London Ambulance Service NHS Trust

020 7921 5100 220 Waterloo Road , London, Greater London, SE1 8SD

Very professional and compassionate

I experienced vertigo at St Paul's station and was very ill and unable to move. I was feeling extremely sick, dizzy and frightened, as each time this happens and the experience and result is always different. Both the ambulance crew who came to site were extremely professional and reassuring. It was difficult to communicate, but they were excellent at ensuring that I was informed about what was happening and what they were going to do. They also were very reassuring to my mother who was with me, and to the London Underground staff who were helping us. They were able to deliver medication that helped me recover much sooner than I had hoped. I could not rate this service higher. Thank you!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Superb- Barnet Hospital Ambulance

Luckily perhaps but the 2 crew members arrived within 5 minutes of a 999 call. The paramedic was great did the medical aspects of the job with a really good manner. They were accompanied by a GP who was doing some out of hours training. The GP had the regulation gormless behaviour. After a short while an ambulance arrived and the paramedics were again really focused but had a lovely, easy manner. I found them compassionate, understanding and very professional. I felt they actually showed up the GP with them who was somewhat detached and uninterested it seemed.

It is a shame that hospitals can't learn from paramedics in how to treat people. I was so scared going to hospital because I have witnessed such bad attitudes: uncaring, callous, and lazy.

Thank you for your amazing work, you're the best in the world IMHO.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Celina reviewed London Ambulance Service NHS Trust

A big thank you to the staff. They were fantastic and really looked after me and took me to UCH hospital.after being taken ill at a wedding yesterday. Thanks, you do a great job

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 August 2017

Thank You!

I had what I thought was a heart attack in court on Tuesday 29 August. I called my husband for help and within a short time, two most wonderful paramedics arrived. They were super-reassuring and knew just the right things to say and do. My first experience of London Paramedic service and couldn't have been more impressed. Turned out to be gallstone attack and now undergoing treatment for it. But wanted to register my deepest gratitude and thanks to the two angels who came to the rescue in my hour of need.

Yvonne Jefferies

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 September 2017

Jennifer Logan reviewed London Ambulance Service NHS Trust

My heroes.

In the early evening of Friday 11th 2017, i began to experience extreme pain under my breastbone and back related pain. At eight thirty the pain became so extreme I thought I was going to pass out, and called 111. I had heard negative comments on the service, but the response was speedy and sure. An ambulance arrived within fifteen minutes, and two paramedics came to my door. They immediately took charge of the situation in the calmest and kindest way possible, and gave me a cardiogram, which showed no immediate heart problems, but the pain was getting worse, so bad that I almost fainted. I was given gas and air, which helped and they decided to take me to St. Mary's Paddington. In the ambulance I was given intravenous paracetamol, was soon violently sick. The paramedic had already given me a bowl, but it was a very unpleasant experience, but their kindness and sensitivity was unwavering. On getting to the hospital they stayed with me till the nurse arrived . After many hours and many tests, it was found to be an extreme gastric problem, but it could have been much more serious, and the staff at the hospital were brilliant. I cannot praise the two paramedics highly enough, not only for their skill, but for their kindness and empathy to a very frightened lady. Top marks.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Jezabel Valdivia gave London Ambulance Service NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Everything was perfect yesterday night, including the extra effort the doctors manage to understand me as I was completely lost and I couldn't even speak properly.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

Emily Herbert gave London Ambulance Service NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ambulance Service Feedback.

The paramedics came over to check my heart, and they were so helpful in supporting my mum and dad and were so helpful in giving me tips to understand how to control my bodies reaction to stress with showing me the importance of breathing .: 7 in and 11 out ! ..
also they were so calming and friendly I felt so much better for their efforts to understand my history of amphetamine use and why my body is under stress..
Thank you for your kindness and guidance x
Emily

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 July 2017

Tutti fruity reviewed London Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Most importantly I was listened to

I was taken into A and E by ambulance with severe abdominal pain. I would like to thank the Ambulance crew for showing great empathy. I can't remember their names due to to being in so much pain. When I arrived at A and E I was seen by two doctors given more pain relief and most importantly I was listened to. I was discharged after bloods etc ruled out any life threatening concerns but was asked to come back the following morning to have an ultrasound to investigate further. I cannot thank you enough.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Heartfully thankful

So much thankful to lovely ambulance staff.
My lo was hurt and i was scared to death. My neighbours called the ambulance and they were quick to respond. Ambulance staff helped me and my lo at every step to the hospital.

Hats off to nhs ambulance services... thankful to them with all my heart :)

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Upset daughter gave London Ambulance Service NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Wait time

We have been waiting for a ambulance since 14.30 it's now 20.10 , my mother has cancer in two places, it's a disgrace .

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

London Ambulance Service NHS Trust replied on 13 October 2017

We are sorry to learn of the delay in attending your mother. We should be pleased to look into what happened but will need more details to do this. Please feel welcome to contact our Patient Experiences team, telephone on 020 369 0240 or email ped@lond-amb.nhs.uk

Gary Bassett