Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust

01743 277500 William Farr House, Mytton Oak Road , Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8XL

This trust has not been rated yet.

n/a

No recommendations

This trust has not been rated yet.

RcuffTelford reviewed Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust

Referal to a physiotherapist

I went to see my doctor in Feb 2017 after suffering from a painful shoulder since December couldn't put up with the pain any longer.
Typically after an initial assessment that I had a rotator cuff injury was given pain killers and refered to a physio. Managed to get an appointment in Early April where excercises were explained which were fairly complex. There were no handouts leaflets to explain the movement required, I was expected to remember them all. Very poor.
I was then offered a relieving injection but I had to wait after much messing about and a lost referral, dont think it was done, I was offered a cortisone shot but I had to wait until May 2017. So from Feb until May 4 months I was expected to take strong painkillers, probably risking addiction to those as well.
So instead of sorting this all out properly I have been left in much pain for months which has effected my sleep greatly and therefore everything else.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust has not yet replied.