South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

01869 365 000 Northern House, 7 - 8 Talisman Business Centre, Talisman Road , Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6HR

Deborah gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

I like to thank the crew that helped my mum on 29 October

The crew went above and beyond they were brilliant and very caring

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended, please email us at patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk with the details ( Patient name and address) and we will happily pass this on.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Angela Simpson gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Two exceptional Paramedics based at Kidlington.

I would like to thank two exceptional Paramedics who came to my husband's assistance on the night of 23rd/24th October when he was having a grand mal seizure. They were so caring and empathic towards both of us,giving reassurance and going far beyond the call of duty.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 30 October 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 November 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us with your kind feedback. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended directly, please contact us on patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk or by phone on 0300 123 9280 with some further details.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Second call-out in three days

I had to call the Paramedics to my husband again on Thursday 25th October, and was blessed with two wonderful, caring people based at Kidlington, who gave me such invaluable advice at a very difficult time. How lucky we all are to have such an excellent service.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Won't send their own crews to chronic patients

Unfortunately I have a respiratory condition which means I have to call 999 frequently because I can't breathe and this is what I have been instructed to do by a consultant, several nurses and GPs.

What is unfortunate is that you are reluctant to send your own crews to us and get much better, brilliant private crews to us which benefits us much better... However it is sad that you consider someone who is so poorly as a nuisance and below your own crews.

Your paramedics seem insistant to do nothing but judge and not actually listen to what they are being told. It's hard living with a condition that is trying to kill me without you guys making it harder.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

thank you for taking the time to contact us and write a review. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service. If you would like us to look in to the specific points then please contact us on patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk or by phone on 0300 123 9280 with some further details.

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

alex gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

999 ambulance call out 31/11/18 7.30 am

I have never had to call an ambulance out before, the crew were very professional and very calming, in the way they dealt with me.
They even popped back into the hospital to see how I was doing.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 04 November 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Paul Davis gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Apologies

My name is Paul Davis , I need to send apologies to the Para Medic whose time I wasted, by doing something I never thought would happen , I got very drunk and passed out, unfortunately I live in a block of flats , no one was capable of lifting me up , so someone pulled the red cord , and the chap was sent out to put me to bed . I didn't wake up till the next morning, I have always moaned about people, wasting your employees time , for being called out for drunks so I feel absolutely gutted that I have become one of them . If possible could the guy be found and my sincere thanks and humble apologies given to him . Many thanks Paul Davis.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 04 September 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us. If you would like us to pass this on to the crew that attended, please email us at patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk with your address and we will happily pass this on.

Molly 121 reviewed South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

I would like to thank everyone

I was very sick at lunchtime then again at about 5 pm. My husband telephoned 111 and an ambulance was sent out. It came very quickly with 2 gentlemen paramedics who were very kind and took lots of details. They then took me to A&E at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. I was seen very quickly by a Nurse who took further details and made sure I was comfortable.
Lots of tests were done and a charming Doctor came to see me he sent me to have a chest Xray. Blood tests and urine tests were also done nothing was found to be wrong so I was sent home at about 1 am.
I am feeling much better now and would like to thank everyone for their help and kindness.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 August 2018 using Care Opinion

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Care received on 2 occassions from scas

I experience 2 teams of paramedics looking after me on 28.7.18 and then 29.8.18.
The care i received from both teams was excellent. Professional. Caring.
I really cant thank these teams enough for their care and compassion

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 31 August 2018

q8 reviewed South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Referred to Stroke Unit for MRI Scan

I am just writing to say how impressed I was with the way I was dealt with from the moment I got the Stroke Clinic, I have to say the signage and layout of the building needs improving but the staff were absolutely brilliant.
Unfortunately I am not good with names but can confirm that when i was initially seen by the young lady and asked to sit in the waiting room. We were provided with a fan as it was quite warm and also with water. I was given full information about what I should expect to happen and how long I may have to wait. Fortunately or unfortunately after my First MRI scan I was told by Dr Burns that he could not see any evidence of a stroke, which was the good news, but after seeing that my eye was twitching decided that I may be having seizures and so decided to get a more detailed second scan. Having got this information I was rather feeling unwell and was escorted to a room to lie down. The staff were incredible, I was given tea and a sandwich which was most welcome. I think I may have annoyed one of the nurses who I was complementing about her looks but said it in a very clumsy way. I was told that I needed to be given medication before I go to prevent the seizures getting worse. I did not take well to the medication which made me very dizzy and was told that I would be transferred to Wexham Park Hospital by ambulance. I then had to wait till 11 pm to be transported but I was really looked after and given a drink and sandwiches. I never got a chance to thank the staff properly and can say that every single person I was in contact with that day was very professional and went beyond what I expected from them and that also includes the porter and members of staff I met in the lift when I got lost. All so helpful and a total contrast to much of the staff from the other hospital.
Well done to all and keep up the good work.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018 using Care Opinion

The SCAS Patient Experience Team

The best help I have had.

I would just like to say a massive thank you to the ambulance crew for looking after me and my dog when they came to take me to hospital what an amazing pair they did above and beyond there duty once again iam in debt to thank you .This was 4th July 2018.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 July 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for your kind message. We would really like to pass this on to the crew that attended you but to enable us to do this, if you are able, please can you contact the Patient Experience Team either by phone to 0300 123 9280 or by email to patientexperience@scas.nhs.uk.