North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

01925 664000 Hollins Park Hospital, Hollins Lane, Winwick , Warrington, Cheshire, WA2 8WA

Based on 1 rating for this trust

Based on 1 rating for this trust

bugsi reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Access to services

Tried to access warrington assessment home treatment on Friday evening. Unable to get through kept ringing then playing recorded open hours message. I tried on numerous occasions over space of 2 hour period. After which time I gave up. This has had consequences on my Mental health not being able access support at the time I've required it.
Also over the last few weeks I have been told on several occasions that someone will ring me on certain day. On several occasions this hasn't happened. It just seems like people keep fobbing you off.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 July 2017 using Care Opinion

North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Chuckles reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

I previously left comment few months ago about trying access support for a friend. At the time it was recognised that the telephone system at Wakefield house wasn't fit for purpose. The head of service commented saying that expected upgrade of system be complete by end June.
Once again yesterday and today I have been trying get support for a friend. I am still experiencing issues with getting through to assessment and home treatment team. Last night I kept getting a recorded message, I have also tried couple occasions this evening, first time again recorded message, the second time it rang for while then the recorded message came on again. I was hoping as we are now a way through July that the issue would been sorted. It's incredibly frustrating trying access support for someone and not being able to.
My friend has tried to return calls to the team over the last week or so, but when they have rang they have just been told to call back later as relevant person wasn't available. When they have tried to call again later in day been greeted with the recording, which I have just experienced. Makes me wonder though are practitioners actually being told that service user has returned calls. As I know when my friend has rang they have told them to try again later. So I wonder how many people are calling and individual practitioners aren't even aware they have called. This could subsequently cause issues, as is it even documented on the system. My friend has been told in the past that every time practitioner tries ring it's documented. However is it documented each time a service user tries to return practioners calls? Just food for thought, if it isn't maybe it should be, to prevent blame being placed on service user.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust replied on 01 August 2017

Dear Chuckles
My name is Katherine Earlam and I am a PALS officer for the Trust.
I was very sorry to hear of your experiences and I would like to offer my apologies.
I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service we expect as a Trust.
Your comments will be passed onto the team and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so that I can help to resolve your concerns.
My hours of work this week: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We sincerely value your feedback as this will help us to improve our services for other people in the future.

Hele36 reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Mental health assessment team

I refered myself to the mental health assessment team as I need help/treatment. I informed them that IAPT will not treat me I am to complex, I've been passed from pillar to post with no substantial help for the past 20 years. In less than 12 months I've been to IAPT who passed me to psychosexual therapy in leigh to mental health assessment team and back to IAPT with NO treatment as you can imagine this constant lack of communication between teams, failure to listen to what I have to say and lack of ownership is affecting my mental ill health more so. No wonder people kill themselves, I would personally say from my experience.. I makes me feel I would be better off dead and these services would be happier with one less hassle in their lives.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 25 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust replied on 26 June 2017

Dear Hele36

theVster reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Let down by Warrington recovery team

This is second time in last few weeks the team haven't returned my calls. Initially contacted a month ago (as previously posted), weeks went by and no one bothered to make contact.
Made contact again middle of last week. Told yet again duty practitioner unavailable, left my name and number and told that I would be called back. 6 days later again no one has bothered to return my call.
Something is clearly going wrong as history of calls not being returned keeps repeating. In fact over last few months this has been more of an issue than I've ever known it to be. Maybe an internal audit to find out why this is happening needs to take place. It happening once you can justify but for it to keep happening, questions need to be raised as to why.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017 using Care Opinion

Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust replied on 09 May 2017

Dear theVster

Chuckles reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Issues gaining support

On several occasions today I have attempted to contact Warrington assessment and home treatment team regarding a friend. On each occasion I have been greeted with recorded message telling me the opening hours. I assume this means they are all currently busy. At one stage I rang hollins park switchboard to ask if the could put me through, however switchboard just rang out.
As someone ringing on someone behalf, I find this discouraging and off putting being greeted by a message which offers no option to leave message for someone contact you. This made me think if it had been my friend ringing, as someone who finds it very hard reach out in first place imagine how they would of felt. It made me wonder how many other vulnerable people are going without support due to having issues getting through.
In my opinion this has become a massive issue since the merger of assessment team and home treatment in Warrington. The same happened a few months ago when trying to get through for my friend, on which occasion switchboard told me they had experienced similar issues since home treatment had moved over to assessment.
I think this issue really needs looking into as matter of priority. What is the point in pre recorded message telling you opening hours are 8-8. Surely it would be more logical to use this message when lines are closed as oppose to during opening hours. I have to say from where I am standing the merge of assessment and home treatment has caused issues which the service has not dealt with or is unequipped to do so. I think that being unable to be through can and will have massive implications. I was frustrated being unable to access support for a friend, so vulnerable people in bad place how are they going to feel? The trust needs to be held accountable for people being unable to access the support needed at the right time. People's mental health can't just be put on hold. The amount of effort it takes someone who is in a bad place to reach out or be susceptible to help, to find out that support isn't available. I never realised how hard it would be trying to access a service when needed.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Bev Donlan, Complaints Co-ordinator, North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 April 2017

Dear Chuckles
Thank you for the taking the time to post your comments. I was very sorry to hear of your experiences. I would like to offer my apologies and assure you that this is not the level of service we expect as a Trust.
Your comments have been passed onto the Head of Service for the Assessment TEam in Warrington.
You would be welcome contact myself or the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, to discuss your concerns further.
Number: 01925 664004
E-mail: [complaints@NWBH.nhs,uk](mailto:complaints@NWBH.nhs,uk)
Bev Donlan
Complaints, PALS and Compliments Team

Assessment and home treatment team - Warrington

I attempted to contact the assessment home treatment team on Friday evening, as I needed support. It was within the teams operating hours, I rang 4 times between the time of 7-7. 25pm. On each occasion the phone line rang fair number of times with no response.
After my 4th attempt of lines ringing out before hearing a pre recording, I gave up trying to seek support. I would be interested to know the extent of this problem and how many other people are having difficulty accessing support at the time they need it most.
As for me personally I have encountered the issue of being unable to get through on several occasions over the last few months. As a result my health has suffered.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust replied on 10 April 2017

Dear thevstar
Thank you for the taking the time to post your comments, my name is
Katherine Earlam, I am a PALS officer for the Trust.
I am very sorry to hear of your experiences of the assessment team and how you were unable to contact them.
I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service we expect as a Trust and I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail so that I can help resolve your concerns. Could you please contact me on:
Hours of work this week: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We value your feedback as this will help us to improve our services for other people in the future

No call after 2 weeks

Warrington recovery team contacted 2 weeks ago by patient and a professional. When patient called assured be contacted as soon as practitioner available. The professional told team needed speak someone that particular day. No call to either patient or professional. Patient left with no support all over 4 day bank holiday and proceeding weeks.
As the patient when I called regarding the call I got a tone of voice that wasn't very welcoming and was told that they were aware I need calling. This made my anxiety worse and has discouraged me from calling again, especially when phone calls are massive issue to me accessing support.
Still to this date no sign of call being returned by the team to either the patient or professional. If the team bothered to call now 2 weeks later it's too little too late. Instances like this one day may have dire consequences. Access to support isn't timely, how long are you expected to wait for phone call, what is an acceptable timescale. Do staff not have any duty of care. It's ok placing responsibility on patient. But when patient can't speak to practitioner in timely manner how is that helpful. I would rather suffer alone than be continually let down and treated not as a priority.
The professional who contacted the team has told me it's common knowledge within my Gp practice for calls not to be returned. If professionals are having issues gaining support for patients surely that speaks volumes. I asked the healthcare professional not to contact the team as only ever get let down. I'm now actually glad they did as they have seen for themselves the issues and why I am so against input from a team that is struggling to meet patients needs.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Bev Donlan, Complaints Co-ordinator, North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 May 2017

Dear Sir/madam
Thank you for the taking the time to post your comments.
My name is Bev Donlan and I am the Complaints Coordinator for the Trust.
Your comments will be passed onto the team and we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so that we can help to resolve your concerns.
You can contact myself or another member of the team, my details are:
Bev

rej reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Let down by mental health services

Had an appointment 2 weeks ago with consultant - my meds increased and concern was raised over my mood. I was informed a member of the duty team would be in contact within the next few days. (Still waiting for that phone call.
Since then I have been unable to get on hold of team. Phoned home treatment night team who told me I would get a phone call yesterday ( didn't happen) due to work hours phoned duty OOH and was told an email would be sent to the duty team.
In all honesty not holding my breath, I've been let down and not had phone calls back to many times.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust replied on 27 April 2017

Dear Rej
Thank you for the taking the time to post your comments, my name is Katherine Earlam, I am a PALS officer for the Trust.
I am very sorry to hear of your concerns.
Hours of work this week: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We value your feedback as this will help us to improve our services in the for other people in the future

Pinkgirl1993 reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Support and listening

I have to say I have been in services for many years services since the age of 11 I have recently been moved to Pennington unit
For support and I have to say it's the best I have had karen really listens and now undertaking SCM. They have been supportive and haven't let me down. I think it's improved a lot. Keep up the good work

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017 using Care Opinion

Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust replied on 13 March 2017

Dear pinkgirl1993
Thank you for the taking the time to post your comments, my name is Katherine Earlam I am a PALS officer for the Trust.
I was very pleased to hear of your positive experience of our services I would like to assure you that I will forward your comments onto the team involved to share with the staff.
If you would like to contact me:-
Hours of work this week: 09.00 am – 5.00 pm
Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We value your feedback as this will help us to improve our services in the future

Lipgloss reviewed North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Getting the right diagnosis and support

Child pulling hair out, then to doctors, referred to camhs, never seen by camhs, referred to barnardos, put on a 6 week anxiety group class, week 3 taken to 1 side after class to be told are you aware he's pulling constantly at his hair, and he's got anxiety, why didn't somebody see him face to face from camhs first, phones camhs again for some advice to be told it's just a habit.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 January 2017 using Care Opinion

Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust replied on 30 January 2017

Hello
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments, let me apologise for your experience of our services.
To enable me to deal with this please could you either send me further details or give me a ring to discuss.
Katherine Earlam - PALS officer