Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

01629 812 525 Newholme Hospital, Baslow Road , Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1AD

Harri reviewed Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

waited with my great grandson at MIU

Great Grandson reopened a small recent arm wound,
Rang before attending and was assured that the unit could treat it.
Waited 1. 5 hrs to be seen, and was then told you could not clean the wound and sent to Royal Derby.
A minor injuries unit cannot clean a small wound!
Please Explain

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 July 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience at one of our Minor Injury Units.
This is not our usual standard of care and we would like the opportunity to investigate why this has happened.

We require some more information to enable us to look into your concerns. Please can you contact our Patient Experience Team on 01773 525119 to discuss this further?

crocodilegz77 reviewed Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

I have changed my life thanks to this service

I started with the weight management service in October 2016. At the first meeting I met with Joy and Caroline who set out the exact programme prior to Bariatric Surgery: what would happen and mostly the investment I would have to make in order to be successful. I am now at the end of my 9 months programme and moving on to the next stage which is surgery. Throughout this whole process I have felt supported, motivated and most of all informed by the team. I have changed my life thanks to this service. Thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from attending the Live Life Better Derbyshire, Specialist Weight Management Programme
It’s always rewarding as a group facilitator, to hear the positive outcomes our service makes for each individual, and I am elated that through the service you have experienced the positivity and success to make the changes you have, giving you the results.
Our aim is to support all of our client’s to understand basic nutrition, along with all of the other topics covered, enabling everyone to make healthy choices, lose weight and live life in the process.
Thank you once more for leaving your positive feedback.
Best wishes

Neil Bostock gave Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service

I had terrible toothache having somehow managed to break part of my tooth. Sadly, I am very ill and cannot visit my usual dentist where I live. Having tried to find a dentist who would visit me at home without any success, my GP suggested Coleman Street Emergency Service. I rang and explained the problem and although I had to wait a week for the visit, a really pleasant and helpful dentist and their assistant came to see me today. The dentist was extremely good and soon sorted out the problem and put in a filing and also gave me antibiotics to stop any possible infection. I cannot praise the dentist enough and would strongly recommend anyone in similar circumstances to contact this clinic for help.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind comments that reflected the whole team approach we strive for. Our promise to all patients is that you will always feel welcome and valued and that your care meets your individual needs. I am very pleased we managed to sort your problem out in a timely and satisfactory manner. Your comments will be fed back to the team.
Chrissy Fairey
Patient Experience Information Officer

Anonymous gave at Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Dedication of staff is amazing

I used the emergency dental service in derby today due to infected wisdom tooth, yes there was a long wait but I was greated by the most lovely staff all of whom were working longer than they should to ensure everyone was seen. Can't praise them enough, thank you

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 May 2017

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind comments that reflected the whole team approach we strive for. Our promise to all patients is that you will always feel welcome and valued and that your care meets your individual needs. I am very pleased we managed to sort your problem out in a timely and satisfactory. Your comments will be fed back to the team.
Chrissy Fairey
Patient Experience Information Officer

crazy cat lover reviewed Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

Didn't stamp my prescription

the emergency dentist wrote a prescription out didnt stamp it and the prescription look like a child has scribbled over their mistakes

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 May 2017 using Care Opinion

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience when accessing the emergency dentistry services.
We require some more information to enable us to look into your concerns. Please can you contact our Patient Experience Team on 01773 525119 to discuss this further.

Anonymous gave at Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

I attended the emergency dentist on the 26th April 2017 after severe pain in my gums making it difficult to eat. I had previously had infected wisdom tooth and was pretty sure this was the same thing. It took me over an hour to actually speak with someone on the phone to arrange an appointment.

Upon arrival there was a wait but I knew this was to be expected. When I was seen by the dentist who looked at my tooth and said it was just inflamed where the wisdom tooth had not come through. They advised me to continue taking painkillers and soak cotton wool balls in Corsodyl several times a day.

I spent the next 6 days in pain but did what they advised believing they knew best and it would soon be better. This included over my birthday where I was unable to enjoy the meal organised as I was in too much pain to eat.

The following Tuesday the pain was unbearable, I could not eat or drink, my face was swollen and every time I used cotton balls they were soaked in yellow gunk and blood. I made an emergency appointment with a private dentist. When they looked at the gums and my tooth, it was highly infected. They instantly prescribed me with a course of antibiotics. The dentist also advised me about having the gum trimmed and it was decided to do that there and then.
Once done and the numbness had worn away, I was no longer in pain as the inflamed gum had gone and the antibiotics cleared the rest of the infection.

I am extremely disappointed that this treatment was not considered and I do not believe it was not infected when I initially visited on the 26th April 2017. I believe it was late in the evening and they simply wanted to see the patients and go home. The pain I experienced for the following week was unnecessary and it could have been resolved a lot quicker than it had been. I cannot fault the dentist I paid privately to see. I will not use Coleman Street again.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 July 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience of whilst accessing Emergency Dental Care at Coleman Street Health Centre.

We require some more information to enable us to look into your concerns. Please can you contact our Patient Experience Team on 01773 525119 to discuss this further and to make sure we can arrange a further appointment for you. Thank you for providing this feedback as we are committed to identifying opportunities for learning and to improve our patients experiences of services.

Absolutely brilliant!

I have always been nervous of the dentist but I have been put at ease by the lovely dentist and dental nurse who dealt with me. I was in excruciating pain down the left side of my jaw, didn't have to wait too long to get in and I was dealt with very quickly. The lovely dental nurse explained everything to me and their main concern was to make sure I was no longer in pain. I had the wisdom tooth extracted didn't feel a thing!!! Brilliant emergency dentist would definitely recommend!!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 March 2017

The Team at Coleman Street Emergency Dental Services would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share the positive experience you received following your recent visit. We continually strive to deliver the best possible individual care to our patients and we are delighted that you felt supported, cared for and made to feel at ease.
We hope that you are recovering well and feeling much better after your wisdom tooth extraction.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

Ellen Green reviewed Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

Assessment by occupational therapist

We required input from OT to make an assessment regarding aids to assist mother-in-law who has late stage dementia and is totally dependent in the majority of activities of daily living. Kerry, the OT arrived and her communication skills were excellent! Her listening skills were first rate and she quickly and professionally assessed the tools/aids that were required. Everything arrived the following day and a technician fitted "raisers" to the settee. The ability to care for my mother-in-law at home is now much more assured. A sincere thank you to Kerry.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017 using Care Opinion

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences regarding the care you have received whilst accessing Occupational Therapy. It is really great for the team to receive such positive comments and recognition of the quality of care they provide to their patients. Our aim is always to provide a professional and caring service which is tailored to your individual needs by well trained staff with time to care. I have shared your comments with the service and we hope you are making a speedy recovery.
Chrissy Fairey - Patient Experience Information Officer

Eric Taylor gave at Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Best dentist I have ever been to

I used the emergency out of hours dental service for the first time yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect but the experience was nothing but positive. From the reception staff to the dentist and their nurse, everyone was patient centred, you could not ask for more.
Everything was explained and even apologised for during a difficult extraction.

I would say that my visit here has been my best ever visit to a dentist and would recommend them to anyone.

Thank you for your help.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 March 2017

We hope that you are recovering well and feeling much better after your tooth extraction.
Chrissy Fairey - Patient Experience Information Officer

Hannah B gave at Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

amazing!

I was in a lot of pain with tooth ache, tried all the dentists near me, and further a field.. no one could get me in. Rang the emergency evening clinic and got an appointment. Was seen within an hour. Dentist was so helpful saw my pain and problem with a cracked tooth and suggested we pull it out straight away. They made me feel so comfortable (I'm not scared of the dentist anyway) but the dentist and their assistant where amazing! 10 mins I was in and out and Iv had no pain since! More of these emergency centres need to be opened! I feel 100000% better! Thanks coleman street!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 January 2017

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 January 2017

Chrissy Carline