Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust

020 7798 1300 Ground Floor, 15 Marylebone Road , London, NW1 5JD

JIWilliams reviewed Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust

High cost of telephone calls to make an appointment .

I recently had to ring St Charles hospital to make an podiatry appointment because although my doctor had sent a referral letter after 3 weeks I had not received an appointment. It took three calls to finally get an appointment and cost £3.42 using my landline I think that this is unacceptable. Clearly the appointments centre has a high volume of calls and given I suspect low staffing levels it seems to me very wrong that the cost of calls is so high it surely this should be a free line. I would like to know what can be done about this because many elderly people do not have access to the internet and so use their landline to make appointments. I also think the cost may well deter from telephoning to say they cannot attend an appointment.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Unprofessional receptionist

Firstly, I would like to say a great thank you for the excellent services of the cardiology department and reception at the park view medical centre. They were very professional, helpful, and they are there to resolve problems.

We were extremely shocked by the level of unprofessionalism and bad attitude with our recent contact with the sexual health clinic in Richford gate.

I accompanied my mother arrived at the clinic for the smear test appointment. receptionist told us we must to bring the letter. We explained no one has told us to bring the letter when we called to book an appointment. can you look up on the your system. They said they can't find anything other than the basic information.

We continued to ask so can we do the test today, they replied, you can but the test will just go into the bin and you have to do another one at another time. We were trying to help and say we can let mother attend her appoinment so we don't delay appointments of other people and I can go back to get it since we are close by. (It is a five minutes drive). They replied, I can't wait for you, wasting my time on a Friday, the clinic closes at 3pm. I explained we live near by and I can come back very quickly since our appointment was at 1.20.
Their response was you can do that, I don't know when the courier will come to collect the samples. They will come at some stage I don't know when.
I was surprised by the response, surely they can't come before the last appointment of the smear test or otherwise the samples can wait until the next batch of samples to be sent off. With all the experiences at the GP and medical centre services, they would be kind enough to drop off test samples immediately as they told us they know the courier is coming soon. I am assuming the staff knows at least roughly when the couturier is coming to collect the samples.

We couldn't get anywhere with this receptionist and had to cancel the appointment. We can not believe as patients, we were trying to resolve the problems and that the receptionist was so uncooperative.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 03 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to discuss your concerns further. Please contact our patient experience team on 0800 368 0412 or clchpals@nhs.net so we can get some more details.

Galois reviewed Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust

Frustrated at lack of communication

I have a bilateral meniscal tear and have accordingly been having physiotherapy through the Hammersmith and Fulham Musculoskeletal Service; after two months I had seen little change and therefore wanted to seek a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon.
Consequently I contacted my local GP surgery, Park Medical Centre, to make an appointment, and after informing them that I would prefer a time that fitted around my education, I was offered an appointment at Parkview Centre for Health and Wellbeing.
At this appointment I was told that I could not in fact be referred by the GP there as the request had to be made through my own GP, despite this not being mentioned when I booked the appointment. I was therefore advised to book an appointment at Park Medical Centre which I duly did.

However at this appointment I was told that it was the referral could only be obtained via the Musculoskeletal Service, and that I should arrange another appointment with my physiotherapist.
Having done this, at my next physiotherapy appointment I was told that the physiotherapist I was having sessions with could also not make the referral, but that if I made another appointment at Parkview Centre for Health and Wellbeing, this time with the physiotherapist there, I ought to be able to get the referral for to an orthopaedic surgeon from them.

I returned from this appointment to be told that they were also unable to make the required referral, but that if I made yet another appointment with the physiotherapist at Charring Cross, they in turn may be able to send me to an orthopaedic surgeon.
In total this will lead to me having had to attend five appointments just to get one referral, which seems to me to be singularly inefficient and a waste of valuable resources, especially at a time when the NHS is under exceptional pressure.
The fact that I have had to take up so many people's time has left me feeling frustrated at lack of communication as to the procedure to go through to get a referral, as well as wondering if there might not be a more efficient way for patients to be referred that freed up appointments for patients that needed them.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017 using Care Opinion

Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 03 July 2017

Thank you for your valued feedback – we are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience. Please can you contact our PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) team on 0800 368 0412 or clchpals@nhs.net so we can get some more details from you.

Anonymous gave at Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Waste of time poor service

My GP referred me to this service . It took weeks before anyone called me for assessment let alone get onto a waiting list . When you try to call the service nobody answers the phones and emails get returned

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 11 November 2016

Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 15 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback - we’re sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience. Please can you contact our PALS team on 0800 368 0412 or clchpals@nhs.net so we can get some more details.