024 7636 2100 Wayside House, Wilsons Lane , Coventry, Warwickshire, CV6 6NY

Anonymous gave Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

IAPT triage is a joke!

After an extremely difficult period I have been referred to access IAPT. I rang and was given a 'triage' appointment.

The triage was useless probing into my life, breaking me down to a state where I was sick and sobbing then to tell me as I wasn't going to kill myself I could have no help; if in another four months time I still felt like this then maybe I could have help.

At the end the operator asked what I wanted to do, I rang them for help, if i knew I wouldn't have need to call. I asked what options I had as the picture painted had been bleak at best. Ring crisis support or go to your GP if you feel like killing yourself seemed to be the salient point as was the mentioned over and over.

I was patronised, felt belittled, ashamed and physically sick and far worse than before I had this call. In fact on top of my already fragile metal state I now feel anger and hatred, thanks making things worse for me.

I can't offhand think of any other NHS service who do not speak to their client as a human being and seem so unwilling and reluctant to provide support. This call should have been the pinnacle of support and help for people in need and this sort of autocratic attitude is simply not appropriate for dealing with someone in need of help and support.

I have come away feeling IAPT is a good wayon paper to look like the NHS are doing something to help however for me its simply over-promising and under-delivering. I imagine the figures look good though; one 30 minute triage call. tick the box 'not eligible for help' and that's another person dealt with.

It is mental health day tomorrow, please for goodness sake make a change to this service and make it right for the people who need support.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 11 October 2017

Thank you for your comments about our IAPT service. This is a very popular service used by more than 20,000 people each year in Coventry, Warwickshire, and Solihull, and we have a great deal of positive feedback about the service, so we are sorry this has clearly not been the case for you. It would really help us if you could give us more detailed feedback about your experience. We do take seriously the feedback we receive, and use this to help us improve our services. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
PALS.Complaints@covwarkpt.nhs.uk

DONNYB gave Urology at Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

District Nurses are Incommunicado!

My wife has been receiving periodic visits from the District Nurses based at Tile Hill on and off for about three years now, mainly to check and change the dressings on some long-standing leg wounds. While most of the nurses who've visited us are pleasant, courteous and professional, communication and continuity are - sadly - virtually non-existent.

Only once have we had a period of having a 'regular' nurse who knew what was required and took a personal interest in my wife's progress, but otherwise if we have any sort of query over the timing or frequency of visits, we find it next-to-impossible to make direct contact with anyone apart from through the 0300 number call centre - where once past the 'menu' system, the operators are usually polite and courteous but are unable to help or do anything apart from pass on messages. Messages which are left are more often than not ignored, 'mis-translated' or simply not passed on to the right person, which is hardly surprising given the number of different staff who seem to be working there. Hardly anyone ever fills in their name properly on the sign-in sheet in the care plan, so we have no idea who half the people who call actually are.

I have succeeded a couple of times in getting an email address for one of the sisters supposedly in charge, but even that doesn't guarantee a response. It would be helpful to have something like an office email to use, but that appears to be outside their competence (or wish) to provide.

I can't offhand think of any other firm or organization I've used who seem so unwilling and reluctant to communicate effectively and directly with their customers. In the 21st century, this sort of arrogant attitude isn't good enough, and their managers should be taken to task over it.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 21 September 2017

Thank you very much for your comments. We take all feedback seriously, and use all information received to help us improve the services we provide.
We are very concerned about the issues you raise about your wife. If you are worried about the care she is receiving now, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, as detailed below.
We will be better able to deal with the issues you have highlighted if you contact PALS, and we would truly appreciate the opportunity to put these matters right.

PATIENT ADVICE & LIAISON SERVICE (PALS)
The Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) is a service that deals with patients', relatives' or carers' queries and concerns regarding their health care, and can provide information on NHS services generally. If you would like to make a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint about any aspect of care provided by the our Trust, please contact:
PALS and Complaints
Freephone Number: 0800 212445
Tel: 024 7653 6804
Email: PALS.complaints@covwarkpt.nhs.uk

Crisis Team, what a joke!!

My daughter has taken an overdose, it's not the first time and she continues to say she is going to end it all. As a cry for help she rang the so called Crisis Team. I don't know if the people in charge of this totally useless lot are having a laugh at the misery of others but they offered to make an appointment to see her in 'a couple of days'. My understanding of Crisis means urgent, now, immediate. Clearly it does'nt mean the same to this lot as they offer to see you in two or three days? Get a bloody grip Coventry NHS Trust!! You already know you are one of the worse performing in terms of mental health in the country. What's being done about it? From my experience, nothing, nothing at all.
When this 'Crisis' lot do eventually turn up they empathise, all very well but the patient and their loved ones want a clear plan and way forward. The problem is, they won't get it and if appointments are made they are broken due to holidays, sickness, staff shortages or any other excuse they can think of.
The IHAT team at the hospital are no better. They told my suicidal daughter who by this time was in hospital, to have a bath or go for a drive to make her feel better! Seriously? Go for a drive if you're feeling suicidal. That's great advice is it not from a person that is supposedly a highly trained professional. I'm no expert or mental health practitioner, but that advice in my opinion is downright dangerous and possibly fatal and shows a total lack of duty of care.
If you have a mental health problem in this city, God help you because the 'care' or lack of it in this city is truly shocking and they don't look as if they are doing anything about it.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 21 September 2017

We are very concerned about the issues you raise about your daughter. If you are worried about the care she is receiving now, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, as detailed below.
We would like to assure you our crisis teams are highly trained specialist mental health practitioners who are focused on best meeting the needs of all the people who need their support, often in desperate circumstances.
We appreciate the name ‘crisis team’ causes some confusion about the level of service on offer, and that this is true in the majority of Trusts around the country that use this name.
However, crisis teams are there to help at a time of mental health crisis to make sure patients – usually people already in touch with our services - get a prompt response and further help where this is appropriate, in particular to try to support people so they avoid a period of care in a mental health specialist inpatient unit.

Anonymous reviewed Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust

Crisis Team for whom and what is a crisis?

I have put in a complaint to Pals and they are still investigating due to a failure of response from the management of the crisis team. I am pretty sure this have been ongoing from July 2017. Although I have been assured if I need to in the interim to use this service please feel free to, there seem to be a distinct clash of who the service is open to and also when speaking to Pals there saying that there is the crisis team, which is open to everyone and the crisis and home resolution, which is only open to patients under the care of the Cmht. Well this is strange and new to me because the website only has one team which are the crisis and home resolution team. It seems following official direction from the website that once you've been discharged from services, you no longer will ever have a crisis in the future that Can be dealt with unless you use mental health matters or the samaritans. The scope for early intervention and prevention of relapse doesn't seem to exist. Unfortunately I have had two past hospitalisations and used day treatment services. I am not one to put on a song and dance when in crisis and do not wish to present down casualty. What is missing is the swift response to provide early intervention to prevent relapse. It needs a clear responsible attitude to people in crisis and recognition of the need for of crisis team that is open to everyone either under, or have been under the cmht..Also i feel there are lots of underlying issues that can contribute to someone's mental health and a recognition by the cmht that other problems can coexist such with myself just having diagnosis of asd, but still have schizophrenia and a mood disorder. It is beggars belief that I had to be discharged from the cmht to gain access for asd assessment even though I wasn't mentally fit and stable. Time to wake up Cwpt and truly offer help and support to all.Its not sufficient to offer a detailed discharge plan that doesn't offer any form of early intervention to prevent relapse. It just makes for meaningless twoddle An appointment in 3 months time for reassessment of need is not appropriate for someone who is clearly struggling.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 12 October 2017

Thank you very much for your comment about our mental health crisis response services. We use all feedback to help improve the services we provide, and we appreciate the time you have taken to give us your views.
You are right that our crisis resolution and home treatment team is there to respond to people who are already open to specialist secondary care mental health services as a result of a current mental health condition.
If a patient has been discharged from our secondary care services then we are still ready to respond if that person becomes unwell. As you rightly say, Mental Health Matters and Samaritans are just two of the organisations out there who can also help, and they can also help people access other specialist services.
If you are not happy with the level of care currently available to you from our Trust, you have done the right thing by contacting our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), who will be pleased to help you.

Crisis Team

They will not help you. Instead you'll have issues pulled apart and triggered for them to leave you to your own devices, festering in it. The councillors will provide hope, then leave you. This is the second time I've been referred to them after a suicide attempt and they've suggested I am selfish, lazy, don't want to get help, when I'm crying out for it - week waiting periods, they won't get in touch with you and let you know what is going on - then strike you off without telling you.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 10 October 2017

Thank you for your comment. We take seriously all the feedback we receive about our services. We are sorry to hear about the issues you describe. Our crisis team do a very difficult job and work hard to get the best outcome for everyone who is referred to them. We will use your comment to help us review the way this service works. Please help us with this by contacting our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).

Email: PALS.Complaints@covwarkpt.nhs.uk

1988 reviewed Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust

let down by caludon centre

I cannot express my concerns to how my relative is treated and let down time and time again by these services! ! The lack of care and sympathy, support and advice is a total and utter disgrace.
My relative has a long history of attempted suicides and severe paranoid schizophrenia and is currently going through a particular bad patch, he is now in my opinion a threat to himself and the public.
My mother is at her wits end, she has been on her mobile for the last 7 days attempting to get him assessed, firstly they could not go out until after the weekend ( so much for a crisis team, what ever happens please anyone try not to have a crisis at the weekend! ! ) finally after battling over the telephone constantly to consultants, nurses, secretaries, crisis team. Putting complaints in and talking to so called managers, his CPN goes around to his home to make a visit. My brother answers the door and tells them it's not a good time (he is a paranoid schizophrenic of course he not going to be OK letting them in, in his frame of mind, (I'm not medically trained this is surely just common sense) so the CPN then tells him they will be out at 12pm tomorrow! ! Now was the appropriate? To tell him a time they will be out, firstly due to his state of mind he probably won't remember, secondly now they have told him a time he more than likely will not be in again surely this is common sense.
Mean while my mother and the rest of the family are left wondering, what is he doing? and where is he? Where the duty of care? ? Who has now the duty of care for my brother whom has a long standing history of mental health problems and years of attempted sucicide?

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 30 June 2017

‘We were very concerned to read your feedback regarding our service. We will make sure our services see this and consider the appropriate steps they should take to provide the care that is needed. In the meantime, if you are concerned about the services or response you receive, please contact our Patient Liaison Service (Pals), as detailed below:

PALS and Complaints
Freephone Number: 0800 212445
Tel: 024 7653 6804
Fax: 024 7653 6896
Email: PALS.complaints@covwarkpt.nhs.uk

Mental health services at jardine cresent

Today I attended my appointment with the mental health team and accompanied by my best friend. I have been suffering from severe aniexty, depression, agrophobia, self harm, suicidal thoughts etc...
Once going in for the appointment with my friend the member of staff was extremely rude and condescending. Causing me to get extremely upset to the point where my friend had to step in and question what help I was going to receive..the attitude of this individual has caused me great upset and only because I have stayed in the company of my friend I haven't resorted to self harming myself..this person has no empathy with people that have an illness and should not be around vulnerable people! All that the member of staff seemed to be concerned about was the mind course and you tube videos!! I know how to breath and have tried this all myself and you tube?! This is what the mental health team are suggesting? Shocking
To be informed that no medication can treat a personality disorder and it's all in your head! And sudical attempts are just apart of aniexty!
I wasn't even greeted with a simple hello and how are you! Just a very aggressive why have you brought someone with you! The end of the day I will mask my issues and another person will tell you the truth!
I have never felt so horrified on how we were both treated and I thought the first meeting was bad enough..
I don't want to ever go back there!!!!!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 February 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Wouldn't allow me to book an appointment due to data protect

There is no email address or details as to how to complain. My partner emailed me to ask me to ring IAPT on his behalf because he was unable to do this at work and we have had problems getting through. When I rang I was refused under data protection. I said that it has nothing to do with data protection as I am not receiving personal information but giving personal information. They said that I am still making a referral when it is his GP who has actually made the referral by giving us the IAPT phone number. The assistant advised that he could ring on his lunchbreak or I could ring with him by me. I said that this wouldn't be possible due to a number of factors including anxiety, working hours, recent sick leave and job hunting during lunch breaks. Hence why he emailed me with his consent for me to ring. They still refused even though I clearly had his consent in writing. Constantly trying a phone number that doesn't pick up is enough to cause anyone anxiety nevermind panic attacks. We have concluded that the service is no use to a working person due to the appointments having to take place in working hours. Unhelpful and illogical although polite service.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 25 January 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 30 January 2017

Thank you very much for taking time to give us your comments. We use all feedback we receive to help us improve our services.
We strive to respond positively to all calls received, and will always try to find a solution for any circumstances that patients and their carers might describe to us, to enable people to access our service.
I am sorry on this occasion you experienced the difficulties you describe. As our staff explained, they are not able to take a referral on behalf of any patient without having express consent from that patient. I am sorry this appears to have caused you some inconvenience on this occasion, but this is an essential requirement of the service.
I can assure you that the majority of people who use our service are working people, and we will be glad to make sure we meet your partner’s needs.
Please contact us on 024 7667 1090 to access the service, or contact our patient advice and liaison service if you would like us to let you know how we have used your comments to improve what we do.

CONTACT US:
PALS.Complaints@covwarkpt.nhs.uk

Abriel666 gave Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic response times, kind and considerate staff

Despite media destruction of our perceptions of the NHS, my recent experiences have been nothing short of excellent. I have some un-diagnosed as yet musculo-skeletal problems which have worsened and are beginning to restrict my movement. My GP referred me for MRI and Ultrasound examinations. The MRI appointment came in less than a week, with the Ultrasound 4 days later. My referral for Physiotherapy, having been warned could take up to 6 months, is booked from 4 weeks of the GP's request. I am very impressed by the speed of care and the empathy and kindness of all the staff I have been seen by (and presumably will see again as my therepy/diagnosis continues). I should like to thank the Trust for its efficiency and good management, especially in these difficult economic times. Hopefully I shall soon be pain free and able to resume a normal active life, but that will only be because of the care and support I am receiving. A big thank you to all, Directors to the cleaning staff. Please pass this to the relevant department of the CQC as they should know that other Trusts could learn much from ours. Kind regards, Mark.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 27 January 2017

Thank you very much for your positive comments about these services. We will make sure the teams involved get to see this feedback. We use all comments received to help us improve the services we provide.

Anonymous gave Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Still waiting

Strange experience here. I suspect I might have bipolar and my GP seems to be at a loss at what to do with me. When I was first referred for an appointment I believe I was rapid cycling and was experiencing manic depression with psychosis. I was told that they didnt believe I was psychotic but the few letters they wrote to my GP they did state that they believed that was the case. They didn't think that I was ill enough to continue treatment so when I was particularly at my worst an administrator called me to say my case was closed even though a week before I was talking about the Dr about experiencing psychosis and talking about suicide. The administrator had no record of my last appointment and then left it at that. It was a joke really as my GP said the doctor wasn't told that I was being taken off their books so to speak. Annoyingly it seems as though my GP is trying to get me back under their care but that was 3 months ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 12 February 2017

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 14 February 2017

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience of our service. We use all feedback like this to help us improve what we do. If you would like us to consider further the care you have received, please get in touch to let us more about your situation.
Contact: