Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust

0151 295 3000 Liverpool Innovation Park, Digital Way , Liverpool, L7 9NJ

A489A reviewed Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust

Lack of privacy in waiting room

I went to a Walk-in-Centre in Liverpool this weekend. The reception area gives patients zero respect in terms of privacy and confidentiality. They asked about date of birth & name, and repeat patients' address loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. A more bizarre aspect of the conversation includes questions about "ethnicity" and "religion", again loud enough to be heard by the public in waiting!This is a totally inappropriate manner of receiving patients, who may already be in pain, stressed out, or needing urgent medical care. No matter how relevant "ethnic origin or religion" may be to one's illnesses, I don't think patients should be questioned in an open waiting room. To me, the private triage room is the place for such questions, not the waiting room! The triage member of staff was also rushed and rude. In fact, I have never come across any healthcare assistant or nurse as rude and patronizing as they were.
A Walk-in-Centre should provide professional medical assistance to patients instead of questioning patients about their religion, etc. I will take this matter to a higher authority but, in the meantime, I think patients should know that they do not have to answer such questions in an open and public place where everyone else in the waiting room can hear them.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Anonymous gave Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Breeze Hill closes 6.45pm not 7pm!! Annoyed.....

Drove miles out of my way for an urgent blood test, arrived at 6.50pm only to told by receptionist that phlebotomists all gone home and blood already collected. Really annoying as website says 7pm and my GP also said open until 7pm.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

PennyJ gave at Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Lovely hospital

I have visited this hospital several times over the past. The atmosphere is so relaxing, the staff are warm and friendly. The phlebotomists give confidence and have excellent skills. All in all, a visit to this hospital is not something to be dreaded.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 September 2017

Sandra gave Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Belle vale health Centre

Need some blood test went to Belle Vale Health centre today at 10.30 waiting a few minutes to be seen. Nurse was excellent put me at ease straight away, and blood removal was totally painless.Thank you for the excellent efficent service.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

Anonymous gave Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Bad first impression

Having wrong telephone numbers on the webpage does not give a great first impression

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017

Hilda reviewed at Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust

Cannot make contact

I have regular appointments every six months to check my liver after a diagnosis of PBC. There has never been any problem with this - just a phone call to Prince Street Clinic for a visit there. Now, however, I find that the telephone number of the clinic has changed. I have made numerous efforts to get through on the new number but after a long period of ringing, I get a tired voice saying "all our operators are busy, ring back later" This has happened so many times at various times of the day that I find it hard to believe. Do we still have a Blood Test system in Sefton?

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 June 2017

Anonymous gave at Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Unhelpful processes in place

The extended hours mentioned for Kensington clinic are incorrect, at least in terms of the availability for patients to have a blood test done. I arrived at the clinic just before 6:40pm and there was one patient in with the nurse and no-one else waiting. The patient left at 6:40 and at 6:45 the nurse came out, locked the door and told me that although they close at 7:00 there is a 6:30 cut-off. Surely this cut-off time is only relevant when there are a lot of patients waiting to enable the nurse to attend to them and clear away by 7:00?? How can it make sense for anyone if the processes that are followed allow staff to close 15 minutes early when someone is there to be attended to. Surely a certain amount of common sense should come into it, if there were 4 people waiting and I arrived after 6:30 to be told I was too late i could understand it but in this evening's circumstances I think it was totally unacceptable that the nurse would lock up and walk away 15 minutes early and suggest that I could go back early in the morning. I work away 4 days a week so I now have to wait until after Christmas or try to come home a day early just to get a blood test that could have been done during the 'extended hours' and still allowed for the clinic to close more than 10 minutes early.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 19 December 2016

Anonymous gave Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

A good experience

Having blood taken at Garston clinic very early on Monday 8th August was a good experience. The staff member was polite, helpful, had a nice manner and was professional. No pain, no bruising. Thanks. Would recommend.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 August 2016

Anonymous gave at Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Repeat blood test

Had to have a repeat blood test. Went back to Garston phlebotomy clinic. Same as one week earlier, a good experience. No pain no bruise. Staff great.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016

Anonymous gave Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Post phlebotomy infection

The day after having blood taken on Thursday February 4th , my arm became extremely inflamed and very sore and swollen . I attended my GP surgery and was given antibiotics to address this problem, however, I feel that the practice must have been very poor for an infection to have occurred. Possibly the phlebotomist in question requires retraining in antiseptic techniques.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 February 2016