday, I caught my finger in a door at work and was in agony with it and it got much worse when I got home. I tried to go to A&E at Darent Valley (on the recommendation of 111 but didn't think it was really appropriate to bother them with my finger!) but it was so busy I left. A receptionist there suggested I try Minor Injuries in the morning and I'm so glad I did! The people who work there are so friendly and polite and I was seen literally 5 minutes after I arrived by a lovely nurse. The nurse took one look at my finger and knew exactly what to do. I had excellent treatment and the pain in my finger subsided at once. I left about 15 minutes after I arrived and managed to make it into work before my first lesson started (I'm a teacher). What fantastic service! Would recommend Minor Injuries to everyone. Thank you so much!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 May 2017

Hello

We are very pleased that you received the care and treatment you needed at Gravesham Minor Injury Unit. It is good that the pain in your finger subsided immediately and that you were able to get to work on time as a result of the efficiency of the nurse. We'll forward your kind comments onto the team there.

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave General dental treatment at Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

A poor service

I have had to endure this service as my son is disabled. I don't think we have had one occasion where they have got it right first time. They turn up with bits missing. You call them for collection of items they never call back and when you contact them again they have no record of your request. It was a much better service when run locally.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 March 2017

Hello

We are sorry to that you are unhappy with the service you have been receiving. The equipment service is not provided by Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust but by NRS Healthcare, so we would suggest that you re-direct your feedback to them regarding the matters you are unhappy with.

Anonymous reviewed Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust

Small Injuries Department

Fell over on allotment afternoon of 21 March 2017 and on way down ripped my knee open on a dirty, rusty nail.- nasty, jagged and deep injury.

I arrived in muddy wellies, ripped jeans (Two lovely nurses cleaned & stitched me up. Everything was very clean, organised, professional, and friendly including the receptionist. There was a queue but I think in total was there 2 hours.

I didn't think to take names but thank you all for looking after me with such good humour, excellent service - please Gravesham don't let us lose this very useful part of our community

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 March 2017

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2017

Hello

Many thanks for reviewing your experience at Gravesham Minor Injury Unit in March. We are very pleased that all the staff looked after you and gave you the care and treatment you needed. We will share your kind comments with the team there.

leftalone4565 reviewed Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust

Unimpressed with Home Treatment Team

I'm writing on behalf of my Father who fell and broke his hip. He was admitted to Tunbridge Wells and Pembury Hospital to have the hip operated on and after a week he was transferred to Maidstone hospital. All was going well and he was discharged from Hospital after 3 weeks but because he had been taken off all his medication for his heart failure oedema began to build up.
He was then introduced to the Home Treatment Team and what a mistake that was! At first they came out to him pretty regularly and tried him on different Water Tablets but they didn't work so he was then given a 3 day course of an intravenous treatment but that didn't work either. This went on for a while and he was then prescribed a Water Tablet that isn't even available because the coating isn't licensed in this country....Really? I would have thought that they should known that.
He was then asked why he objected to going into Hospital....why didn't he want to go there....was this Doctor really working for the Home Treatment Team? ? He was then left alone (while the fluid was still building up and his breathing was becoming difficult) and told they would be out to see him but then not turning up, they then said the Heart Nurse would be out to see him but they obviously didn't know that as they never turned up.
He was left for 2 weeks until finally he was taken into Hospital. I am absolutely disgusted with this Team, my advice would be to avoid them at all costs and insist on being admitted to Hospital where the correct treatment can be administered.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017 using Care Opinion

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 May 2017

Hello

We are very sorry to learn of your father's experience of the home treatment team following his discharge from hospital. We have been in touch with the service and they would very much like the opportunity to carry out a full investigation into your father's care. Our Trust appreciates feedback on the care we provide and to be able to improve services for patients whenever possible. Please would you be kind enough to contact our Customer Care Team with more information.

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Alan gave General dental treatment at Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Caring for person with advanced dementia who is incontinent

I am unsure if this is the correct website to proffer a review of the inadequate service supposedly provided by a local district nurse. This, I am sure, will also be a waste time on my behalf. However, here goes; my wife, aged 67, is diagnosed by the NHS as suffering from advanced dementia and has been so for over a year. I provide 24/7 care for her at home. She lost control over her bowel function well over 6 months ago and is incontinent. On advice from the Admiralty Nurses I contacted my local GP surgery requesting a visit & advice from a district nurse. No response was received. Despite making 2 complaints re this oversight to a doctor at my local GP Surgery, which is also based alongside the local District Nurses - College Rd, Maidstone, the only response from my GP is that I am on a waiting list for nappies. This was several months ago & should be recorded on her file. Still no communication from the district nurse - do they really exist? Obviously I give up on any help or assistance. Probably this is what their expectations hope for - disinterest or resignation from a carer! Sadly I conclude best not to hold out any hopes for support, advice or assistance from within the NHS community. Left on my own with a spouse suffering from a terminal illness at home, whose health is continually degenerating it is an emotional & difficult issue for me. What a dysfunctional & uncaring department provided by the NHS. They should be very ashamed but I suspect they won't be or care come to that!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 15 January 2017

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 April 2017

Dear Alan

We were very sorry to learn that you are not getting the support you need in caring for your wife and the continence products she requires. Please don't hesitate to contact the Customer Care Team (details below) with more details of your complaint and they will be able to get in touch with the head of service in charge of the community nurses at College Road, Maidstone who work in partnership with the Kent Continence Service.

Anonymous gave Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Community Ortho Team long delay

I sustained an injury to my knee at home on 12 June and went straight to A & E in extreme pain it is clear that a ligament/tendon has been damaged. They sent me home with strong pain killers and crutches which are to small and can't be used. Visited GP two weeks later with no improvement told to go back in four weeks. Went back in more pain as injury has deteriorated and they finally refers me to the knee clinic of the Community Orthopedic team telling me you usually get an appointment in a month.

I have today 16 August managed to obtain contact details for this clinic and been told they should probably ring me in two weeks time to arrange an appointment which at the moment they are booking appointments for beginning of October ! taking in consideration they won't contact me for another couple of weeks by then appointments will likely be end Oct beginning of Nov. I tried to explain how long it is since the injury occurred and that it is continuing to get worse, also that I am off work and live in a split level house with 3 flights of stairs to the bathroom made no difference and am told I will just have to wait. How I am supposed to cope for another two months before even getting an assessment let alone treatment I don't know, the only thing to do is to go back yet again to the GP (taking up appointment time) to try and get them to escalate it.

I really shouldn't be surprised at the poor service offered as I have had experience in the past in relation to an elderly relative with another department of the community team with repeated problems and failures.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 16 August 2017

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2017

Hello

We are very sorry that it took a long time for you to get referred to the Community Orthopaedic Service and that you have now been told you need to wait for an appointment. The Community Orthopaedic Service provides planned outpatient services in the community for patients with musculoskeletal problems that have not responded to early management by the GP or physiotherapy. All our referrals are reviewed by a clinician shortly after they are received. If it would be more appropriate to be seen in another service, for example in the event of an acute injury where patients would benefit from having an urgent physiotherapy or fracture clinic appointment, this will be initiated at this point in agreement with the patient. We would encourage any patient who has concerns about their clinical care to contact our Customer care Team with more information (contact details below).

Anonymous gave Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Lack of support from Audiology Depatment

I am a registered patient with Audiology Department and wanted to speak to someone regarding a hearing issue. I range on eleven occasions over a week, managing to get through to waiting. The member of staff said you are seventh, and then cut off on each occasion.

Up till now I have been very happy with NHS service in all areas. Unfortunately I will have to think like many others I meet, shame about the NHS.
Still trying to get through!

Regards
John

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 May 2016

Hello John

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust does not run an adult audiology department and we think you may be trying to contact the department at Maidstone Hospital which is run by Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. If you are still trying to get through please contact their PALS Team:

Telephone: 01622 224960 (If the team is busy, you may get an answer machine. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible)
Email: mtw-tr.palsoffice@nhs.net

Regards

David Nutley reviewed Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust

Excellent Care for my 93 year old Mother

My Mother has been at West View for just over two weeks after being discharged from the William Harvey Hospital. The nursing staff have looked after her in a very caring way, which is the best that we have experienced. They are always willing to talk to the family to give updates on Doctor visits, medication etc.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 February 2016

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 February 2016

Dear David

Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your mother's stay at West View. We are pleased to hear that she was so well looked after by the nursing staff and that the staff communicated with you well and kept you fully updated on your mother's care. We will pass your kind comments onto the team there.