Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust

01707 388000 Unit 1a, Howard Court, 14 Tewin Road , Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1BW

dicanio reviewed Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust

Nice clean bright department

Had physio for a bladder problem at St Albans City Hospital. Very helpful advice and treatment by Jo.
Smiling receptionist, no waiting, nice clean bright department with lots of patient information.
Many thanks.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017 using Care Opinion

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 23 March 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at St Albans City Hospital. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team (and I am sure they will delighted to receive this feedback). If you ever need to provide further feedback to Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust about its services please contact the PALS team on 0800 0116 113 and we will happily respond.

Anonymous gave at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

3rd time Nurse not showing

Making an appointment for a specific day, and then nurse not showing up. Not even a phone call. Snd this happens more often. As a cancer patient i feel totally no compassion from their service.....will go to hospital next time

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 07 October 2016

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 06 October 2017

We apologise that an arranged appointment was not met, can you please contact PALS on 08000 116 113, providing your details and the service you are referring to, so that we can investigate this matter. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Was not offered mental health care on NHS.

I got a referral for therapy from my NHS GP. I wanted therapy as I have problems with social anxiety and it has prevented me from obtaining a stable job. When I had the assessment session with the psychotherapist I was told I wasn't entitled to therapy because my anxiety did n't prevent me from leaving the house. Even though my anxiety has prevented me from working and starting a family (lack of work means its hard to find a partner and also my anxiety has a negative impact on social interactions) I am still not deemed ill enough for their services.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 03 August 2017

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 03 August 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

We are sorry to learn of your concerns regarding access to therapy services. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise you as the service you require falls under the responsibility of Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT). If you would like further advice or to speak to someone regarding your concerns, please contact HPFT on the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) telephone number, 01707 253 916 or to make a complaint, please email complaints@hpft.nhs.uk.

With kind regards

Natasha Forster
Patient Experience & Complaints Manager
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
01707 388 164/0800 011 6113
pals.hchs@nhs.net

Anonymous reviewed Obstetrics at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust

tena pants plus supplies large

Many thanks for supplying my wife with free pants. You have estimated that the last delivery will last until 24.05.16. Please note that Pamela exhausted the supply 7 days ago. I have been buying supplies from Tesco at £12 per pack out of my pension. Please advise whether you are able to supply a fresh stock before 24.05.16.
Kind regards.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 09 April 2016

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great support

I have always been very grateful for the support that the Stevenage Team of Community Nurse's have provided for my Wife who has MS. Unfortunately for me I am now in need of their help. To say that I am amazed at their help for me is an understatement. Kindness, care, compassion and understanding are in abundance. My injury is very painful but the care and patience taken to ensure I am comfortable is making a difficult situation bearable. True professionals all. Thank you

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 27 March 2016

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 30 March 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience of the Stevenage Community Nurses. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team (and I am sure they will delighted to receive this feedback).

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpfulness taken to a new level.

We were referred to Danesbury for my husband, who has motor neurone disease, to be able to access physiotherapy,occupational therapy,speech and language, dietician etc, following his diagnosis in March 2014.
During the two years we have been allegedly under their care, it has proved practically impossible to ever get any help at all.
The phone service is a joke. Nobody is ever available when you phone the reception, so a message is taken. But no reply is ever received.
My particular problem is occupational therapy, who are never ever available. I have lost count of the number if requests I have made for them to contact me, which have been ignored.
I will be taking this further.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 01 April 2016

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 05 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your message and clearly some work is required to improve our communication and follow up procedures - I will ensure this is highlighted and passed to the service for them to action.
If you would like to discuss this further or in more detail please contact us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, PALS team on 0800 0116 113 and we will happily respond.

NQ gave Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent breast feeding support from health visiting team

After bringing home my premature baby from NICU I was struggling with pain on breastfeeding, but desperate to provide the best care for him, especially as he had had a rough start in life. I was referred by my health visitor to another health visitor who is a lactation specialist. They were fantastic - visited my home three times at short notice, as well as making themself available on the phone and at clinics. It is thanks to this specialist that I have been able to feed my son as long as I have. As my son was premature it was especially important to me that they visited me at home, to avoid contact with other children.
I also found them to be non-judgemental - I wanted to breastfeed and avoid formula but they did not pressure me towards this as some people are accused of.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 17 November 2015

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 24 November 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team (and I am sure they will be delighted to receive this feedback.) If you ever need to provide further feedback to Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust about its services please contact the PALS team on 08000 116 113 and we will respond.

Blu gave at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

No Dentist

My daughter has special needs and was advised my the last dentist to be seen every 3 months, since then there has not been a dentist for her to see. Why is this? Why aren't we kept up to date? why isn't there a replacement dentist

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 09 February 2016

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 14 March 2016

We are sorry to hear about your experiences with our Dental Service and would like the opportunity to investigate and respond to you. Please get in touch with our Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) by calling 0800 011 6113, or emailing pals.hchs@nhs.net.