South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

01869 365 000 Northern House, 7 - 8 Talisman Business Centre, Talisman Road , Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6HR

DP Cowen reviewed South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Royal Berks A&E

Called 999 for the first time ever due to chest pains. Ambulance sent and arrived in about 5 minutes. Great paramedics who were very experienced.
Taken into A&E, the entire department here were friendly and carried out their roles as efficiently as possible in a professional and caring manner. They carried out numerous tests and we were never left waiting for more than 15 minutes in between seeing a nurse or doctor. The department was busy on a Saturday afternoon but we were out with all tests competed within a couple of hours with a positive and reassuring outcome. The final young female doctor we saw was excellent and very in-depth. Thanks to all the A&E team at the Royal Berks in Reading.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 05 January 2019 using Care Opinion

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Helped my Aunty at Premier inn havant

The two guys that attended where great, my Aunty is in her 80's they didnt rush her and made sure she got an immediate appointment followed by the treatment she needed. Well done guys, great service

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 24 December 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Deborah gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

I like to thank the crew that helped my mum on 29 October

The crew went above and beyond they were brilliant and very caring

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended, please email us at patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk with the details ( Patient name and address) and we will happily pass this on.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Angela Simpson gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Two exceptional Paramedics based at Kidlington.

I would like to thank two exceptional Paramedics who came to my husband's assistance on the night of 23rd/24th October when he was having a grand mal seizure. They were so caring and empathic towards both of us,giving reassurance and going far beyond the call of duty.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 30 October 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 November 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us with your kind feedback. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended directly, please contact us on patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk or by phone on 0300 123 9280 with some further details.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Second call-out in three days

I had to call the Paramedics to my husband again on Thursday 25th October, and was blessed with two wonderful, caring people based at Kidlington, who gave me such invaluable advice at a very difficult time. How lucky we all are to have such an excellent service.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Won't send their own crews to chronic patients

Unfortunately I have a respiratory condition which means I have to call 999 frequently because I can't breathe and this is what I have been instructed to do by a consultant, several nurses and GPs.

What is unfortunate is that you are reluctant to send your own crews to us and get much better, brilliant private crews to us which benefits us much better... However it is sad that you consider someone who is so poorly as a nuisance and below your own crews.

Your paramedics seem insistant to do nothing but judge and not actually listen to what they are being told. It's hard living with a condition that is trying to kill me without you guys making it harder.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

thank you for taking the time to contact us and write a review. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service. If you would like us to look in to the specific points then please contact us on patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk or by phone on 0300 123 9280 with some further details.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

alex gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

999 ambulance call out 31/11/18 7.30 am

I have never had to call an ambulance out before, the crew were very professional and very calming, in the way they dealt with me.
They even popped back into the hospital to see how I was doing.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 04 November 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Paul Davis gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Apologies

My name is Paul Davis , I need to send apologies to the Para Medic whose time I wasted, by doing something I never thought would happen , I got very drunk and passed out, unfortunately I live in a block of flats , no one was capable of lifting me up , so someone pulled the red cord , and the chap was sent out to put me to bed . I didn't wake up till the next morning, I have always moaned about people, wasting your employees time , for being called out for drunks so I feel absolutely gutted that I have become one of them . If possible could the guy be found and my sincere thanks and humble apologies given to him . Many thanks Paul Davis.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 04 September 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended, please email us at patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk with your address and we will happily pass this on.

Molly 121 reviewed South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

I would like to thank everyone

I was very sick at lunchtime then again at about 5 pm. My husband telephoned 111 and an ambulance was sent out. It came very quickly with 2 gentlemen paramedics who were very kind and took lots of details. They then took me to A&E at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. I was seen very quickly by a Nurse who took further details and made sure I was comfortable.
Lots of tests were done and a charming Doctor came to see me he sent me to have a chest Xray. Blood tests and urine tests were also done nothing was found to be wrong so I was sent home at about 1 am.
I am feeling much better now and would like to thank everyone for their help and kindness.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 August 2018 using Care Opinion

Care received on 2 occassions from scas

I experience 2 teams of paramedics looking after me on 28.7.18 and then 29.8.18.
The care i received from both teams was excellent. Professional. Caring.
I really cant thank these teams enough for their care and compassion

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 31 August 2018