Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

0121 301 0000 Unit 1, 50 Summer Hill Road , Birmingham, B1 3RB

Service User 1 reviewed Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

Missed Appointment - Withheld Medication

I missed a medical review recently and was asked to leave the service when I felt aggrieved.
My experience would have been improved if there was a continuation of medication at same dose

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 25 May 2017 using Care Opinion

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 June 2017

We would need more details to look into this issue. Our Customer Relations team are on 0800 953 0045. They will be able to help understand what happened.

Anonymous gave Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

spoke to a manager regarding making a complaint

I have been trying to raise concern regarding safe guarding but with little luck. I do not think anyone is interested.

Not Happy

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 April 2017

We always take safeguarding seriously. If your issue regards mental health trust services or patients then call 0121 301 1111 and ask for the safeguarding team. Our duty service is Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm. The local authority operates a 24 hour service on 0121 303 1234. The people who answer these calls will always listen to your concerns.

claire gave Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

very confusing service

I after 2 telephone assessments decided to withdraw from this service as I am not sure how answering the same questions every few weeks is supposed to help me at all.
I received no advice on how to manage any symptoms that I suffer with at all, just a therapist saying " I will ring back in a few weeks to ask you the same questions all over again ".
All answering the same questions over and over again does is remind me of the incident that led to my PTSD in the first place, which I am then left to deal with by myself.
Very unhelpful indeed.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 May 2017

Our Healthy Minds service do make telephone calls for initial assessment but then will usually offer an appointment at one of our centres. ?If you can contact our Customer Relations team on 0800 953 0045 we can look into this for you.

Anonymous reviewed Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

Unable to gain access to Zinia Centre

i have been trying to contact zinnia center all day and keep being told are busy, have left details several times for a call back but have had no call back...this is appalling, my son is a patient there and is having a severe episode, what use is a service if we cant access it

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 January 2017

We are sorry to hear that you had problems contacting Zinnia Centre. We have investigated some issues with the new telephone system and we hope that they are now resolved. We will always try to see a patient as soon as possible if they are ill and we have a duty worker always available to assess and arrange emergency appointments. Our Customer Relations team did intervene on the day but if you have any further problems do not hesitate to telephone them on 0800 953 0045. Our switchboard is always available on 0121 301 0000.

mo gave Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

patients records lost due to tendering to forward thinking

My son was admitted to Olyester,he spent 6 months where they did various tests on him and concluded that they were looking at autism. They requested an ASD assessment. Since the change to forward thinking Birmingham, my son has had to spend another 6 and half months with the same intrusive test conducted and because of a mismatch of information we are still awaiting for the assessment to take place. Please get your act straight , this is a young mans life you are playing god with. We need your services to get it right but how can you if information keeps getting lost.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 February 2017

We worked closely with Forward Thinking Birmingham to transfer all care records at point of service transfer. We are really sorry that something seems to have gone wrong here. We would be really grateful if you could contact our Customer Relations (PALS) team on 0800 953 0045 to give them further details. We will try to liaise with Customer Relations (PALS) at Forward Thinking Birmingham to link both sets of records wherever possible. We hope this can be resolved at the earliest opportunity and that your son gains the services he needs soon.

My experience

My partner has been under this service on and off they keep referring her back to the same place that she was under before and they keep referring back to you. Not happy with the staff don't really do much when you're in crisis they look at you thinking that you're mad keep going of topic aswel when they come out to see her. The amount of times trying to get through of a day or night is rediculass. Get it sorted out now !

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2017

We have received your comments at our Mental Health Trust, although the details mention a GP practice. If you could provide us with some further detail we can investigate your concerns which may relate to one of our Home Treatment teams. Our Customer Relations team is on 0800 953 0045 and will be able to look into this for you.

rude staff disregard peoples wishes hound people

Having only been referred 24 hours ago I must say totally shocking.Telephone staff are rude.Nightmare to actually get hold of specific people.Totally disrespect wishes of contacting yourself as specified to ring my mobile only when they do contact you it is from a secret number which I rarely answer.Interogates other member of household as to who they are why am I not in and am I often not there - none of their business when told to only contact me on mobile number and not wanting to be visited at home, they still ring home number. Summonsed to oleaster unit which I was unable to attend.Switchboard staff are rude and certain psychiatric team member who rang numerous times today is very obrupt. I will be taking these issues further and my GP will be informed.Considering this is mental health they should be much more sympathetic and more approachable in their manner.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 10 November 2016

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 November 2016

We are sorry that you found our staff abrupt. We would like to know more about your experience so that we can understood who was involved in your care. We would be grateful if you could call our Customer Relations PALS team on 0800 953 0045 so that they can fully investigate. We can understand that you may wish to check a callers number but our telephones do withhold our number to protect confidentiality through callback.

Anonymous gave Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A very helpful service

I have received cbt sessions with BHM and have found it extremely useful. The therapist was both well organised and a fantastic listener. Their programme of work for me to do outside of the session has been both cathartic and relevant and has helped me to make huge strides in my personal difficulties. I would recommend the therapist I have been seeing for anyone seeking effective help and advice. I was really pleased with this service and think it's brilliant that it is provided by the NHS.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to pass on such kind and positive comments. We are proud of this service which helps thousands of clients and we are pleased to offer it through GP referral or self-referral.

Anonymous reviewed Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

Medical mental health feedback

After four years requesting mental health support I'm still no closer! In fact was promised by street triage/ gp/ A&E mental health that they where putting support in place? In fact I received a legal letter banning me from all mental health services? Hopeless people waste of time. Disgrace

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Absolutely terrible

A family me meber of mine has been under this trust for mental health issues for years. The service has now been tendered out to forward thinking we have called them numerous times as the family member under their team is suffering from psychosis and is presenting with deluded thoughts etc. When we call crisis line we are told "if you're worried call the police". This is not a police matter. We are a family dealing with someone in a mental health crisis. No wonder people with mental health go on to commit suicide or hurt others when this is the attitude they receive. The press say our mental health system is bad they are wrong it's actually non existent and forward thinking has made a bad service worse !!!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 September 2016

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been having with Forward Thinking Birmingham. Unfortunately we are not able to comment for another trust, however, If you contact our Customer Relations/PALS Team on Freephone 0800 953 0045 they will be able to give you a person to contact within that trust.