South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

01869 365 000 Northern House, 7 - 8 Talisman Business Centre, Talisman Road , Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6HR

Brisio reviewed South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Caring and Efficient Staff

My sister had a fall at our local shopping precinct and an ambulance was called. I cannot praise the paramedics who dealt with her enough. They were so caring and efficient and explained everything that was going to happen. After a while she was taken to A&E and the doctor who attended her and the nurses were also really caring and efficient. She needed a CT scan and x-rays and once again these departments were very efficient. I have so much praise for our NHS especially as there is often so much bad press about the service. We are so lucky to have such wonderful service.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 06 April 2019 using Care Opinion

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Impressive Service

In the early in the early hours of Friday morning, my husband collapsed in the bathroom. I called 999 and they dispatched an ambulance. The two paramedics who arrived were excellent and took control of the situation and were very reassuring. I then became unwell and they made the decision to call another ambulance. We were looked after exceptionally well and we can’t praise the 4 paramedics enough for their care and consideration. We were very fortunate that they were able to take us both to A&E where we were dealt with quickly. When the ambulance service gets so much criticism, we just wanted to put on here that there are good stories too. Sadly these rarely seem to be reported.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 13 March 2019

DP Cowen reviewed South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Royal Berks A&E

Called 999 for the first time ever due to chest pains. Ambulance sent and arrived in about 5 minutes. Great paramedics who were very experienced.
Taken into A&E, the entire department here were friendly and carried out their roles as efficiently as possible in a professional and caring manner. They carried out numerous tests and we were never left waiting for more than 15 minutes in between seeing a nurse or doctor. The department was busy on a Saturday afternoon but we were out with all tests competed within a couple of hours with a positive and reassuring outcome. The final young female doctor we saw was excellent and very in-depth. Thanks to all the A&E team at the Royal Berks in Reading.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 05 January 2019 using Care Opinion

Helped my Aunty at Premier inn havant

The two guys that attended where great, my Aunty is in her 80's they didnt rush her and made sure she got an immediate appointment followed by the treatment she needed. Well done guys, great service

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 24 December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind message. The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Deborah gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

I like to thank the crew that helped my mum on 29 October

The crew went above and beyond they were brilliant and very caring

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended, please email us at patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk with the details ( Patient name and address) and we will happily pass this on.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Angela Simpson gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Two exceptional Paramedics based at Kidlington.

I would like to thank two exceptional Paramedics who came to my husband's assistance on the night of 23rd/24th October when he was having a grand mal seizure. They were so caring and empathic towards both of us,giving reassurance and going far beyond the call of duty.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 30 October 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 November 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us with your kind feedback. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended directly, please contact us on patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk or by phone on 0300 123 9280 with some further details.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Second call-out in three days

I had to call the Paramedics to my husband again on Thursday 25th October, and was blessed with two wonderful, caring people based at Kidlington, who gave me such invaluable advice at a very difficult time. How lucky we all are to have such an excellent service.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Won't send their own crews to chronic patients

Unfortunately I have a respiratory condition which means I have to call 999 frequently because I can't breathe and this is what I have been instructed to do by a consultant, several nurses and GPs.

What is unfortunate is that you are reluctant to send your own crews to us and get much better, brilliant private crews to us which benefits us much better... However it is sad that you consider someone who is so poorly as a nuisance and below your own crews.

Your paramedics seem insistant to do nothing but judge and not actually listen to what they are being told. It's hard living with a condition that is trying to kill me without you guys making it harder.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

thank you for taking the time to contact us and write a review. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service. If you would like us to look in to the specific points then please contact us on patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk or by phone on 0300 123 9280 with some further details.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

alex gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

999 ambulance call out 31/11/18 7.30 am

I have never had to call an ambulance out before, the crew were very professional and very calming, in the way they dealt with me.
They even popped back into the hospital to see how I was doing.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 04 November 2018

Thank you very much for your kind message. The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Paul Davis gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Apologies

My name is Paul Davis , I need to send apologies to the Para Medic whose time I wasted, by doing something I never thought would happen , I got very drunk and passed out, unfortunately I live in a block of flats , no one was capable of lifting me up , so someone pulled the red cord , and the chap was sent out to put me to bed . I didn't wake up till the next morning, I have always moaned about people, wasting your employees time , for being called out for drunks so I feel absolutely gutted that I have become one of them . If possible could the guy be found and my sincere thanks and humble apologies given to him . Many thanks Paul Davis.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 04 September 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended, please email us at patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk with your address and we will happily pass this on.