Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

01942 482630 Headquarters - Bevan House, 17 Beecham Court, Smithy Brook Road , Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 6PR

Anonymous gave Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

awful palliative care

Visited by the "palliative care team" covering Warrington today. Wow, what a total waste of time. Please NHS re- direct the funding spent on this role to cancer treatment and research.
After asking a number of questions I am still none the wiser about how they can actually support a dying patient and their family.
The point of contact repeatedly asked the patient who, due to their condition was barely able to express themselves how they were feeling. .

This visit was purely a box ticking exercise and was an intrusion in the lives of those with little time left together. Thankfully the patient is well cared for in a home and has a large family however I feel very sorry for those whose final days will be left in the hands of this foundation trust.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 July 2017

Hi, we are really sorry to hear you feel like this.

You can contact our Patient Services team on 0800 587 0562 or at Patient.Services@bridgewater.nhs.uk, which is confidential information and advice service for patients, relatives and carers and can help you with this.

NM gave Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Triage at St. Helens walk in centre

I visited St. Helens walk in centre early on a Sunday morning with my husband as he had a problem with his foot, we were quite quickly called in to be triaged, great!! The triage nurse I can only describe as ignorant and unprofessional! I completely understand that most things now are electronic and have to be inputted in to the system in a timely manner, but the triage nurse literally was transfixed on thenpc screen throughout almost all of the triage consultation, even when they were asking questions the nurse still looked at the screen and continued to type! The nurse probably made eye contact with us 3-4 times throughout and that was because they had to look at his foot. Now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you at least meant to look at people when you're speaking to them?? It's the height of ignorance, and working in the NHS myself as a district nurse I feel that eye contact is really important, in my mind it puts the patient at ease and aids to allay any fears or concerns they may have, to me it is one of the basic foundations of nursing care isn't it??? I was quite dumbfounded when I came to sit in the waiting room, definately an instance for staff needing an update in care and communication! Very disappointed and quite disgusted if I'm honest :0(

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 July 2017

Hi, we are sorry to hear this.

Our Patient Services team is a confidential information and advice service for patients, relatives and carers and can help you if you want to feedback further on your visit to the Walk-in-Centre.

Freya did not recommend Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Left feeling ignored.

I went to the health and wellbeing centre for a blood test this morning. I am very nervous about blood tests as I have deep veins and it can take a while to get blood- when I went in, the nurse ignored me as I stood there, gesturing to a seat as the nurse continued to gossip with another nurse. the nurse didn't say hello, didn't take my paperwork, and when they then realised after wiping me arm that they hadn't got it the nurse 'told me off' as if it was my fault. the nurse kept talking to the other nurse the entire time, didn't speak to me once, didn't warn me before putting the needle in, and didn't ask if I was okay. the nurse didn't check my name or date of birth as the other nurses did with their patients so I could have been anyone, and the nurse didn't tell me when my tests would be at the surgery, and didn't say goodbye- just stood up and left me assuming I could go. I left feeling upset and treated poorly.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 20 December 2016

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous did not recommend Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Very unprofessional and a lack of knowledge

After showing a pharmacist a rash on my hand the pharmacist said they were not happy with it and wanted me to see my doctor that day I couldn't due to my surgery being to busy and not even being able to get a phone call with a doctor or an appointment till the following week, this is often the case at billinge surgery. So I chose to go to the walk in centre and after one receptionist bluntly said they had only just sat down at their computer they can't help me I spoke to their collegue who told me there would be a 2 hour wait. I then sat down in a very busy waiting room which had a corner sectioned of with plaster all over the floor. However, this is not the reason I complain. I am very unhappy with the triage nurse who I spoke to. They claimed that I must be mistaken as doxycycline is not an anti malaria tablet it is for throat infections (it can be used for infections but is also an anti malaria tablet). At this point I knew there would be no point in discussing my rash with them as it is a side effect of exposure to the sun with this medication but I continued to explain. They concluded that the tingling I had in my knees, nose and sides of my hand was nothing to do with the rash and it's just a coincidence that it is also at the side of my hand in the exact same place between my thumb and finger on both hands. And that the rash was a result of my job as I'm a Carer for elderly people. I find this service very poor and will not be back if I am going to be spoken down to and not listened to.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Excellent staff and care at Widnes Urgent Care Centre

Took our four year old girl to the walk-in-centre in Widnes with a really deep cough and high temperature and both the staff on reception and the nurses we're brilliant with her.

Despite obviously not feeling well she was really responsive to the way the kind manner of the staff there and we felt they showed real compassion towards her

Brilliant and thank you

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 04 February 2016

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 February 2016

Thank you for you lovely feedback.

We have passed this on to the team.

Very IGNORANT receptionist

I phoned this clinic on the 8th November to get the on call doctor to make a house visit the receptionist ( I think they were trying to get the most brownie points for saving the doctor a house call ) was very very ignorant to my wife they were that bad my wife ended up in tears, the reason for the call was my wife had had a big operation and after being discharged was in a great deal of pain so we rang the on call doctor unfortunately we where put through to this clinic.

NOT RECOMMENDED

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 12 November 2015

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 February 2016

Hi

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Our Patient Services team are a confidential information and advice service for our patients and are here to help.

You can contact them on 0800 587 0562 or Patient.Services@bridgewater.nhs.uk.

Carol McCanna did not recommend Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Longest wait

I had the unfortunate experience of a 3 hour wait at this clinic, I had a urology procedure at Bolton Royal Infirmary on 2nd October '15 which resulted in me contracting the most horrible water infection I was poorly for the rest of that day and evening when I still didn't feel better the following morning I telephoned this out of hours service as I had been advised to do at the hospital if I had any problems, I telephoned at 9.30am and was told I could see a doctor at 12.30. I arrived for my appointment at 12.10 to be told by the receptionist that there was a delay of over an hour which ended up being a 3 hour wait when I finally got to see the doctor i who was very nice and very knowledgable I was told I needed to be referred to Wigan A&E to see someone who specialised in Urology they didn't want to give me a wrong diagnosis as this wasn't their field of medicine
The thing that annoyed me about this place is that I sat there waiting for 3 hours when I could have been dealt with quicker if there had been some kind of triage system there are people who go to these clinics that could deal with their own illness at the chemist,also I was told by the receptionist that a doctor had not turned up so they were running with a doctor short the management need to address some of these points luckily I got my problem sorted but it took until 9pm that evening I will use this service again because there is no other option i'm not looking forward to the next visit hope I don't need one !!!!

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 22 November 2015

Hi

Sorry to hear about your experience and your delay.

don't care attitude

I am totally disappointed with the service of this surgery !
I got a two months old baby and on last Monday I suppose to have a visit from the health visitor..
I have been received a phone call from the surgery that the health visitor is not able to come on that day , but they will call me later to arrange an other appointment for us.
Well I still waiting for this phone call, and in the meantime I called the surgery twice where nobody picked up the phone.. I left a message with my name, my child's name and my phone number..
And still nobody contact me !
It is quite ignoring when you are treated like this ..

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 08 December 2015

Hi

Sorry to hear about your experience and hope someone from the service has contacted you about this.