Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

01522 308686 Beech House, Witham Park, Waterside South , Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN5 7JH

Tartenella reviewed Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

My Partner

My partner was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer 5 years ago.
The treatment and care has been outstanding. He has been given every treatment available. Bracotheraphy, Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy,Radium 233 and Now a different Chemo.
The consultant and his team on oncology Lincoln are fantastic.
The community services that we have accessed are McMillan, Nursing services and Occupational therapist. They contacted us within 2 days of referrals. They telephone regularly just to see how things are going.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 20 March 2019 using Care Opinion

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave at Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Efficient service

I was seen at the clinic in Lincoln and was treated efficiently and with respect and dignity.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 06 February 2019

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 06 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments on the NHS Choices website. We always endeavour to deliver a personal, good quality service to all of our patients. It is very motivating for staff to receive positive comments and your feedback will be shared with the team.

Kris gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visit to minor injuries unit after a fall on ice

On Thursday 24th January I fell and injured my right thigh. My husband took me to the unit and I was soon seen by a triage nurse. He was very courteous, kind and professional when carrying out my examination. I was taken to x ray where it was found that I had fractured my pelvis. He then sent me to Physio department to be given a walking frame for use at home. I could not fault the service I received from all of the staff that morning and really appreciate having the services of the Johnson Hospital in Spalding. Thank you ??

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 01 February 2019

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 12 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your treatment at Johnson Hospital following a fall. I am pleased to hear that your experience was positive and met your needs and your kind comments will be shared with the team. We hope that you are making a speedy recovery.

Anonymous gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Bloodline - Please change this system

This system is not user friendly at all. From having to ring to book and then the clinic isn’t available after lunch. It doesn’t cater for busy working people who can’t get to the hospital before work!
The nurses and staff are lovely but every time I attend there is never any other person waiting to be seen so why do we have to book? Surely they can accommodate for those turning up on the off chance. If you have an actual condition that requires regular tests then this should be considered.
Blood tests should be done at the GP practice, you should not have to trek all the way to Johnson for a 5 minute procedure.
Please change this system!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 19 November 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 28 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback and comments. Please accept our apologies for the delay in posting this response. I am sorry you were not 100% happy with the service you received however we are already in the process of changing the service from the 4th Feb 2019 which hopefully will improve efficiency of our service and meet your requirements.

All GP practices have been notified and there are posters up in the department explaining the changes and new opening times of blood line. We are adding a drop in session between 8am-9am every morning where appointments are not going to be necessary. However patients will need to be aware that we will not be able to regulate how many patients turn up during this hour so queuing and waiting should be prepared for unlike now with appointments where patients are actually seen on time. We will be keeping appointments for the rest of the clinic as a high percentage of patients prefer this. Hopefully having the 2 options will meet more patients’ needs. Once these changes are in place it will free up the phone lines more as well and hopefully provide a much improved service for all patients.

Anonymous gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Short visit

I took my uncle into the department in the early hours of the morning, the staff were fab, he was quickly checked over and tests done. He was given some drugs there and then and sent home. A quick and efficient service thank you

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 06 January 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 25 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments on the NHS Choices website. We always endeavour to deliver a personal, high quality service to our patients. It is very motivating for staff to receive positive comments and will share your comments with both the team and the organisation.

Brilliant Service.

This is a brilliant service. Making a appointment is straightforward and they always try to accommodate you on time and day.Very short wait, seems to find my veins very easily, little or no bruising. I thoroughly recommend this hospitals Phlebotomy department.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 09 January 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 25 January 2019

The staff strive to provide a high standard of quality care to patients who attend and LCHS are really pleased to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is very much appreciated and will be shared with the team.

Anonymous gave Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Review

Called 111 at 1pm as a visiting relative had a problem. Were given a 4 hour time slot and nobody turned up.
Were told that the "(dis)service" was provided by Lincolnshire Community Health Service. It does not even warrant a 1 star rating and the telephonists all tell their own fairy tale.
Four telephone calls and no help.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 07 January 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 10 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative.
I am sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service, please be assured that LCHS takes all concerns seriously.
We would appreciate the opportunity to listen and explore your individual concerns in more detail, if you would like to contact the Complaints Department on 01522 309752.

pauline goddard gave General dental treatment at Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Blood taking at Skegness hospital

It seems ridiculous to me ,I live in Hogsthorpe,to have to travel to Skegness to get my bloods done every month ,when there is Beacon Medical Practice surgery 5 mins down the road to get my blood taken. This month had to wait1hr 15 mins to be seen,last month it was 2 hrs, for a 5 min appointment..The waiting system is ridiculous, 50 people ahead of me last month, why on earth do away with the appt system worked much better..! This whole system just does not make sense. Because I have to have bloods done for Boston hosp,Beacon Medical won’t do it,and because my husband is under Louth for Rheumatoid Arthritis,sent there by their request,they won’t take his blood either,ridiculous.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 11 January 2018

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust replied on 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this comment. (Thank you for taking the time to contact us) As a community health trust we always strive to deliver great care to the communities we serve and we are sorry the care and experience you received on this occasion was not what you expected.

We invite you to contact us directly to discuss your concerns about the care you received, by calling 01522 309 752 or by email at LHNT.LCHSComplaints@nhs.net

Anonymous reviewed Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

Brilliant

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very quick with appointment. Brilliant location. Excellent service

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Not a great visit

My daughter (3years old) fell over and cut her eyebrow today, this was at 5.40pm living only round the corner from johnsons I thought I would run her up to the minor injury unit as it doesn't close until 6pm. Caught by the train gates at wygate I thought I would ring the hospital and warn them we was on the way, I was greeted by someone who wanted me to go over to pilgrim as is was 'too late for them to see her' this was 5.50pm I answered with your still open for 10mins they then became a bit short with me asking so you want us to asses her and treat her in 10 minutes then, yes I do was my answer. This member of staff wasn't happy about this and put the phone down. I arrived to them waiting for us at 5.54pm they were still unhappy that I had actually turned up and spoke to me in a very short manner and booked my daughter in as they had to now I've turned up there. Three butterfly stitches later we left. There was no bedside manners with my daughter in fact hardly any interaction at all and not much to be said to myself either. I was back in the car with my daughter at 6.03pm so I think it's appalling the way we was treated for taking up just 6 to 7 minutes of their time and only making them 3 minutes late.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017