Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust

0116 295 1350 HQ Bridge Park Plaza, Bridge Park Road, Thurmaston , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 8PQ

Mick Ward reviewed Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust

Let Down

I have been under the 'eyes' of Leicestershire NHS for many years, due to a whole range of serious medical conditions, many of them life-threatening. Three moths ago, my wife left me to cope alone and at first, I was relieved to find that I became under Leicester's Social Services, who set on a P/A, carers and twice-daily visits from nurses. As well as a gentleman whom treated me for my depression and suicidal 'feelings', but frustratingly, one by one, these services have left me to cope alone. There is nobody to contact for help at the weekend. The only phone number I have is the Single Point of Access phone number and they are constantly letting me down by not passing messages on to the nurses. I'm sorry to say that, thanks to these mess-ups, I am now thinking suicidal thoughts. It seems like everyone out there in the community that are supposed to be caring for me, have now given up and would rather I just 'vanished' to save them the effort. Regards, Michael Ward

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 29 July 2017

Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 02 August 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your experience as we strive to provide the best care and treatment for everyone who accesses our services. If you are not feeling safe please contact your GP, or if you need immediate support and help then please go to A&E where a mental health team will be able see you.
We would really like to speak to your further about the issues you have raised - please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison (PALS) Team by email at pals@leicspart.nhs.uk or by phone on (0116) 2950830.

Delayed review and rejected

I was originally refered in early summer 2015 due to severe depression, work stress, serious suicidal thoughts and possible other complications. I had been under the gp, and under occupational for a considerable time. They thought it was best i was refered as soon as possible. I did not hear anything for a long time from the partnership trust, by which time if it wasn't for having children i would have easily taken my own life. Eventually i was refered to the drug and alcohol lliason service, just because i had a few beers each night. The gp had to refer a further 2 times before i got a response. My appointment was for August 2016. It was then cancelled again until i had an appointment this October. I attended the appointment, and told them how i felt. The registrar seemed very caring and asked about my background, depression etc. Then they phoned a consultant whilst i waited outside. Suddenly i was then told i was discharged, because i only had depression, and the tablets did not work because i drink small amounts of alcohol. The whole service is a shambles.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 22 October 2016

Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 28 October 2016

I am very sorry to hear about your experience whilst under the care of Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. If you would like to discuss the issues you have raised further then please contact the Patient Advice and Experience Service (PALS) by either emailing to Pals@leicspart.nhs.uk or telephone: (0116 2950830.

Anonymous gave Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Understanding and caring

My son received care at the Bradgate unit. It was a terrifying experience for me. It the staff were so caring towards him and kept me informed. They do a good job there and although I hope he never goes back and is that unwell again, I trust them to look after him. Thank you.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 30 September 2016

Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 12 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feed back about the Bradgate Unit. We are very sorry to hear that you found it to be a terrifying experience . If you would like to talk further about this our Patient Advice and Liaison (PALS) Service would be more than happy to speak with you, and can be contacted by emailing Pals@leicspart.nhs.uk or phoning (0116) 2950830.

My wife required the services of a District Nurse

My wife was diagnosed with a leg ulcer approximately five weeks ago. Our doctor sent her to the local ulcer clinic who dressed the ulcer, we told them that we were going on holiday for three weeks and they said that would not be a problem and gave us dressings for us to use while we were away. Unfortunately the ulcer got worse and we had to have specialist dressings applied while we were on holiday. On returning to the UK we got an emergency appointment to see our doctor to arrange for treatment. As the practise nurse who deals with ulcers was on holiday for another five days and the doctor also wanted a swab taking we were given a tel. no. for the district nurse. The telephone number was for a call centre, we explained the situation and said that it was urgent as the ulcer dressing and swab needed doing asap. We were told the information would be passed on and that the nurse's would contact us with a venue and appointment time. Three days later we have not heard anything so we phone up and are told that the nurse's will be telephoning with a time and place for the following day. The following day no call so we phone up again and are told that are request will be passed on. We have heard nothing, so we have phoned our surgery and made an appointment with the surgery nurse on the day they return from holiday.
It is a non NHS call center that takes the call and possibly supplies the district nurse's or in our case does not provide the nurse's. This is the second time in two years we have tried to use this service with the same outcome on both occasions.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 28 June 2016

Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 12 October 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience regarding the District Nursing Service and Single Point of Access call centre, which resulted in you having to make alternative arrangements for your wife to visit the surgery to receive care and treatment for her leg ulcer.
If you would like to discuss this further with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) then please contact them. You can either email to Pals@leicspart.nhs.uk or telephone PALS on (0116) 2950830.

COMPLAINTS About Leicester partnership trust our pointless

Complaints to Leicestershire partnership trust are absolutely pointless to pals ..All u get is a apology from them which then often or not they make the same mistake repeatedly even after they have already apologised previously. .My issue is with mental health ..Years ago it was completely different ..Staff were Caring very friendly welcoming they had the time for you ..But these days they are more often or not often very rude Towards you haven't got the time for you are Confrontational towards you often are not trained Properly & make you cry ..The worst thing about it is Twenty years ago it was very different to what it is now ..It's far worse these days than back in those days ..Their is no compassion anymore no understanding no Sympathy not even helpful ..Just plenty of arrogance & rudeness in mental health services ..I wouldn't recommend any of my friends or family Under a CMHT now a days because it's not like it used to be many years ago ..CMHR in Britain has changed for the worst lack of money In our NHS means lack of treatment in the community & poorer care & Support ...Being under a CMHT the last Six years has not helped me at all instead it's made me a lot worse & I finally after seven years discharged myself from Leicester partnership trust As a service user & I've decided to move away from Leicester & stay clear from Any CMHT as it's done absolutely nothing but give me constant heartache & upset ..Complaints don't make a lot of difference. .My motto is Forgive & forget & move on with ur life as Many CMHT in The UK are ot helping many people if not making them far worse ..I forgive Leicester partner ship trust .I'm looking forward to moving on and forgetting the past & staying clear of mental health services ..That's what I've decided to do ..I moved to Leicester on section 117 aftercare from another area ..Moving to Leicester has been the worst experience of my entire life

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 01 February 2016

Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust replied on 01 March 2016

We are very concerned that you feel unhappy about your care in Leicesershire and with the responses you have received when you have expressed dissatisfaction. We have a commitment to provide quality care and have a dedicated team of staff who were praised last year by Care Quality Commission inspectors who found they involve and treat people with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect. The attitudes you describe in your feedback do not reflect this and are certainly not what we would expect or accept from any of our staff.
While I appreciate you expressing a wish to put your experience behind you, if you change your mind at any time you can ask to speak to me personally so that we can find out more about your concerns and have the opportunity to look into them. You can contact me via our Patient experience email address lptpatientexperience@leicspart.nhs.uk. Best wishes, Becky Millward