North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

0191 430 2000 Bernicia House, Goldcrest Way, Newburn Riverside , Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE15 8NY

Anthony gave North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service

Thank you for a marvellous service.when I went into AF the paramedics were reassuring,professional and sympathetic towards both me and my family.
Your staff made a stressful situation seem less distressing.
Thank you.
Taken to RVI from blakelaw.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

EandM2012 reviewed North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

A perfect example of our excellent NHS

Attended children's A&E with my daughter who had been assessed by a paramedic at home and we were advised to attend. We were seen in a very timely manner and the staff were absolutely lovely with my daughter.
The nurse did a thorough triage and advised us she would get a doctor to check my daughter over. Dr Adrian (I believe) was brilliant with my daughter (and me) he was very calm and reassuring and made a very scary time much less scary. We were given medication and had to wait an hour for it to work. Dr Adrian came and reassessed after 1 hour and we could go home. A perfect example of our excellent NHS.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017 using Care Opinion

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Keith gave North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Marvellous Paramedics

Just wanted to place on record our deep appreciation for the help two paramedics gave ourselves and my mother in law in the early hours of Monday 7 August.
They were called out to attend my Mother in Law Eileen, who was in a lot of distress .
The paramedics dealt with the situation with a degree of care of compassion that was truly humbling.
They treated Eileen with the utmost dignity and respect, were kind and thoughtful with my wife and I managing to keep us fully appraised of Eileen's condition at all times.

Even after Eileen had been admitted to hospital, the one paramedic displayed concern and compassion for my wife when they happened to see her in A and E.

Both paramedics were a credit to themselves and the ambulance service and deserve the utmost praise for their actions.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 September 2017

Thank you for your message, it's always nice to hear that you have received excellent care from our staff.
If you email our patient experience team with consent from your mother in law, we should be able to track down the crew and pass on your thanks.
The communication and engagement team

Billx reviewed North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Hospital services when needed.

I have recently suffered two heart attacks and needed two separate stays in University hospital, Durham. I cannot speak highly enough about the treatment I received or the superb way I was treated by all the staff from the ambulance services, A&E, the acute observation ward, the cardiology ward and the coronary care ward. They were also careful yet thorough. I send my sincere thanks to all.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Eliz A reviewed North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Professional and reassuring paramedic

On holiday in Northumberland my husband went into atrial fibrillation. The paramedic, Simon, arrived extremely promptly. He was both professional and reassuring. Managed to maintain my husband until he was taken to hospital.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017 using Care Opinion

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 July 2017

Thank you for your comment. If you are able to pass on your name and details of the time, date and location of the incident in a private email to patientexperienceteam@neas.nhs.uk, we will be able to forward on your appreciation to the paramedic and other crews involved. I hope your husband is making a good recovery.

Mark Cotton

Rita Taylor gave North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Emergency Transfer

On Wednesday Moring I was transferred by ambulance from North Tees Hospital To James Cook Hospital.
The transfer was around 8 o'clock in the morning. For me it was sudden and unexpected and all very scary. There were 3 crew, one of which was a student paramedic. They were all so caring and kind and took great care to put me at ease.
They put on a twelve lead ecg and put in a cannula in the ambulance. The paramedic sat in the back of the ambulance with me to James Cook Hospital and was so caring, compassionate and professional.
The transfer to the coronary catheter theatre went smoothly and I know that whilst I was in there the paramedic took time to find and talk to my husband ( he had arrived separately from home) to let him know how I was, this was so caring and thoughtful.
I have never been a patient in an ambulance before and hope I never am again but if I do I am assured it will be first class . Would highly recommend.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 July 2017

Thank you for comments and I am pleased to hear that you're making a good recovery now. If you would like to email me your name, address and date that you called the ambulance, we can ensure that your appreciation is passed onto the crew involved. My details are mark.cotton@neas.nhs.uk.

Mark

Anonymous gave North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic response

On Friday the 16th of June my 89 yr old mum suddenly became unwell and suffered a seizure . The paramedics were amazing .their rapid response and empathy and care shown to both my mum and myself was exemplary.
Would you please pass on my sincere thanks to them.
What a credit to your team x
Many thanks
Diane and my mum lily

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 18 June 2017

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 June 2017

Thank you for leaving us a message, it's lovely to hear that your mum received such good care from our staff. If you would like to email patientexperienceteam@neas.nhs.uk they should be able to pass on your thanks to the crew
The Communication and Engagement Team

Let down carer reviewed North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Why did the Crisis Team not respond when requested?

In May this year, I tried to call the crisis team in for my partner, who was suffering a serious relapse in her mental health.
I always believed that the team were there 24/7 but, no. Couldn't get an answer until 9am on the Saturday morning. Details were taken over the phone, who asked me to ring another number (which I did).
After going through all the details again on the new number, (social services) I was told that someone would ring me back when they get in. After about an hour, someone did ring and asked me why I had rang them? I explained I had been told to and they made a few calls then rang me back again and left a voicemail. They said they had rang the crisis team and requested they attend to assess my partner. They had said "they're not prepared to do that and quite frankly, I can't make them!...So, there we are I'm afraid". My daughter phoned 111 for advice. The operator made a few calls then phoned me back. They sent an ambulance, (which was on site for an hour and a half) but my partner would not go in it, so it was stood down.
Next morning. The social worker rang me again to say they were going down with 2 doctors to assess my partner and could I be there to let them in? This was done and they left to set things in motion to admit her. About 4 hours later, they returned with another ambulance. But. She still wouldn't go in the ambulance. Police were called and waited another hour. They called the police again but they refused to get involved without a warrant.
This left her alone all night again and all day Monday. Tuesday, I got another call from the social worker asking me to be there again to let them in, as they were coming with an ambulance again and the police would be in attendance this time.
A successful admission to West Park Hospital was made this time. A big thank you to the social workers and the marvellous ambulance crews (3)
What I want to know is! ! Why the crisis team did not respond when requested. As she had only been out of hospital 9 weeks, surely this should have set alarm bells ringing! This needs looking into!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017 using Care Opinion

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 July 2017

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get the response you expected. If you're able to privately email the details of your name and address to our us at patientexperienceteam@neas.nhs.uk, we will look into this for you

Mark Cotton
Assistant Director

Great care

On Sunday 7th May my husband suffered a stroke whilst playing tennis in Consett. Due to the prompt actions of his friends and the ambulance service, he was able to receive emergency treatment at Durham within 2 hours and was discharged 3 days later, he is now well in the way to a full recovery. Special thanks to the paramedic who attended that day.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 May 2017

Thank you for your response, it's lovely to hear that your husband received such good care and he is on the road to recovery.

Is it possible you could email our assistant director of communications mark.cotton@neas.nhs.uk with consent from your husband so we can access his record and track down the crew

The communications and engagement team

Jabba reviewed North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Unaffordable travel

Live in Berwick upon tweed, needed to be at hospital for surgery at 7-30am. Unable to use patient transport service, so due to my disability have had to hire a local taxi to bring me up, £100.
Told I wasn't able to drive and I'd be in hospital prob till Friday I've had to re book the taxi to get me back home again cost of £100. I'm a pensioner on benefits and struggling to pay this out. This transport service is available from Berwick to Newcastle hospitals I really don't see the difference as it all comes under the nhs

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017 using Care Opinion

North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, we are sorry to hear that you were unable to book transport for your journey into hospital. Please contact PALS, who will be able to advise you on transport provision in your area and the eligibility criteria https://www.neas.nhs.uk/patient-info/patient-advice-liaison-service-(pals).aspx

The communications and engagement team