Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

01522 308686 Beech House, Witham Park, Waterside South , Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN5 7JH

Anonymous gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Bloodline - Please change this system

This system is not user friendly at all. From having to ring to book and then the clinic isn’t available after lunch. It doesn’t cater for busy working people who can’t get to the hospital before work!
The nurses and staff are lovely but every time I attend there is never any other person waiting to be seen so why do we have to book? Surely they can accommodate for those turning up on the off chance. If you have an actual condition that requires regular tests then this should be considered.
Blood tests should be done at the GP practice, you should not have to trek all the way to Johnson for a 5 minute procedure.
Please change this system!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 19 November 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

sent round the houses

I went to the doctor about a lump in my groin. She thought it was nothing to worry about but sent me for a scan. I was then given an appointment at the local private hospital (outsourcing from the NHS) who rang the day before my appointment to tell me I couldn't be seen there as the paperwork from my surgery was wrong. I was sent instead to a mobile unit who travel to one or two of the large local surgeries,for a scan where I was told I had an inguinal hernia. I was then referred to another to yet another company who do minor surgery for the NHS, to have it dealt with, but when I turned up for my pre-op assessment the specialist told me I definitely do not have a hernia. This is very concerning not only because the diagnosis from the company that did the scan was wrong but because the lump was in the WRONG PLACE for a hernia.Apart from the inability of the doctor who did the scan to tell the difference between a hernia and some other lump he has wasted precious NHS resources as well as my time and that of the specialist.The doctor who saw me today has written to my GP and I am now back to square one as I will need to see another specialist to find out what is actually wrong. .

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Review

Called 111 at 1pm as a visiting relative had a problem. Were given a 4 hour time slot and nobody turned up.
Were told that the "(dis)service" was provided by Lincolnshire Community Health Service. It does not even warrant a 1 star rating and the telephonists all tell their own fairy tale.
Four telephone calls and no help.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 07 January 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 10 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative.
I am sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service, please be assured that LCHS takes all concerns seriously.
We would appreciate the opportunity to listen and explore your individual concerns in more detail, if you would like to contact the Complaints Department on 01522 309752.

pauline goddard gave General dental treatment at Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Blood taking at Skegness hospital

It seems ridiculous to me ,I live in Hogsthorpe,to have to travel to Skegness to get my bloods done every month ,when there is Beacon Medical Practice surgery 5 mins down the road to get my blood taken. This month had to wait1hr 15 mins to be seen,last month it was 2 hrs, for a 5 min appointment..The waiting system is ridiculous, 50 people ahead of me last month, why on earth do away with the appt system worked much better..! This whole system just does not make sense. Because I have to have bloods done for Boston hosp,Beacon Medical won’t do it,and because my husband is under Louth for Rheumatoid Arthritis,sent there by their request,they won’t take his blood either,ridiculous.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 11 January 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this comment. (Thank you for taking the time to contact us) As a community health trust we always strive to deliver great care to the communities we serve and we are sorry the care and experience you received on this occasion was not what you expected.

We invite you to contact us directly to discuss your concerns about the care you received, by calling 01522 309 752 or by email at LHNT.LCHSComplaints@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Short visit

I took my uncle into the department in the early hours of the morning, the staff were fab, he was quickly checked over and tests done. He was given some drugs there and then and sent home. A quick and efficient service thank you

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 06 January 2018

Brilliant Service.

This is a brilliant service. Making a appointment is straightforward and they always try to accommodate you on time and day.Very short wait, seems to find my veins very easily, little or no bruising. I thoroughly recommend this hospitals Phlebotomy department.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 09 January 2018

Anonymous reviewed Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

Brilliant

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very quick with appointment. Brilliant location. Excellent service

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Not a great visit

My daughter (3years old) fell over and cut her eyebrow today, this was at 5.40pm living only round the corner from johnsons I thought I would run her up to the minor injury unit as it doesn't close until 6pm. Caught by the train gates at wygate I thought I would ring the hospital and warn them we was on the way, I was greeted by someone who wanted me to go over to pilgrim as is was 'too late for them to see her' this was 5.50pm I answered with your still open for 10mins they then became a bit short with me asking so you want us to asses her and treat her in 10 minutes then, yes I do was my answer. This member of staff wasn't happy about this and put the phone down. I arrived to them waiting for us at 5.54pm they were still unhappy that I had actually turned up and spoke to me in a very short manner and booked my daughter in as they had to now I've turned up there. Three butterfly stitches later we left. There was no bedside manners with my daughter in fact hardly any interaction at all and not much to be said to myself either. I was back in the car with my daughter at 6.03pm so I think it's appalling the way we was treated for taking up just 6 to 7 minutes of their time and only making them 3 minutes late.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Awful care

So after ringing nhs 111 with chest pain due to being asthmatic and an infection asking for advice whether to ring my local gp surgery, the person at 111 insisted that I needed to get to the hospital urgent care centre rather than waiting for my gp due to waking up in the night gasping for air. Upon arrival there was no staff at the reception desk which I had to ring the bell for. When a member of staff arrived they didn’t even go behind the desk but asked in the waiting room a few metres away what my name was address and what it was concerning. Thankfully it wasn’t a personal issue that the waiting room could hear. The nurse came through and took me through to a room for blood pressure checks and thermometer checks to which I had to ask if I could close the door. The doctor then came through and listened to my chest asking questions, the doctor then asked about my asthma and asked if I needed any inhalers to which I replied that I was running low on the brown inhaler. The doctor then went away. The doctor then reappeared with their coat and bag and my prescription for steroids and antibiotics. The doctor simply said you’ll have to go to your gp for your inhalers and turned around said bye to a colleague and went out the door. I followed them out as they were such a rush to go home. I understand that hospitals are under pressure but an extra two minutes to explain what these was for would of helped. I went to my pharmacy explained what had happened and asked them to explain what the medication was treating me for and how to take the medication etc.
All in all a disgusting approach for louth hospital considering I had rang 111 up just for some advice and it was them who referred me to the hospital. Staff was rude and could not treat patients humanely. Just felt like an inconvenience.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Anonymous recommended Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

Very rude minor injury nurse

Visited the Minor Injury Unit today after hurting my finger playing sports 6 weeks ago and the swelling has yet to subside.
The reception staff were very helpful and organised and the wait t be seen was very short. However the nurse that saw me today was very condescending, judgmental and arrogant. I was in the treatment room for less than 2 minutes and left with no care plan or explanation.
This level of patient care is substandard and not acceptable.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017