2gether NHS Foundation Trust

01452 894000 Rikenel, Montpellier , Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 1LY

They don't care

I phoned this number last year told me to phone my Dr on a Saturday at 6pm ended up in hospital and discharged wasted NHS time for hours. I am really bad now I have nobody to phone,

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience, we are sorry that you did not get the help that you were hoping for.

Thanks 2gether for helping me recover from depression

i will forever be grateful to the 2gether trusts brilliant psychological welfare practitioners, cbt therapists, psychiatrist and psychotherapy team who supported me or my gp when I was in crisis and experienced severe treatment resistant depression. They gave me the coping skills, medical advice, and confidence to be able to cope with and eventually recover though it took years from severe depression. The psychiatrist, who I think I only saw about twice, was particularly brilliant and understanding and found the right medication for me.
There has been such an improvement in my mental health in recent years in large part due to the therapy I received from 2gether.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 May 2018

Many thanks for leaving such positive feedback about the care and support provided by our colleagues. We are pleased that you have clearly benefited from our services and wish you well for the future.

Responsive, caring, practical

Unfortunately I have had cause to use this team more than I would have liked - I think, frankly, no-one likes having to use mental health services! Each time I have called I have been put through to someone who is a clinician, a practitioner, someone who knows what they're talking about - even at 3am!

I have found that people listen to my concerns, understand my perspective (even when others might dismiss my views as a relative). The contrast of this team with other crisis teams I am aware of is Night and Day.

I feel so relieved having to call them again recently and I am very surprised to see poor reviews left - I think perhaps some people need to be given more information about their rights as Nearest Relative (if they are NR) and better education about mental ill health more broadly - but that is a criticism about the state of mental health services and the stigma of this illness, rather than a criticism of the crisis team.

That and this government need to take a long hard look at themselves and the appalling provision left to mental health services that the people in this team seem to be managing wihtout impacting their service delivery. Thank you Crisis team!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 April 2018

Thank you for letting us know that you have found the support from our Crisis Team to be helpful to you – we will pass your comments to the relevant managers for them to share with the team. May we take this opportunity to wish you and your family well for the future.

PaulS gave 2gether NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Utterly useless and dangerous, they make things worse

My wife spends her days curled in a ball crying and unmoving. She no longer cares for herself or anything else, she has systematically cut of all contact with her friends and now refuses to talk or see anyone except her husband, and has now become so physically weak she cannot move from place to place without help.

I am prevented by the moderator on this forum from describing the reasons for this behaviour, so I can only say what others have said in their posts, she feels worthless, useless and less than human and she does not want any help.

Her GP and I are desperate to get her some help and the GP has twice refed her to 2gether. On both occasions 2gether spent less than 15 minutes to record her symptoms and then simply referred her to a helpline number “for emergencies” and passed her back to the GP. Case closed.

My wife doesn’t want help so will never ring the helplines.!

It took me threatening legal action for negligence for the team to suddenly re-review the case and magically realise that they were only responsible for light to mild depression and in fact my wife had severe depression, and lo there was another team who could help, and she was suddenly being referred urgently.

I am now waiting to speak to the new team (don’t hold out a lot of hope as there still part of 2gether), but reading the posts below they all have the same theme running through them over and over again. The initial 2gether team you get to review you is either genuinely incompetent or deliberately incompetent by design, and basically they bounce people away from the service onto cheap helplines or 3rd parties.

I have literally never come into contact with a team associated with the NHS who are so genuinely and deliberately trying to not to help. as another post states its like talking to a brick wall, nothing you say will get through, there is no compassion, no willingness to help, nothing to mitigate their complete lack of empathy

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 07 February 2018

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 February 2018

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you and your wife are experiencing. We would very much like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. We would be very grateful if you could contact the Service Experience Department via 2gnft.pals@nhs.net or by calling us on 01452 894 072.

Emma gave 2gether NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Animals get treated better

I have only recently had experience with the crisis team and all I can say is since then I have never felt so low or hopeless. In the last 48hrs I have over dosed twice and was removed from the top of a multi storey car park by the police. That night I saw two people from the Cheltenham team who promised the world and agreed I had been let down previously, I begged them not to let me go home telling them I was not safe alone. They then allowed me to leave hospital in the middle of the night without a thought of checking where I had gone, it was then I took a second overdose. The following day I saw the usual Gloucester crisis team who informed me they don't think I have a serious mental health issue and the offer of support was home visits, or things I am perfectly capable of doing myself like talking to my GP about medication. I have tried these visits previously and found them completely pointless, there was no mention of the support promised the previous evening. I'm not sure what needs to happen next to be taken seriously, I'm sure when it's too late their first words will be we never saw it coming despite the fact I couldn't shout louder. Completely at the end of the road now, feel useless, hopeless and no way of getting better from this 'non-existant' illness!!!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 22 January 2018

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 January 2018

We are so sorry to hear about your recent experiences with our Trust’s Crisis Teams which have left you feeling unsupported. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and would be very grateful if you could contact the Service Experience Department via 2gnft.pals@nhs.net or by calling us on 01452 894 072.

Anonymous gave 2gether NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Like talking to a brick wall

Had several bad experiences with mental health nhs.
The crisis team are patronising most of time and very badly organised.
The communication between the mental health staff, nurses doctors, consultants and patients is horrendous.
When I was a patient in lawn a male member of staff made a nasty comment to another patient and myself on separate occasions, a pregnancy joke about our weight.
This made me feel unsafe, so I would never go back there. Having staff that bully patients is unacceptable.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 January 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your experiences of the services provided by our Trust's Crisis Team and Wotton Lawn Hospital. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you and we would be very grateful if you could contact the Service Experience Department via 2gnft.pals@nhs.net or by calling us on 01452 894 072.

Anonymous gave 2gether NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent caring and thoughtful staff

I have read the previous reviews and feel I have to make a comment, I am unsure where these people, who have made very derogatory comments, have been seen and who they have been seen by, but this was definitely not my experience with Mental Health services, the staff who seen me and any staff, both clinical and administrative, that I had any interaction with, have been nothing but helpful considerate, caring and understanding, particularly when things were very difficult for me, I would not have managed to get through a very challenging time without their support and help and I feel saddened that these staff, who work really hard in difficult circumstances sometimes, they too are affected by the cut backs in the NHS, are given such terrible feedback, some comments were quite vicious and definitely unfair on staff who are unable to defend themselves through these sites. Again I can only comment on my experience, without the support of Mental health services and Crisis in particular I would not have managed to get well on my own and continue to stay well.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 January 2018

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the positive experiences you had with our services; we are very pleased that you found our staff to be helpful and caring whilst you were having a challenging time and would like to take this opportunity to wish you well in your continuing recovery.

Terrible service

In the middle of a crisis got told by reception I'd just have to wait. Have written a letter of complaint three days ago but have had no reply. In desperate need of a psychiatrist in order to sort out issues with medication, but it's just impossible to see one. Get given an appt with a mental health nurse (who won't be able to prescribe) with 2 weeks wait , which gets cancelled so there is another 2 week wait. Hello! I'm virtually frothing at the mouth and developing an addiction to clonazepam but you just make me jump through hoops in order to get a medication review! I'm struggling with suicidal ideation and profound anxiety but hey, what will an extra couple of weeks waiting matter? If i wasnt depressed before , I am now!!

2gether desperately needs sorting out. Reception needs training to be a little bit more compassionate. If vulnerable people are having issues with medication then it should be addressed straight away not just treated like it is a sprained ankle! (Which would probably get seen to quicker)

Each day that passes is pushing me in the wrong direction

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

What is the point?

I have come back to this service after a year of not using it, despite having terrible problems with it before and it's frustrating to see that nothing has changed. I have been spoken to as if I am causing them issues by having to change an appointment and guiltily talked into feeling poor and at fault about my illnesses. I still have appointments planned in the future but I have never received any worse help than from talk2gether. If anything I would say this has made me feel worse rather than better.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 November 2017

Please accept our apologies for your recent experiences with our Let’s Talk service. We are sorry that your contact with Let’s Talk has been frustrating, and that there was an issue about changing an appointment. We would like to discuss this further with you and we would be very grateful if you could contact the Service Experience Department via 2gnft.pals@nhs.net or by calling us on 01452 894 072.

So frustrating

My adult son has been in the Gloucester Mental Health system for the past 4 years, Having prevoiuosly been treated in Northamptonshire, and we thought the help he got there was basic, we didn't realise how lucky he was compared to the help he is getting in Gloucestershire.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 August 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the level of help your son is receiving and would like to discuss this with you. If this is something you would find helpful, please contact the Service Experience Department on 01452 894 073 or via 2gnft.PALS@nhs.net