Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust

01707 388000 Unit 1a, Howard Court, 14 Tewin Road , Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1BW

Anonymous gave Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Feel very let down

Feel very let down by the Muscular Skeletal triage service. Referred by my GP for painful shoulder since January 18 causing restricted movement and sleepless nights despite taking codeine, paracetamol and amitriptyline.
The outcome was to refer me to physio which has an 8 to 12 week wait. How does the physio treat me when the diagnosis is unknown.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 11 April 2018

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 11 April 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
so that we can look into this for you.

Susie gave Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

GP referred us back to orthopaedics as mum cannot walk

Have an appointment for this week. I am paving the way as I am sure this is not the correct place to take my mum. I am taking a days annual leave and will be furious when I am told that they cannot help. Mum broke one hip late last year and recovered fantastically despite being compromised with comorbidities at the time. Now after breaking the other hip in February still can only walk limited steps with a frame...….4 months later!! GP referred her back to Orthopaedics early June, but we now have to go through MSK triage at the cost of my Annual leave too. I am really hoping they prove me wrong, but I am not holding my breath (another casualty). Even since the GP referred her, I had to make the call to get an appointment!!!! The woman on the phone said oh yes she is waiting for an appointment it only came through on 6th June, I will make one now that was last week?? What are they doing that they cannot get the appointments made without us poor paying NHS public having to call to get it done in a timely manner? Really she cannot walk and you leave her like that indefinitely, what about those without family to push the matters!! Shame on you!!. Is it because she is old??? I am thinking it might be. We are really Not happy at all!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 24 June 2018

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 26 June 2018

We are sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your mother’s appointment with the MSK Triage service. Please do get in touch with our Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) by calling 0800 011 6113, or by emailing pals.hchs@nhs.net so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Minor Surgical procedures over a 2 month Xmas period minimal

I've just been told by the member of staff booking appointments is podiatry that due to it being the Xmas period only emergency procedures will be booked in for December and January.

Our dedicated and hardworking NHS staff all deserve a holiday. But 2 months of not being able to book in routine appointments I think is a bit much. Maybe the information I was given in was wrong but this is what I was told by staff working for the trust.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 08 November 2017

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 22 November 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback; please do get in touch with our Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) by calling 0800 011 6113, or by emailing pals.hchs@nhs.net so that we can look into this for you.

dicanio reviewed Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust

Nice clean bright department

Had physio for a bladder problem at St Albans City Hospital. Very helpful advice and treatment by Jo.
Smiling receptionist, no waiting, nice clean bright department with lots of patient information.
Many thanks.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017 using Care Opinion

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 23 March 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at St Albans City Hospital. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team (and I am sure they will delighted to receive this feedback). If you ever need to provide further feedback to Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust about its services please contact the PALS team on 0800 0116 113 and we will happily respond.

Anonymous gave Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Was not offered mental health care on NHS.

I got a referral for therapy from my NHS GP. I wanted therapy as I have problems with social anxiety and it has prevented me from obtaining a stable job. When I had the assessment session with the psychotherapist I was told I wasn't entitled to therapy because my anxiety did n't prevent me from leaving the house. Even though my anxiety has prevented me from working and starting a family (lack of work means its hard to find a partner and also my anxiety has a negative impact on social interactions) I am still not deemed ill enough for their services.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 03 August 2017

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust replied on 03 August 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

We are sorry to learn of your concerns regarding access to therapy services. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise you as the service you require falls under the responsibility of Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT). If you would like further advice or to speak to someone regarding your concerns, please contact HPFT on the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) telephone number, 01707 253 916 or to make a complaint, please email complaints@hpft.nhs.uk.

With kind regards