The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01895 238282 Pield Heath Road , Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3NN

Anonymous gave The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Mother in pinewood ward

My mother has been seriously ill in Pinewood Ward, Hillingdon Hospital for some weeks. We have all been overwhelmed by how kind and caring the nursing and medical, in fact all the staff have been. The physical environment of the ward is a challenge, it's an old building probably past it's expected life. It is however unfailingly clean and comfortable for patients and relatives. The very well managed team continually go the extra mile to provide the best care for their patients, often under huge stress. I cannot praise them highly enough.

The food is appetising, healthy, and with plenty of choice. The staff go,out of their way to make the patients stay as good as it can be, and the patients relatives experience as easy at it can be.

As a family we feel very lucky that our mothers illness is being managed by such effiicent, kind and caring people.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 16 July 2017

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 August 2017

Collectively as a ward, we would like to thank you for your kind review and really appreciate the time you have taken to convey this message. As a team, we love and enjoy what we do and of course appreciate kind words like yours. As you noticed we work under a lot of pressure but always try to make sure that our patients get maximum and efficient care and luckily we have a good supportive overall management team, who work behind the scenes to make sure that we are able to achieve this. We would continue to do our best, to continue to improve and achieve higher clinical standards with a smile on our faces against all odds.

Elizabeth Junak
Ward Manager
Pinewood ward

Laurence Cole gave The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

well done Mount Vernon!

Simply to say that I had a first class experience yesterday with both Outpatients, X-Ray and Reception at Mount Vernon. Special mention to the doctor involved a first class consultation and examination and a doctor with an excellent "bedside manner". I was seen on time, was sent straight away for an x-ray which happened very quickly and thereafter was seen again immediately by the Dr. who's explanation of my situation was concise and understandable, conclusions and recommendations absolutely comprehensible - all in all an excellent experience. In the post today I received a follow up appointment letter - all very efficient. Thanks again to the Dr. and Mount Vernon. I couldn't be more impressed by their attitude, performance and service. Many thanks.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 November 2016

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write to express your gratitude and appreciation for the Services received.
We will feedback your comments to the Team

Anonymous gave The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

How long do you have to wait to be seen if suspect cancer?

My fathe was seen at MVH by a doctor on the 14th of October who was excellent in explaining what might be happening with my dad, they wanted a urgent biopsy done to see if it is cancer. Last week just as I came out of hospital myself, there was a message left for me to contact dermatology lead on 01895279200 to make an appointment for dad to have his biopsy done. I have left 3 messages and we are now on the 11th of November, a month after seeing the doctor, who wanted this done urgently and still know one has called me back. we don't know if he has cancer or not, so thank very much, for leaving my dad wondering and wondering if he has cancer?

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 11 November 2016

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm really sorry to read of your experience and the difficulties you have had in securing an appointment for your father. Please contact our PALs team on 01895 279973 or thh-tr.pals@thh.nhs.uk with your details.

Maternity services

I want to say thank you to staff on Katherine ward, Labour ward, Alexandra ward and community midwifery for the excellent care provided. Although I had planned to have a normal birth, I ended up having a caesarean. At all times staff were kind and supportive and kept me informed of what was happening. I would recommend Maternity services at Hillingdon Hospital to anybody planning to have a baby.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 24 February 2016

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 May 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such a positive feedback. We are really pleased to hear of your good experiences within our maternity services.
Our staff are committed to providing a high standard of care to all patients so it is always encouraging to hear such a positive patient story. I will pass your feedback on to the team in Maternity.

Suede gave The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Moh's Surgery

I had a biopsy for a lesion on the tip of my nose which turned out to be nodular basal cell carcinoma. I saw a doctor at Mount Vernon Hospital who suggested that I had Moh's surgery to remove it. I was extremely nervous, but the doctor was so patient, explaining the procedure fully and putting me at ease. The procedure was performed in the out patients at Hillingdon Hospital. I was very nervous, but the doctor and team were wonderful, and it was not as bad as I thought.
The aftercare was excellent, I saw the dermatology nurse for a total of four weeks to have the dressing changed.
I am very pleased with the results so far and have to thank all of the staff at Hillingdon Hospital for all of their care and support.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 18 November 2015

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 December 2015

Thank you for your compliments. I am very pleased to hear your experience was a positive one and will pass on your kind words to the dermatology staff.
Amos Jakachira, Assistant Director of Nursing for Cancer and Clinical Support Services

Cazza gave The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Waitin for an operation

I am always the first one to give positive reviews for Hillingdon in the past. I have had 2 bouts of gall stones and been admitted to Hillingdon. It was agreed that I would have the operation to remove the gallbladder and placed on the waiting list in October. I had a pre op assessment at the beginning of November but received a letter from the consultant in December to confirm that I need the op and that day had added my name to the waiting list! I managed to speak to their PA who was very kind and who was of the opinion that I would hear shortly. Unfortunately not heard anything. I have since tried to obtain some information on a timescale for the op through admissions but no one gets back to me. I completely understand the current pressures but this is unacceptable. I would be content to be given a cancellation but there is no path of communication that works.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 28 January 2016

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 February 2016

I am sorry to hear that you have not received a date for your operation. If you would like me to follow up your admission date please phone me on 01895 279190 or email toni.french@thh.nhs.uk
Toni French
Surgical Access Manager

Anonymous reviewed The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

No respect, lack of information

Not sure why my previous review of the hospital was rejected, seems truth hurts. Lack of information about parking, lack of information about choice of gender of professional treating you, lack of care and knowledge by the person and way treated. What's wrong with this other than NHS choices doesn't like it!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 December 2016

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 May 2017

We are sorry that you have had cause to complain. Please contact or Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01895 279973,